08 civic si w/bolts on vs 04 stage 2 - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 civic si w/bolts on vs 04 stage 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Jstike it was a mugen si mugens are just as slow as the reg si...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstike View Post
    it was a mugen si
    mugens are just as slow as the reg si
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Si will loose.

Trust me. This is coming from a boosted Si owner. 06-08 Si with basic bolt ons is still no were near a WRX stock.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    from a dig its an easy win for the WRX

from a roll I'd say drivers race.

A Hondata reflash with those mods is gonna add 30-35 hp/torque and lower the vtec switchover. Much better midrange and top end-- which is where the WRX weak point will be.
    Honestly, the hondata reflash only helps midrange, it does nothing for top end. and even still guys with I/H/E and the reflash are only making 200-210 whp depending on the dyno.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    SPT boost guage.

Quote Originally Posted by FG2_07 View Post
    no thats only the power added from the reflash. the intake adds 8-10, header 15-20 and exhaust 3-5, with those mods the reflash then adds 25-30 so it would be about 235 to the wheel. approximately.

How long have you owned your Civic. Do you have these mods.

Trust me, you will never see 235 whp from the reflash i/h/e.

it wont happen, im running the Comptech S/C, fujita intake, stock header/cat, and a greddy evo II catback and i put down 230 whp and 160 tq.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    SPT boost guage.

WRX will win.

Reliant K20
    "I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan."

From someone who has been in the k20 game from day one (and in motors for much longer than that), unlike most of the 17yr old n00bs that own a new Si i will give you the facts...

the new Si's with the k20z3 have a hotter exhaust cam than the original k20, what we like to call an RBC intake manifold (OEM model code) and a slightly larger exhaust.

now the intake mani is what most NA guys run as an upgraded manifold, it is extremely free flowing and unles you get headwork provides more than enough air for even a cammed k20. this is y with the 3 main bolt-ons they gain a lot more power than the original k20 did. however as especially u turbo guys no, intake is only as good as the exhaust, AND how you get the air into the intake.

so this guy with the Si and the short ram intake is KILLING himself, the motor does not like hot air at all, also it is the air resonosance than the longer tubing of a cai gives (plus ofcourse the cold air) that makes that the intake of choice.

the header depends on if its a race header or not and then which kind of race header it is. if its a shorty than hes dead again since the long primaries of the rh is what gives the motor most of its tq. then the paring of the primaries matter. most cheaper rh (and this guy with a short ram intake probably has a cheap one if a rh at all) have a primary pairing of 1-2, 3-4. this pairing is good but with a proper 1-3, 2-4 you can gain almost 20wtq through the whole powerband....the reflash is designed for certain mods, if its not exact, it doesn't help, if he does have a good rh, than the reflash is huge power.

they dyno around 185 stock, GOOD bolt-ons and reflash bring it around 210-215. and dont underestimate weight advantage.

so to answer your question, in the case on THIS Si, you should beat him (i did read that it was close). but the reason i felt like posting such a long a detailed replay is b/c i felt that a lot of u (not all) take the k20 for granted (my best friend has a stg 3 sti and my brother has an 09 wrx [i love] so dont get me wrong). the motor is capable of crazy things. there are people running 325whp on all motor, 650whp on 18psi, pump gas and a gt30r, and me....i dont waste my gas on an sti unless he's got an upgraded turbo
    03 RRP RSX Type-S, Tein:Hood Damper, IPS:K2 Cams/Ti Retainers, Eibach:EVS, ES:MMi's, BuddyClub:SS Race Header, Greddy:SP2 Exhaust, Hondata:K-Pro, Injen:CAI, JDM:Shift Knob, Comptech:ShortShift Adapter, CompetitionClutch:Stage 2 Kit, ACT:Streetlite Flywheel, Rotora:F&R Slotted Rotors/SS Lines, Axxis:Ultimate Pads, Rota:C10's in Full Royal Sport Bronze (17"x7.5"), BFGoodrich:g-Force Sport (225/45ZR17), CRSX:Springs, Ingals:Camber Kit, RP:Coolant, M1EP:Oils...265whp/185wtq

I agree. It totally depends on the setup. and whether its from a dig or a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightRiders79 View Post
    and me....i dont waste my gas on an sti unless he's got an upgraded turbo

You've got a nice setup don't get me wrong, but its nothing a good protuned stage 2 STI couldnt take in the quarter. I think you've just raced them all from a roll....

I could be wrong, but your HP to weight ratio against a protuned stage 2 STI is just about equal....and he's gonna kill you off the line.

There are stock VF39 turbo STi's running low 12's and high 11's.

I'd give them a little more credit.

yes I know the op doesnt have an STi

Stage 2 WRX > 08 Civic SI with hondata/I/H/E

I form my opinion from being a previous 2002 RSX Type S owner with hondata/I/E. The Civic would probably give a stock WRX a run for its money but not a stage 2.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    I agree. It totally depends on the setup. and whether its from a dig or a roll.

You've got a nice setup don't get me wrong, but its nothing a good protuned stage 2 STI couldnt take in the quarter. I think you've just raced them all from a roll....

I could be wrong, but your HP to weight ratio against a protuned stage 2 STI is just about equal....and he's gonna kill you off the line.
    yeah. im damn good from a dig, but ive never had the opritunity to race a heavily modded one from a dig, usually rolls. stock from a dig though i usually surprise quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do V2.0 View Post
    There are stock VF39 turbo STi's running low 12's and high 11's.

I'd give them a little more credit. i
    oh im sure that the stock turbo can handle that, usually people upgrade it before maxing it out though. so i guess what i mean is that by the time they upgrade it, im not gonna stand a great chance. im sure that someone maxing out the stock turbo wont be much fun either. (although probably the fastest thing in this class ive raced was a mazdaspeed6 with full exhaust intake and a mbc running 21psi tuned. we went from 20-135 and it was even until ~100 where i pulled half a car)

like i said though, just so i dont get any fanboi killers, if i had the money to own 2 cars, the second would either be an sti or the 370z.
    03 RRP RSX Type-S, Tein:Hood Damper, IPS:K2 Cams/Ti Retainers, Eibach:EVS, ES:MMi's, BuddyClub:SS Race Header, Greddy:SP2 Exhaust, Hondata:K-Pro, Injen:CAI, JDM:Shift Knob, Comptech:ShortShift Adapter, CompetitionClutch:Stage 2 Kit, ACT:Streetlite Flywheel, Rotora:F&R Slotted Rotors/SS Lines, Axxis:Ultimate Pads, Rota:C10's in Full Royal Sport Bronze (17"x7.5"), BFGoodrich:g-Force Sport (225/45ZR17), CRSX:Springs, Ingals:Camber Kit, RP:Coolant, M1EP:Oils...265whp/185wtq

Quote Originally Posted by LSUFAN View Post
    Stage 2 WRX > 08 Civic SI with hondata/I/H/E

I form my opinion from being a previous 2002 RSX Type S owner with hondata/I/E. The Civic would probably give a stock WRX a run for its money but not a stage 2.

Just my 2 cents.
    having raced a stg2 06 wrx b4 i was cammed and had the same mods as u did on your S, (+ a race header, which makes a gigantic difference compared to what u had on yours) it was a race that would go either way depending on if he would brake boost or not. the cams just add more "lung capacity" if u will which is what the k20 needs, so they are even more of an upgrade once those mods are already had.

I've owned 3 of the latest style SI's. A new SI with I/RH/E and a good driver will trap at 100mph. Having a stage 2 base WRX should be near the same. From a dig the WRX all day. From a roll..... That's a tough one, it really would come down to the driver i'd think.

Their is no reason for a modded wrx/sti to be racing n/a honda.
    Its not worth the ticket.... Thou a well modded civic/rsx would give a stock wrx/sti a run we all know who's gonna win. A stage 2 or above sti can run w/ a BMW m3, Audi s4, And juiced 350Z'S. So why bother with a honda??

Sorry, Just a thought don't want to offend anyone..

Quote Originally Posted by 04ST_rex View Post
    Their is no reason for a modded wrx/sti to be racing n/a honda.
    Its not worth the ticket.... Thou a well modded civic/rsx would give a stock wrx/sti a run we all know who\\\'s gonna win. A stage 2 or above sti can run w/ a BMW m3, Audi s4, And juiced 350Z\\\'S. So why bother with a honda??

Sorry, Just a thought don\\\'t want to offend anyone..
    i dont no bro, half your statment i agree with. but a well modded ALL MOTOR will still beat a stock sti and even a modded one...so i wouldnt go as far as to say "we all know whos gonna win." also a modded honda FI if done right will blow away a subie...of course not from a dig...hehe
    Last edited by KnightRiders79; 01-08-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightRiders79 View Post
    i dont no bro, half your statment i agree with. but a well modded ALL MOTOR will still beat a stock sti and even a modded one...so i wouldnt go as far as to say \\"we all know whos gonna win.\\"also a modded honda FI if done right will blow away a subie...of course not from a dig...hehe
    I agree. It's too bad 99% of people that go FI with honda's seem to F it up somehow. Or it winds up being a jerry-rigged job, half held together by good luck and only nets a fraction of the potential power.

.....out of the 4 or 5 FI honda's ive seen here in Lincoln, only one was worthy of racing. He had a JDM motor/tranny swap into an older intega. It was really nicely done. No flashy wing or fartcan, and a stealth mounted intercooler in the front. He said he ran a 12.9 at the track and i believe him! I was quite impressed.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.