WRX vs. WRX STi - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. WRX STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi I've been walked by TD04 equipped 2.0's several times....even in my BPU Supra and Turbo'd LS1. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I've been walked by TD04 equipped 2.0's several times....even in my BPU Supra and Turbo'd LS1. They are top end monsters.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I've been walked by TD04 equipped 2.0's several times....even in my BPU Supra and Turbo'd LS1. They are top end monsters.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I didn't realize that the 2.5l "sucked" in mid- high rpms, relative to the 2.0l...
    but i still love the 2.5l engines, bigger displacement is still better in digging more HP and TQ.

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    to answer your question...

vf39 or vf43 turbo (new) will run you around 1300 bucks
    STI top mount intercooler (new) will cost you around 640 bucks
    an AP will run you around 700 (new) so you can get to a tuner
    a pro tune will cost you 300 bucks. and a TBE exhast can run anywhere between 600 bucks to 1400 bucks
    so grand total is 3340-4040 bucks if my math is right.

you will be running with a stage2 STI.

this is just the engine, and its if you do all the labor yourself and you can buy the parts used and go open source tuning to bring that final number down.

will your 5MT survive? only time and driving style will tell.
    you forgot the injectors and fuel pump which will be another 500-600 dollars brand new together.....plus the stock wrx tranny cant hold all that power for too long.....in my opinion you will be spending close to 10 grand for all that, especially if you don't do the labor yourself......i know this because i have an 02 wrx with sti tranny, axles, brembos, and everything else needed to be equal to a stage 2 STi

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    you forgot the injectors and fuel pump which will be another 500-600 dollars brand new together
    He already priced in the injectors/fp into the cost of the turbo. Nobody in their right mind would pay $1300 for a new vf43/vf39 turbo unless you're buying it from the stealership.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    He already priced in the injectors/fp into the cost of the turbo. Nobody in their right mind would pay $1300 for a new vf43/vf39 turbo unless you're buying it from the stealership.
    lol oops thought he wrote vf34

question peeps, my 07 WRX ( stage 2 i believe) has pipercross drop-in filter, full TBE, ecu remap runs at 253whp and torque of 264 lb.ft at the wheels. how would i fare againts an STI with only catless exhaust, stock Evo VII and IX and an EvoX?

TIA

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    question peeps, my 07 WRX ( stage 2 i believe) has pipercross drop-in filter, full TBE, ecu remap runs at 253whp and torque of 264 lb.ft at the wheels. how would i fare againts an STI with only catless exhaust, stock Evo VII and IX and an EvoX?

TIA
    What exactly do you mean by "how would it fair"?

In a straight line it should perform similar to an STi. Of course if all you want to do is go fast in a straight line, you didn't pick the best platform.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

lol oops thought he wrote vf34
    u can still buy a vf34 for around $800-900

Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post

TIA
    The evos, im not sure about. Probly be pretty even.

But the STi you will beat by 1-2 cars. The STi is gained nothing from the exhaust. Your longer gears and more HP will beat him. Thats if you know how to drive.
    CGM

you forgot the injectors and fuel pump which will be another 500-600 dollars brand new together.....plus the stock wrx tranny cant hold all that power for too long.....in my opinion you will be spending close to 10 grand for all that, especially if you don't do the labor yourself......i know this because i have an 02 wrx with sti tranny, axles, brembos, and everything else needed to be equal to a stage 2 STi
    i forget we're talking about the 2.0L. so yeah, add that to the list. as far as the tranny holding up, i know some guys on this forum are running 16g's on a stock tranny. it all depends on how you drive.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    and i did mention a new turbo so thats how much it'll cost. i didn't factor injectors and fuel pump into the price. once again i forget that we're talking about the 2.0L so a VF34 or VF22 would be a better fit.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "how would it fair"?

In a straight line it should perform similar to an STi. Of course if all you want to do is go fast in a straight line, you didn't pick the best platform.
    you said it right, fair.

lots of STI/Evo guys here are itching to guage me, us ( WRXs with same setups) here. and a guy living 2 blocks away just got his EvoX 2 weeks ago and once asked me to run with him. man no pressure, im the underdog but it should be sweet if i'm gonna beat them eh?

fastest setup?

So guys, help me out here... I have about a $25000 signing bonus with the air force that im wanting to put into a car. my dad has had a 2002 wrx and I have fallen in love with subies ever since he got it. what would you suggest getting with about 30 grand? a newer sti? or an older subie with a swap? I have no idea. I just want something fast...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tehrhorn
    So guys, help me out here... I have about a $25000 signing bonus with the air force that im wanting to put into a car. my dad has had a 2002 wrx and I have fallen in love with subies ever since he got it. what would you suggest getting with about 30 grand? a newer sti? or an older subie with a swap? I have no idea. I just want something fast...
    '04/'05 STi

Use the rest of your $$ on mods
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post

Use the rest of your $$ on mods
    or put it into savings

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast