WRX vs. WRX STi - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. WRX STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by be1ieve1111 That explains those involuntary right turns when you open that throttle up. I know, right! My ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by be1ieve1111 View Post
    That explains those involuntary right turns when you open that throttle up.
    I know, right! My tuner called it the "Inverse Nascar Map".
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I know, right! My tuner called it the "Inverse Nascar Map".
    I heard that map was good for drifting my STi, can anyone confirm?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll confirm that. I'm all about drifting...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmacsti View Post
    you have a moded wrx and brag about beating sti's... these sti's you referring to are they stock?
    Mate,if you read the post properly....it has nothing to do with "bragging" it ask what an individual would choose to purchase, either it be an STI or a standard REX, if you didn't get my point I bought the car because of the COLOR.
    And it cost me a **** load to get it to perform the way it does today. You don't have to defend your precious STI to me.
    Summing up..... you can purchase a standard rex and mod the car to your liking. If you don't have the funds up front to purchase an STI don't be dishearted by a standard car and do it in stages and funds permitting you will end up with something unique.

Sti ftwwwww!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    Sti ftwwwww!!
    I love you can say that in every thread, makes my car feel faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Sooby View Post
    I bought an 03 WRX back in 03, the reason being because it was red, a colour that is not available in Australia in STI's. I admit I'm not a great red car lover but every STI is either black blue or silver.and that's excactly what my friends drive. So I upted for the colour, which in hindsight wasn't the cheapest option by far.
    To cut a very long mod list short, my WRX produces 385 HP on all 4 wheels and eats STI's for lunch, and I still have a car that doesn't look like every other WRX/STI out there.
    Agreed, I have a 2.5 U.S. spec STI engine with lots of goodies but other than a heavy duty clutch I still have the standard 5 speed gearbox.
    So it all comes down to personal taste at the end of the day.
    uhm..ur running 385 whp do you launch it starting by 0 ?... and you are still using standard 5 speed gearbox? awesome...ive heard the 5 speed gearbox do not support that much hp and also a racing clutch... how you do it T_T!! thats my main worry explain me pls

I love you can say that in every thread, makes my car feel faster.

i love my wrx !

Quote Originally Posted by azevedojoey View Post
    so about how much would it cost to bring a stock wrx up to sti standards in terms of the engine im just curious if it would be cheaper to buy a wrx over an sti and beef the engine up
    I just had a 2.5 STI engine fitted to my 03, in Australian dollars $18.000

Quote Originally Posted by goma View Post
    uhm..ur running 385 whp do you launch it starting by 0 ?... and you are still using standard 5 speed gearbox? awesome...ive heard the 5 speed gearbox do not support that much hp and also a racing clutch... how you do it T_T!! thats my main worry explain me pls
    First off all, launching cars is asking for trouble as nothing is bullit proof especially if you are running high HP.
    Many of my friends had to get their cars home on traytops after attending the drags, it's not neccesarily the gearbox that let's go, but more than likey drive shafts and clutches.
    I don't launch, full stop. At a recent race meeting a friend of mine did in his 3rd gear in his 6 speed STI box, which is certainly not common. What I'm trying to say is, anything can be broken if you try hard enough, I feel that I have nothing to proof and certainly not amongst friends, that know what the car is capable off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goma View Post
    i love my wrx !
    hey now, it say's WRX on the back of my car too

First off all, launching cars is asking for trouble as nothing is bullit proof especially if you are running high HP.
    Many of my friends had to get their cars home on traytops after attending the drags, it's not neccesarily the gearbox that let's go, but more than likey drive shafts and clutches.
    I don't launch, full stop. At a recent race meeting a friend of mine did in his 3rd gear in his 6 speed STI box, which is certainly not common. What I'm trying to say is, anything can be broken if you try hard enough, I feel that I have nothing to proof and certainly not amongst friends, that know what the car is capable off.
    so...u never launch it , full stop? what about drags? sometimes we like to enjoy the drags and have fun , u never assist to drags ? and yes...if u try hard you have the probabilities to break up ur car

If you don't have the funds up front to purchase an STI don't be dishearted by a standard car and do it in stages and funds permitting you will end up with something unique.
    +1 a very valid point.

hey now, it say's WRX on the back of my car too
    ditto....but.....STI FTW

Mate,if you read the post properly....it has nothing to do with "bragging" it ask what an individual would choose to purchase, either it be an STI or a standard REX, if you didn't get my point I bought the car because of the COLOR.
    And it cost me a **** load to get it to perform the way it does today. You don't have to defend your precious STI to me.
    Summing up..... you can purchase a standard rex and mod the car to your liking. If you don't have the funds up front to purchase an STI don't be dishearted by a standard car and do it in stages and funds permitting you will end up with something unique.
    Sounds like you got issues with sti's... work on it bro... red sucks btw!
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast