Subaru WRX Forum banner

08 Sedan Vs. G37

8K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  RayfieldsWRX 
#1 ·
Yeahhh... long story short... A G37 pulled up next to me at a light (at the time I thought it was a G35) . I wasn't planning on gunning it so I started to take off normally. The guy takes off from the light like a bat out of hell and I try to get on it to chase him down.... Basically he left me in his dust and had like 7-8 lengths on me and he was still pulling away from me. He made a right at the next light (at which point I noticed it was a G37)... But damnnnn, I'm a tech for nissan and I drive 350Z's and G35's all day long and they're nowhere near as fast as that thing was!!!! Kudos Nissan... Kudos! Just cant wail till we start to get the GTR's rollin in!!!

#4 ·
well, I have 2007 with the HR. I bet you are familiar with it. After getting the technosquare reflash , test pipes and exhaust installed , the car completely changed. I have no issues with g37's. A friend has a G37s. When i was stock, i was able to pull him with a 1 CL on a 1/4 mile run. But, you dont know what the G37 has done to it. The new motors get easily to 300whp with couple of tweaks.

#5 ·
The one I ran had a paper tag in the window so it looks like it was straight off the lot. I have a friend who had a 06' 4dr G and I pulled him no problem. The 2dr's are a whole different animal but I figured i'd still hang with it. This G37 seemed faster than the G35's but maybe it was just my driving... I did't launch, or even try to keep up once he took off.... Lol either way, I love both cars and they have soo much potential! I could have gotten a sweet deal on one but I really wanted AWD...

#22 ·
My 350z is a 2005 and has the 287hp/274tq engine. A coworker of mine has a G35 with the 300hp/260tq engine. We've traded keys and gone for drives, we both agree my car is faster down low. His is faster up high. Though for real world driving, mine will pull on his all day long. Once you start exceeding the speed limit, then his car has the advantage.

I'm sure the extra weight of his car doesn't help. I've got the stock 17"s and I believe he's on the stock 19"s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.