$$$ on the line, STi vs M5 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on $$$ on the line, STi vs M5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Eh, that's alright. I'll just assume you're wrong. Of course! Nah.. my comment you referenced ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Eh, that's alright. I'll just assume you're wrong.
    Of course!

Nah.. my comment you referenced wasn't for stock WRX vs 335xi. It was an outside ref to a run in I had that day with a 335xi (and, yeah, I am way from stock )

Peace out...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When my car was protuned Stage II plus a few extra mods (just intake and header), I was able to take down one of those M5's by a few cars. We raced from down low (not a dig), so I can't say it was all launch; however, if we would have gone any faster than we did (up to 90ish), I would have gotten destroyed. Just drive as perfectly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Check out the "07 WRX TR vs 335xi" thread for further clarification...
    I can tell you that it would take one helluva WRX to compare to a 335. I own a 335 and it is much faster than a WRX and probably faster than an STi. They have similar weights and the 335 has a better drivetrain and more hp and tq. With exhaust and em 335's are putting down close to 400 whp. How are you going to **** with that?

I Support ClubWRX
    When I put a Viper engine in my Ford Ranger, modded to 800hp, it'll be awesome! Who's gonna **** with that?!?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    ugghh.
    Also, Ray you know you need at LEAST 1,000 hp to be competitive in todays modded Ranger market..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    ugghh.
    Also, Ray you know you need at LEAST 1,000 hp to be competitive in todays modded Ranger market..
    nono..iz also got teh fuel saver magnetic ftw!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    nono..iz also got teh fuel saver magnetic ftw!
    Well, why didn't you say so?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ted dibiase View Post
    I can tell you that it would take one helluva WRX to compare to a 335. I own a 335 and it is much faster than a WRX and probably faster than an STi. They have similar weights and the 335 has a better drivetrain and more hp and tq. With exhaust and em 335's are putting down close to 400 whp. How are you going to **** with that?
    It was a stock 335 (xi), not modded. I'm putting down 315whp/334wtq (thats a bit more than the stock 335's 300bhp). And it proved to be the case in action. That's how a modded WRX could do that...

And how I'm I going to **** with a modded 335? Easy, that's what I have the Goat for...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by kgelster View Post
    Am I the only one here who's actually driven an M5? The M5 weighs nearly 1,000lbs more, has a loose clutch and shifter, and is geared for absurd top-end.
    Race him from a dig, launch your car from 4k, keep it under 100.
    i use to own 1... i learned to drive in a m5
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Despite everything above, the M5 will still put down mid 13's EASILY, and good drivers have pushed it into the high 12's. Granted, the STI is capable of similar feats, but the M5 traps more than 5mph higher. Point is, given drivers of remotely similar skill, the M5 is likely to take the win.
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I have this debate in my head, too. It would be nice if there were more Japanese super-sedans. Infiniti needs to put their new V8 in the G sedan with a 6-speed manual. It would make me not want a German equivalent as much. I'm spoiled by Subaru reliability and I think I'd be upset if my German beauty needed constant dealership attention.
    agreed
    I can tell you the 335xi wouldn't cut it against a Subie...
    bull**** i raced 1 on the highway and it was pretty fast
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    A stock 335i will beat up most modified WRXs pretty bad and take on an STI quite easily. They're a blast to drive, as well - very refined and comfortable, yet fun. The xi, I assume, is just a little slower.

EDIT: people have 335i's in the 11's @115+ mph with CAI, exhaust, and engine management on drag radials. Holy frijoles.
    + 1
    Of course!

Nah.. my comment you referenced wasn't for stock WRX vs 335xi. It was an outside ref to a run in I had that day with a 335xi (and, yeah, I am way from stock )
    what kind of hp are you putting down ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    When I put a Viper engine in my Ford Ranger, modded to 800hp, it'll be awesome! Who's gonna **** with that?!?
    my f16 yo
    It was a stock 335 (xi), not modded. I'm putting down 315whp/334wtq (thats a bit more than the stock 335's 300bhp). And it proved to be the case in action. That's how a modded WRX could do that...

And how I'm I going to **** with a modded 335? Easy, that's what I have the Goat for...
    315whp that aint ****

the goat that aint **** either

here is a little reading for you 303whp STi vs. 335xi
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    i use to own 1... i learned to drive in a m5
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    here is a little reading for you 303whp STi vs. 335xi
    "Eh, that's alright. I'll just assume you're wrong."
    Last edited by Pavia; 07-09-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345