WRX vs. WRX STi - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on WRX vs. WRX STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by tehrhorn So guys, help me out here... I have about a 000 signing bonus with the air ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tehrhorn View Post
    So guys, help me out here... I have about a $25000 signing bonus with the air force that im wanting to put into a car. my dad has had a 2002 wrx and I have fallen in love with subies ever since he got it. what would you suggest getting with about 30 grand? a newer sti? or an older subie with a swap? I have no idea. I just want something fast...
    Not sure what your job is going to be that gives 25k enlistment bonus. But after they tax the crap out of it you're only going to get about 18k out of it. And you don't get that up front. You will get half and the other half over the course of your first enlistment. So you'll get about 9k to spend on a car. These bonuses are sneaky devices to get you to sign your life away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If it's an overseas (AEF site) re-enlistment, it's non-taxable. Otherwise, yeah, they're going to tax the crap out of that, and it will be a split distribution. Are you active, reserve, or ANG?
    Last edited by McGizzle; 01-02-2009 at 09:04 AM.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tehrhorn View Post
    So guys, help me out here... I have about a $25000 signing bonus with the air force that im wanting to put into a car. my dad has had a 2002 wrx and I have fallen in love with subies ever since he got it. what would you suggest getting with about 30 grand? a newer sti? or an older subie with a swap? I have no idea. I just want something fast...
    I would say go for a used 06-07 sti. Maybe that is just becuase I am addicted to the hawkeye

Really though I wish I had originally bought an sti, so If you can get on in your price range then save some of the money for insurance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.