WRX vs. WRX STi - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. WRX STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 or put it into savings That would be the intelligent thing to do, but what fun ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06
    or put it into savings
    That would be the intelligent thing to do, but what fun would that be?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    or put it into savings
    or buy the '09 WRX!!

Quote Originally Posted by tehrhorn View Post
    so guys, help me out here... I have about a $25000 signing bonus with the air force that im wanting to put into a car. My dad has had a 2002 wrx and i have fallen in love with subies ever since he got it. What would you suggest getting with about 30 grand? A newer sti? Or an older subie with a swap? I have no idea. I just want something fast...
    04-07 sti
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

According to Kelley Blue Book the suggested Retail Value for a 2005 STi is:

Condition Excellent
    Value $26,150

So he won't have much left from his $25K

Maybe a high mileage one (I priced this as if it were mine with 38,000 miles) from a motivated seller would let him have a few $$$ left.

OK Private party value is:

Condition Excellent
    Value $23,110
    Condition Good
    Value $21,855
    Condition Fair
    Value $20,140
    Last edited by MSDWRXSTI; 07-31-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    There is no such thing as, "too much Horse Power"!

2005 STi CGM
    Cobb Stage 1
    K&N Typhoon Intake

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I've been walked by TD04 equipped 2.0's several times....even in my BPU Supra and Turbo'd LS1. They are top end monsters.

troof. awd>topspeed runs
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

dumb n00bs, the only difference is the badges!!! the rest are lies!!!
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650
    Fixed.
    WTF n00b?! Get with the program - Subarus never break
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    plus the stock wrx tranny cant hold all that power for too long.....
    That all depends on how you drive man. I tracked my car a lot with the numbers in my sig up to 26K miles. Now, that is relatively low but before I swapped to STi drivetrain all I had was comments on how smooth the tranny was.

And I do believe that it is fairly cheaper to buy STi parts for your WRX then it is to by an actual STi. The only thing I have that isn't STi is the heads and I still don't equal the cost of an STi
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    That all depends on how you drive man. I tracked my car a lot with the numbers in my sig up to 26K miles. Now, that is relatively low but before I swapped to STi drivetrain all I had was comments on how smooth the tranny was.

And I do believe that it is fairly cheaper to buy STi parts for your WRX then it is to by an actual STi. The only thing I have that isn't STi is the heads and I still don't equal the cost of an STi
    So you have an STI exhaust?

What about all the other aftermarket parts in your car. I see a FMIC in your avatar (if that's your car of course).

You also have to factor in the cost of installation if the person doesn't have the tools, place, or skills to do it themselves.

P.S. I agree with you on the tranny.
    Last edited by Pavia; 08-14-2008 at 07:17 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    So you have an STI exhaust?

What about all the other aftermarket parts in your car. I see a FMIC in your avatar (if that's your car of course).

You also have to factor in the cost of installation if the person doesn't have the tools, place, or skills to do it themselves.

P.S. I agree with you on the tranny.
    Well in reference to aftermarket parts, I was only referring to the cost to make your wrx a stock STi. Of course aftermarket parts are going to add to the cost.

My friend and I did all of the installation for all the parts so I guess that makes it significantly cheaper too.

That's my car but it has changed big-time since that picture was taken. Need to update it I guess.
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    Well in reference to aftermarket parts, I was only referring to the cost to make your wrx a stock STi. Of course aftermarket parts are going to add to the cost.

My friend and I did all of the installation for all the parts so I guess that makes it significantly cheaper too.

That's my car but it has changed big-time since that picture was taken. Need to update it I guess.
    Cool! BTW, awesome numbers for your car!

Quote Originally Posted by tehrhorn View Post
    So guys, help me out here... I have about a $25000 signing bonus with the air force that im wanting to put into a car. my dad has had a 2002 wrx and I have fallen in love with subies ever since he got it. what would you suggest getting with about 30 grand? a newer sti? or an older subie with a swap? I have no idea. I just want something fast...
    if i had 25,000 bucks i would definitely get an sti.....but if you just want something fast then i guess 02 wrx it is for like 10 grand and put a few thousand into it and bam you got yourself a very fast car

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    if i had 25,000 bucks i would definitely get an sti.....but if you just want something fast then i guess 02 wrx it is for like 10 grand and put a few thousand into it and bam you got yourself a very fast car
    Well If I had 25000 i would trade in my wrx and use the money plus the trade in to get a low mileage 07 sti and put some money into mods. At the same time i would probably save some money too. I think it is all about what the persons ultimate goal is.

Would it really be cheaper to put all of the sti parts on your car? I mean the 7000 dollar tranny and other stuff(rear end) with it, as well as new front breaks and the spoiler. Also you are looking at the different engine components, turbo and intercooler. That is over 10,000 and I know for my wrx it was like 25 something so 10,000 more would be a new sti(not an 08 just a very low mileage 07 ). My estimations could be wrong though, I am just spitballin.
    Last edited by boardinshorty81; 08-19-2008 at 12:26 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    This question has been asked more times than the sun has set.

Use the search! It's your friend!
    +1 Seriuosly dude

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.