07 WRX TR vs 08 335xi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 07 WRX TR vs 08 335xi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jaqattack02 You also don't know how hard he tried. Maybe he didn't put his all into it ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02 View Post
    You also don't know how hard he tried. Maybe he didn't put his all into it because he didn't want to risk losing a very nice car because of something dumb like a street race.
    I think that a lot of this goes on. Honestly, I think we get a lot of reports here from fairly young fellows, flogging their WRX or STI for all it's worth to get "the victory" versus an older dude, who's paid a few more repair bills/tickets/insurance premiums, and is only half-heartedly trying. It's impossible to know, of course..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, i don't know how modded your WRX is. Your sig says your mods outgrew it, so for all I know you're putting down enough power that your car can eat STi's for breakfast.
    They just added a search feature to this forum. Might want to try it (and to my STi brothers/sisters, I would never compare my car to yours)

You also don't know how hard he tried. Maybe he didn't put his all into it because he didn't want to risk losing a very nice car because of something dumb like a street race.
    Who said I was racing either?

It was just a short little burst, nothing more... I'm too old (and not rich enough) for that thrashing and trashing stuff.
    Last edited by Pavia; 06-22-2008 at 06:24 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    It was just a short little burst, nothing more... I'm too old (and not rich enough) for that thrashing and trashing stuff.
    Yeah right, you know you're only 17 and your parents bought you your WRX 2 weeks ago

i ve driven a stock 335 rear wheel... was very impressed how it pulled up top compared to my then stock EVO IX...

Vishnu has his cars running High 11's with just a tune and exhaust
    2006 RR EVO IX GSr, AMS 3" HFC TBE,Painted Black and Cut to Fit JDM Bumper,Hallman Pro Boost Controller (24 Psi),AMS Cone Intake,JDM rear Bumper with EDM Badging, 312WHP and 291WTQ @ 24PSI
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L Motorsports

Well, i don't know how modded your WRX is. Your sig says your mods outgrew it, so for all I know you're putting down enough power that your car can eat STi's for breakfast.

Exactly..... I have a 2004 WRX with uppipe/downpipe, Borla Hush catback, lightened pulleys bla bla and I had an encounter with a 335xi. We were both lined up at a light on a 2 lane onramp to go on a highway. The 335xi's lane ended down the road a ways and the road curved to the left. I didn't know if the 335xi was going to get on it, so we both went into 2nd gear and seemed to nail it around the corner at the same time. I thought for sure with the curve and hitting the sweet spot in 2nd that I would have left him behind some. Nope, I was only able to hold him off in 2nd. Once I shifted into 3rd, the 335xi was walking away. If you beat a 335xi with a standard WRX either your WRX is seriously modified or the BMW was not trying to race you.
    2004 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by 2004SilverWRX View Post
    Exactly..... I have a 2004 WRX with uppipe/downpipe, Borla Hush catback, lightened pulleys bla bla and I had an encounter with a 335xi. We were both lined up at a light on a 2 lane onramp to go on a highway. The 335xi's lane ended down the road a ways and the road curved to the left. I didn't know if the 335xi was going to get on it, so we both went into 2nd gear and seemed to nail it around the corner at the same time. I thought for sure with the curve and hitting the sweet spot in 2nd that I would have left him behind some. Nope, I was only able to hold him off in 2nd. Once I shifted into 3rd, the 335xi was walking away. If you beat a 335xi with a standard WRX either your WRX is seriously modified or the BMW was not trying to race you.
    Right. The WRX was modded (315whp/334wtq), he was definitely racing (I know what WOT sounds like), and we didn't race to the top-end.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Right. The WRX was modded (315whp/334wtq), he was definitely racing (I know what WOT sounds like), and we didn't race to the top-end.

Funny.... I could hear nothing buy MY engine/turbo in my encounter with a 335. The BMW silently crept by me.
    2004 WRX

Thats more then enough power to beat a 335. I have to agree with them it is pretty silent though I have two co-workers with them and wide open throttle is not loud. I ran my friend and kept a car on him to 80 and I could not even hear his car over mine, but he is not the best driver; and we agreed that his car was faster he just suck at driving.. I don't see how anyone could call BS with the power you are running with though.
    Last edited by IECaliwrx; 07-12-2008 at 12:25 AM.
    TDC stg. 04 WrX Wagone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.