Subaru WRX Forum banner

07 WRX TR vs 08 335xi

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  IECaliwrx 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would elaborate more from the other thread:

Yesterday, I was driving in Mexico on a taco run, when I ran into a stock 08 335xi. I could tell it was a 335xi, because it had dual exhaust tips and said "335xi" on the back :tongue:.

We both hit a light, on a double lane, left hand turn. Me in the left lane, the Bimmer in the right. I looked over and the guy gives me this sarcastic sneer, as if to say "BMW, baby. Your Jap car can't handle it..."

I didn't necessarily think anything was going to happen :rolleyes:

The light turned green and we both started our turns.

I was shifting casually from 1st to 2nd, when I thought to myself, "Self. If this guy did want to try to show some muscle, this is a great time for me." 2nd gear roll is awesome in my car.

As soon as I thought that, the 335xi starts to rocket past me. I immediately stopped his pull and reeled him in. As I shifted to 3rd, I was even and started to pull away by a CL. Then shifted to 4th and extended the lead some more.

I looked over expecting him to try out his topend, but he was now 5-8 CL back so I shut it down. Guess he quit when it was obvious that I was past him to stay. Besides, I didn't want to go over the speed limit :redface:

We hit the next light side-by-side and he wouldn't even look at me. He was probably trying to figure out how a Subaru beat his superior German engineering (sarcasm...:p).

I was going to say something like "Should have bought the M3..." or "Better get some mods...", but I thought better of it.

So, the light turned green and we both accelerated normally and went our seperate ways.

This was the first real test since my protune and the car felt great. I'm sure if the 335xi was modded it would have been a different story.

Anyway, Mexico was out of tacos, so I went home...

See less See more
#2 ·
sweet.

#4 ·
Is this not the same BMW that is rated at 300bhp, but dynoing at 300whp?

I've been doing some research and these cars are getting close to 360whp+ w/ nothing more than a tune.

#10 ·
So a car that supposedly kicks the ass of a stock STI is not a challenge for a modded WRX?

Either way, it wasn't like I came across a poser car.

BTW, I stated pretty clearly a modded 335 would be a different story.

#15 ·
Well, i don't know how modded your WRX is. Your sig says your mods outgrew it, so for all I know you're putting down enough power that your car can eat STi's for breakfast.

You also don't know how hard he tried. Maybe he didn't put his all into it because he didn't want to risk losing a very nice car because of something dumb like a street race.

#9 ·
Grande victoria della WRX (for those italian minded).

#19 ·
i ve driven a stock 335 rear wheel... was very impressed how it pulled up top compared to my then stock EVO IX...

Vishnu has his cars running High 11's with just a tune and exhaust

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.