04 WRX 4EAT vs. 08 tiburon SE V6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX 4EAT vs. 08 tiburon SE V6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ya it is pretty laggy stock unless you brake launch is pretty hard. Swapping to a catless uppipe and going ...

ya it is pretty laggy stock unless you brake launch is pretty hard. Swapping to a catless uppipe and going stage 2 cuts down on that SIGNIFICANTLY though.

Anyone have any good ideas as to how to remove further lag? (besides swapping TC's) So far i think the big factors are

-catless uppipe
    -catless downpipe with stage 2 tune

i think it might help marginally when you get an aftermarket TMIC with less pressure drop. At least it FELT like it did for me. Im hoping to see full boost just under 3,000 RPM. We shall see.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    ya it is pretty laggy stock unless you brake launch is pretty hard. Swapping to a catless uppipe and going stage 2 cuts down on that SIGNIFICANTLY though.

Anyone have any good ideas as to how to remove further lag? (besides swapping TC's) So far i think the big factors are

-catless uppipe
    -catless downpipe with stage 2 tune

i think it might help marginally when you get an aftermarket TMIC with less pressure drop. At least it FELT like it did for me. Im hoping to see full boost just under 3,000 RPM. We shall see.....
    Hmm...I'm finding it very hard to believe that stock WRX's are considered laggy, lol. To each his own I guess.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

We aren't just talking about stock WRX's here, we are talking about the automatic version in particular. With the manual you can raise the rpms to over come this but with the auto you are forced to wait while the auto tranny raises the rpms. Even with the manual you can see how laggy the stock wrx is if you get the car barely rolling in first and then try to floor it. It takes time for it to spool and for the rpms to get up to 3k. Once you hit 3k then the car really takes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    Hmm...I'm finding it very hard to believe that stock WRX's are considered laggy, lol. To each his own I guess.
    Also we're talking about the 2.0L. The 2.5L motor would help spool down low quite a bit. Basically there is no power below 3k RPM with a stock 2.0L. Manual or auto.

The stock turbo is small but its not THAT small (when used with a 2.0L displacement). I mean ive seen guys hitting 240 WHP with the stocker.....i would consider that to be good compromise of power and quick spool. It all depends on how you like to drive i suppose.....

Um....ya im pretty sure a TMIC and a catless uppipe are not going to blow up my car. I think you have no idea what you are talking about. The factory O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold has the ability to learn and adjust the fuel curve for minor modifications. (keep in mind this inst enough to compensate for things such as an MBC)

Again an up pipe will not lean ANYTHING out. It will just help spool up. How would taking out a Catalytic converter lean out the air/fuel further upstream in the engine? especially when the O2 levels are being measure before the exhaust gases even reach the converter?

im not ADDING boost. Im just cooling down the boost i already have a bit better. Just putting a TMIC MIGHT make me just a fraction of a percentage leaner, but nothing dangerous. If anything its a great thing to help keep the ECU from pulling timing. The only thing its doing is preventing me from getting heatsoak as quickly. I live in Nebraska where the summers are hot and i need a better cooling method. Proud to say it WORKS! very well actually. And jetting a spray of CO2 onto that sucker after sitting idling for a while removes any heat soak that did occur.
    Kudos to you

Is there a race here?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
    We aren't just talking about stock WRX's here, we are talking about the automatic version in particular. With the manual you can raise the rpms to over come this but with the auto you are forced to wait while the auto tranny raises the rpms. Even with the manual you can see how laggy the stock wrx is if you get the car barely rolling in first and then try to floor it. It takes time for it to spool and for the rpms to get up to 3k. Once you hit 3k then the car really takes off.
    Stock Automatic WRX's dont have a Stall Convertor....I can rev my little sentra up to 2500 rpms and just let off the brake and go...granted i dont because after about 2100 theres too much wheel hop to even be fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DstrbdTech View Post
    Stock Automatic WRX's dont have a Stall Convertor....I can rev my little sentra up to 2500 rpms and just let off the brake and go...granted i dont because after about 2100 theres too much wheel hop to even be fast.
    They do have a torqe converter and it stalls at 3200 rpm. If the car is not heat soaked and is running cat less it will get to stall speed in about 4 seconds and launch with full boost, Its not as hard as a good manual launch but it will consistently pull a high 1.9 sec 60 foot.

Hurry up and race.
    Bugeye Mafia #185
    Blobeye Syndicate #38
    San Remo Alliance............#002

Hurry up and race.
    lol. I know. Will try and get a vid if it happens.

I did get stomped on by a full JDM swap integra boosting 12psi two nights ago. from a 30 roll he had me by 3 car lengths to 75.....

We stopped and chatted for a while. Really well put together car he had. Not ricey at all IMO. He doesnt hit boost till 5,500 RPM, but his motor doesnt redline till 9k.....so he still has a good power band. He said with drag radials and race gas he runs a 12.9 at the track and i believe him. But with street tires and pump gas he runs mid 13's i think.

wait wait, i saw in here UPPIPE= BOOM?
    SO if i get an aftermarket no cat uppipe with my AP i could go BOOM?
    F that trash

Quote Originally Posted by spike93 View Post
    wait wait, i saw in here UPPIPE= BOOM?
    SO if i get an aftermarket no cat uppipe with my AP i could go BOOM?
    F that trash
    Why dont you re-read the thread. Your fine. Even without the AP your fine. Relax....

Why dont you re-read the thread. Your fine. Even without the AP your fine. Relax....
    gotcha, cause i will be getting both of those soon, i'm not looking to be way fast i just want a little faster spool up time and maybe a little more power which the AP can give me. Right?

And when is this race going down?

oh ya! With the uppipe and AP stage 1 you'll def see spool earlier. You should think about dropping around 150$ more for a ebay downpipe and go stage 2. THEN you'll have some seriously earlier spool times. Like right now i see full boost at like 2900 RPM vs 3800RPM stock (for me anyway).

Not only that but im now getting 4 mpg better. Granted im an auto...so tough to compare.

Im not sure the race is gonna happen. Im working at a different job now, and i havent seen the guy for a while. So who knows.

BTW Spike93, are there any good AWD dynos up around your neck of the woods?

Failure ensues.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Failure ensues.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast