car finally made it to the dyno... kinda - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on car finally made it to the dyno... kinda within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Geese1 BTW, I noticed in the bookstore the other week that Grassroots Motorsports had a big write-up ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    BTW, I noticed in the bookstore the other week that Grassroots Motorsports had a big write-up on the SRT-4, if anyone's interested.
    not so much..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post

Ended up getting a 3rd generation Eclipse GS, believe it or not. Kind of weird, but he's happy, so that's all that matters I guess. He said if he can get it up to around 250whp or so he'll be satisfied.
    Awesome. There's not enough 3rd gen Eclipse GS's on the road trying to be fast...
    Last edited by Pavia; 06-24-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Awesome. There's not enough 3rd gen Eclipse GS's on the road trying to be fast...

One point in his favor is he doesn't appear to be into the whole "appearance over performance" camp so there's hope that he'll do it right.

Still not what I would have chosen, but eh; not my money.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

I Support ClubWRX
    I used to want a 1G (post-90) GSX/TSI, but never gave in.. MY buddy has 3 '91 GVR4s, and I think one of them runs. I can't recall 2 running, simultaneously.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I'd still love to own a late model 2nd Gen Eclipse GSX. Fantastic looking car (IMO), 4G63 motor, AWD, turbo, EXTREMELY mod friendly...

I realize they might not be the most... reliable... cars on the road today, but that doesn't stop me from wanting one.

Luckily I've had zero problems with the Evo since I got it back in April of '06.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

the car had its first kill in a long time last night. and cannibalism is good! i took the ride out to the local cruise spot to see who was out. but with a 60% chance of severe thunderstorms i didn't expect to see much. so i get there make a lap around the usual spots. and i catch a pair of nsrt4s pulling out of a car wash. so i follow. and about 3 miles later the road clears and the 2 guys in front go for a spirited drive you could say from 40ish. both seem to be fairly quick to the point where my delayed reaction to give chase had me at full throttle for awhile to catch up. but i did have to let off to avoid running the 2 of them over.

we all pull over at a mc'ds and shoot the bs for awhile. i find out that both of them are big turbo cars. a silver one is a built bottom end,stock head with a gt40 turbo at 17psi on pump. it is slightly slower then the red one next to it that is a stock motor,60trim 24psi pump gas car. both are tuned with a DTEC/gameboy. the silver one asks the red one to race me (i forget the guys names shortly after meeting them) i said sure but my turbo is really laggy from 40 and there is a great chance it'll break up around 6k. (it happens 1/10 times were still working on that) he said no problem just take off whenever you want and i'll give chase. sounds cool enough.

so we lined up at 40, he started the beep-off on the first one i floor it... he waits for the 2 more and hits it. while im still waiting on mine to come alive. (started at 3100 and have wait till 4200) i hear his come on boost and he starts to go around me. then mine comes alive. somehow the stars align and the thing pulls strait to 7500, i shift into 3rd and it stays together again and i drive around him like it was nothing. we exchanged props and went our separate ways. after two years getting back in the game was great and what a rush.

cliff notes - raced 2 big turbo nsrts on pump gas and walked all over both of them on low boost.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.