car finally made it to the dyno... kinda - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on car finally made it to the dyno... kinda within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; tuner shop dropped on a pair of there slicks and took it back. worked on the race fuel map only ...

tuner shop dropped on a pair of there slicks and took it back. worked on the race fuel map only and after some trial and error getting slicks to hook up on the rollers it did 605@33psi
    i go pick it up tomorrow morning and should have the graphs up in a day or so. i can't wait to go kill some super cars! i want to get FRMAROL for a license plate or maybe VIPRKLR
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WOW wat turbo r you running, on ur car? good luck on trying to launch that car. wow that would be hard without breaking ur axle, and ur clutch isnt slipping with all that power.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    WOW wat turbo r you running, on ur car? good luck on trying to launch that car. wow that would be hard without breaking ur axle, and ur clutch isnt slipping with all that power.

turbonetics hp61 .63a/r i'm running 26x8.5 slicks to start and i might go up to 26x10. stock axles do very well if you operate the car properly. the clutch is a clutchmaster fx700 twindisk rated for 700hp.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    that sounds like one wikked dodge...!
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    update. the car went back again last night. no problems this time other than spinning the tires on the dyno. which are 26X9 inch drag radials. the car was on a new mustang dyno so coupled with that the numbers arn't that great. the rest will need to be done at the track. but it made 428@19psi on pump but to much knock due to the car spinning and hoping on the dyno stopped that. and 487@24psi on race fuel then then it was just spinning off the tires. so it has tons more its just not made to race a dyno i guess. but another 13-15psi should give me the low 600s i was looking for. thats on a mustang dyno so on a dynojet it'll be 650's pretty easily. i want to go back to the dyno on my drag slicks and try again later. it should hit the track in a few weeks once i get the hang of driving it which should be fun.
    What modifications are you running that your car can support 30 pounds of boost + ?
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    What modifications are you running that your car can support 30 pounds of boost + ?
    A CAI.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    A CAI.
    it's not one of those front mounted cai's is it? those things are sweeeeet! ha

Dude your nuts,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    update. the car went back again last night. no problems this time other than spinning the tires on the dyno. which are 26X9 inch drag radials. the car was on a new mustang dyno so coupled with that the numbers arn't that great. the rest will need to be done at the track. but it made 428@19psi on pump but to much knock due to the car spinning and hoping on the dyno stopped that. and 487@24psi on race fuel then then it was just spinning off the tires. so it has tons more its just not made to race a dyno i guess. but another 13-15psi should give me the low 600s i was looking for. thats on a mustang dyno so on a dynojet it'll be 650's pretty easily. i want to go back to the dyno on my drag slicks and try again later. it should hit the track in a few weeks once i get the hang of driving it which should be fun.

A friend of mine ran a 400whp eclipse (front wheel drive) at the track with normal wheels...ran 13.5

He said if he had traction he would have done a lot better. His old 16G turbo got better numbers.

He's trying to sell his car now...because he said it's not worth having 400whp on a front wheel drive car unless slicks become legal.

Still...nice numbers...put 400whp on a wrx/sti......
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

and with a ****ty driver you still have a 13 second car, or a broken five speed.

look up what fadiwrx did at the track with his fp greened STi.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post

pretty much built everything.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

This a trailer car? You don't drive it on the street do you? I'm going to Lancaster next month. If I see a blue SRT4, I'm running the other way!

Good numbers!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    This a trailer car? You don't drive it on the street do you? I'm going to Lancaster next month. If I see a blue SRT4, I'm running the other way!

Good numbers!
    drove it to and from work 45min today.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Thats sick dude! Congrats on breaking 600ponies.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Congrats!

Guy I work with had an opportunity to buy an '04 SRT-4, but he was worried about what kind of shape it was in. Looks good, but he'd heard horror stories on how the previous owner dogged it.

Ended up getting a 3rd generation Eclipse GS, believe it or not. Kind of weird, but he's happy, so that's all that matters I guess. He said if he can get it up to around 250whp or so he'll be satisfied.

BTW, I noticed in the bookstore the other week that Grassroots Motorsports had a big write-up on the SRT-4, if anyone's interested.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.