08 civic si w/bolts on vs 04 stage 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 civic si w/bolts on vs 04 stage 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by pzr2874 The new SI's have about ~185whp... decent.... NO TORQUE. 2.5 stg 2 ..... the SI doesn't ...

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
    The new SI's have about ~185whp... decent.... NO TORQUE.

2.5 stg 2 ..... the SI doesn't stand a chance.... 1st hand
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of numbers do the SI's make with the mods the OP listed?
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Yeah but that's only gonna give the Honda ~200whp. A stage 2 WRX is up around 220-230whp, protuned closer to 250.
    no thats only the power added from the reflash. the intake adds 8-10, header 15-20 and exhaust 3-5, with those mods the reflash then adds 25-30 so it would be about 235 to the wheel. approximately.
    2007 Habanero Red Pearl Civic Si Coupe

Banned
    they say the si puts down 170-180 at the wheels. I traded my 07 si in for my sti. The si was fun but not fast at all. Any type of mod to a wrx and the si is done. It's a 15 second car stock! SLOW!

the civic with simple bolt ons and simple tune isnt going to stand a chance against the wrx....even stock
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Black X Dahlia View Post
    the civic with simple bolt ons and simple tune isnt going to stand a chance against the wrx....even stock
    Thats a pretty bold statement. I was very surprised at the amount of power the hondata tune put out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    Thats a pretty bold statement. I was very surprised at the amount of power the hondata tune put out.
    still not enough to pick up the second between the two cars

Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    the tune can only go as far as the supporting mods, not surpass them safely.
    How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

i'd say there's no chance...if stage two could snatch a evo8..a bolt on k20 is no prob..swapped..ehhh..different story.
    poetik002

Please use appropiate language when you describe a car.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 10-26-2008 at 06:01 AM.

it was a mugen si

lol enough Honda talk civics are teh slow Civic<WRX
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Roll or dig The Rex wins.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

as an owner of an '08 Si coupe (fg2), i can tell you that from a dig the rex will toast the Si. from a roll might be pretty close, i've honestly never raced a WRX (not that i condone racing). realistically, an Si with I/H/E and a reflash should put down around 210-220hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Yeah but that's only gonna give the Honda ~200whp. A stage 2 WRX is up around 220-230whp, protuned closer to 250.
    I almost purchased a Si sedan over a wrx, but low capital took care of that. 06 and 07 Si's make just under 190whp BONE STOCK! So an 08 with no freakin miles would probably mimic that if not a pony better. Just a Skunk2 catback and a decent intake make nearly 200whp. Plus you have to consider the Si's weigh like 400 lbs. lighter and have 6 speeds with LSD's (I forgot if this was against a wrx or STi). I'm not saying the Si would own but driver skill would greatly determine the winner on that one.

....but! awd is great!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by formerHonda View Post
    I almost purchased a Si sedan over a wrx, but low capital took care of that. 06 and 07 Si's make just under 190whp BONE STOCK! So an 08 with no freakin miles would probably mimic that if not a pony better. Just a Skunk2 catback and a decent intake make nearly 200whp. Plus you have to consider the Si's weigh like 400 lbs. lighter and have 6 speeds with LSD's (I forgot if this was against a wrx or STi). I'm not saying the Si would own but driver skill would greatly determine the winner on that one.

....but! awd is great!!
    theres a video of an si on streetfire.net with intake header exhaust and hondata putting down 200whp on the dyno... lol...I traded in my 07 civic si, but before I did I raced my brother in laws speed3. I had an injen cai, he was stock, and he had to let off the gas twice to keep from rear ending me. speed 3 and wrx are very close stock. si is darn slow
    Last edited by chrisp; 10-28-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast