08 Sedan Vs. G37 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 08 Sedan Vs. G37 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Thank you. The ME in me was offended at the thought of a loadless drivetrain. Perpetual ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Thank you. The ME in me was offended at the thought of a loadless drivetrain. Perpetual motion machines, here we come!
    I bite my thumb at your "physics".
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I bite my thumb at your "physics".
    S'okay. I bite my thumb at physicians.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

One of my Ex's had a 03 g35 coup auto, We took it to the track and it ran a 14 flat at 100 mph that was just stepping on and going, no auto stick or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    The only variable here is the stated vs. actual horsepower. It's not as if the 2.5L had a less friction-ey drivetrain compared to the 2.0L WRX. Just as the LS1s lost plenty of power to the wheels - it's just that the stated horsepower was less than actual crank power.
    I wasn't by any means attempting to state that that a "less friction-ey drivetrain" exists within the 2.5L wrx's or LS1, etc...
    You seem to have misunderstood.

My point was that percentage based loses (regardless of drivetrain) don't mean crap BECAUSE crank horsepower is stated without much correlation to standard percentage losses based on the drivetrain.

Some companies will underrate their cars, others will overrate them (based on chp). So using blanket-statistic losses based on a certain type of drivetrain isn't nearly as accurate as it once was. The cars I mentioned are simply examples of this.

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Thank you. The ME in me was offended at the thought of a loadless drivetrain. Perpetual motion machines, here we come!
    Please refer yourself to my post on Dave's quote; for you also misunderstood me.

Percentage of loss was based on correlative numbers BETWEEN chp and whp.... it has to do with chp not meaning a whole lot now in terms of indentifying/calculating actual whp (particularly in regard to assumed percentages of drivetrain loss [percentages provided by rr1911])

I am offended that you would think I am that stupid
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Please refer yourself to my post on Dave's quote; for you also misunderstood me.

Percentage of loss was based on correlative numbers BETWEEN chp and whp.... it has to do with chp not meaning a whole lot now in terms of indentifying/calculating actual whp (particularly in regard to assumed percentages of drivetrain loss [percentages provided by rr1911])

I am offended that you would think I am that stupid
    A bmw owner tried to explain me the drive train loss, he stated " i have only 10% drive train loss, due to the fact that my wheels are bigger". hahaha,

Realistically G37 has 15% drive train loss. However, the whole issue is that they have overrated the car. The 2007 + 350Z gets easily 270 - 275 whp, which is the equivalent of 11% loss.

My 350z is a 2005 and has the 287hp/274tq engine. A coworker of mine has a G35 with the 300hp/260tq engine. We've traded keys and gone for drives, we both agree my car is faster down low. His is faster up high. Though for real world driving, mine will pull on his all day long. Once you start exceeding the speed limit, then his car has the advantage.

I'm sure the extra weight of his car doesn't help. I've got the stock 17"s and I believe he's on the stock 19"s.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I wasn't by any means attempting to state that that a "less friction-ey drivetrain" exists within the 2.5L wrx's or LS1, etc...
    You seem to have misunderstood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot in Mouth Donnie
    LS1 Fbodies lost about 5% and in cases with the 00/01 often didn't lose any.
    We were just going off of what you said.^^^
    I took it for granted that you knew the reality...just havin' fun with ya.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12