08 Sedan Vs. G37
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 Sedan Vs. G37 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeahhh... long story short... A G37 pulled up next to me at a light (at the time I thought it ...

08 Sedan Vs. G37

Yeahhh... long story short... A G37 pulled up next to me at a light (at the time I thought it was a G35) . I wasn't planning on gunning it so I started to take off normally. The guy takes off from the light like a bat out of hell and I try to get on it to chase him down.... Basically he left me in his dust and had like 7-8 lengths on me and he was still pulling away from me. He made a right at the next light (at which point I noticed it was a G37)... But damnnnn, I'm a tech for nissan and I drive 350Z's and G35's all day long and they're nowhere near as fast as that thing was!!!! Kudos Nissan... Kudos! Just cant wail till we start to get the GTR's rollin in!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The G37 has some balls to it.
    No shame in losing to an motor that is engineered like that one was.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Not to mention how sexy the g37 is...

Quote Originally Posted by 08SubieWrx View Post
    Yeahhh... long story short... A G37 pulled up next to me at a light (at the time I thought it was a G35) . I wasn't planning on gunning it so I started to take off normally. The guy takes off from the light like a bat out of hell and I try to get on it to chase him down.... Basically he left me in his dust and had like 7-8 lengths on me and he was still pulling away from me. He made a right at the next light (at which point I noticed it was a G37)... But damnnnn, I'm a tech for nissan and I drive 350Z's and G35's all day long and they're nowhere near as fast as that thing was!!!! Kudos Nissan... Kudos! Just cant wail till we start to get the GTR's rollin in!!!
    well, I have 2007 with the HR. I bet you are familiar with it. After getting the technosquare reflash , test pipes and exhaust installed , the car completely changed. I have no issues with g37's. A friend has a G37s. When i was stock, i was able to pull him with a 1 CL on a 1/4 mile run. But, you dont know what the G37 has done to it. The new motors get easily to 300whp with couple of tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    well, I have 2007 with the HR. I bet you are familiar with it. After getting the technosquare reflash , test pipes and exhaust installed , the car completely changed. I have no issues with g37's. A friend has a G37s. When i was stock, i was able to pull him with a 1 CL on a 1/4 mile run. But, you dont know what the G37 has done to it. The new motors get easily to 300whp with couple of tweaks.

The one I ran had a paper tag in the window so it looks like it was straight off the lot. I have a friend who had a 06' 4dr G and I pulled him no problem. The 2dr's are a whole different animal but I figured i'd still hang with it. This G37 seemed faster than the G35's but maybe it was just my driving... I did't launch, or even try to keep up once he took off.... Lol either way, I love both cars and they have soo much potential! I could have gotten a sweet deal on one but I really wanted AWD...

Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    you dont know what the G37 has done to it. The new motors get easily to 300whp with couple of tweaks.
    I would imagine that a stock G37 is close to 300whp already w/ 330 crank. HR 350zs put down 260-270whp from what I understand.

This G37 seemed faster than the G35's but maybe it was just my driving...
    thats because they are faster...
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I Support ClubWRX
    I would love a G37 sedan with a 6-speed. Perfect daily driver.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    I would imagine that a stock G37 is [U]close to 300whp already w/ 330 crank.[/U] HR 350zs put down 260-270whp from what I understand.

thats because they are faster...
    actually here is the sad part, they are overrated. The best #'s a g37 i have seen to put were 281whp/234wtq. However, a 07+ Z puts down anywhere from 265 to 275 whp and 235 to 245 wtq.

The one I ran had a paper tag in the window so it looks like it was straight off the lot. I have a friend who had a 06' 4dr G and I pulled him no problem. The 2dr's are a whole different animal but I figured i'd still hang with it. This G37 seemed faster than the G35's but maybe it was just my driving... I did't launch, or even try to keep up once he took off.... Lol either way, I love both cars and they have soo much potential! I could have gotten a sweet deal on one but I really wanted AWD...
    the 07 G35 gets the same motor as the 350Z. Anything prior to that has the old motor, which is kinda weak sauce. If you do research you would find out that 07+ G35 is as fast as the G37.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    there is no G37 sedan, and it will never be. They are even reluctant to release a convertible

A G37 Sedan 6spd would basically be the G35-S 6spd.

G37 is coupe only and the motor is not too different from the S-model motor in the G35.

I would really like to see Nissan put out a G sedan that is as small/light as the G35 but stick that little V8 in there mated to a close ratio 6spd.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    I would imagine that a stock G37 is close to 300whp already w/ 330 crank. HR 350zs put down 260-270whp from what I understand.
    are you saying this car only looses 10% of the power from crank to wheels

weird cuz last time i checked awd and rwd vehicles loose about 20% and fwd loose about 10 to 15%
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    are you saying this car only looses 10% of the power from crank to wheels

weird cuz last time i checked awd and rwd vehicles loose about 20% and fwd loose about 10 to 15%
    You can't really go off of blanket statistics like that anymore these days.

2.0L WRX's lost upwards of 25%.
    2.5L WRX's only lose ~ 15%.
    LS1 Fbodies lost about 5% and in cases with the 00/01 often didn't lose any.
    While basically the same motor in the vette was losing 15% in accordance to crank hp.

I could go and on. Point is, the dyno does the talking. Crank hp doesn't mean jack nowadays. It could be damn near equal (or in the case of the F4st3r SRT4 whp is more than crank), or there can be 25% loses on some cars; be it awd, fwd, rwd, etc...

I don't even look at crank hp anymore in magazines... I go straight for the performance times or look at the ratio of whp versus weight of the vehicle and drivetrain it uses. Those are real indicators.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    You can't really go off of blanket statistics like that anymore these days.

2.0L WRX's lost upwards of 25%.
    2.5L WRX's only lose ~ 15%.
    LS1 Fbodies lost about 5% and in cases with the 00/01 often didn't lose any.
    While basically the same motor in the vette was losing 15% in accordance to crank hp.

I could go and on. Point is, the dyno does the talking. Crank hp doesn't mean jack nowadays. It could be damn near equal (or in the case of the F4st3r SRT4 whp is more than crank), or there can be 25% loses on some cars; be it awd, fwd, rwd, etc...

I don't even look at crank hp anymore in magazines... I go straight for the performance times or look at the ratio of whp versus weight of the vehicle and drivetrain it uses. Those are real indicators.
    The only variable here is the stated vs. actual horsepower. It's not as if the 2.5L had a less friction-ey drivetrain compared to the 2.0L WRX. Just as the LS1s lost plenty of power to the wheels - it's just that the stated horsepower was less than actual crank power.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    The only variable here is the stated vs. actual horsepower. It's not as if the 2.5L had a less friction-ey drivetrain compared to the 2.0L WRX. Just as the LS1s lost plenty of power to the wheels - it's just that the stated horsepower was less than actual crank power.
    Thank you. The ME in me was offended at the thought of a loadless drivetrain. Perpetual motion machines, here we come!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.