ran 06 STI stg 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ran 06 STI stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, a coworker of mine ended up getting an 06 stg2 STI FROM A DEALERSHIP. Not saying something is wrong ...

ran 06 STI stg 2

well, a coworker of mine ended up getting an 06 stg2 STI FROM A DEALERSHIP. Not saying something is wrong with it, but a modded car from a dealership nahh.
    Back to the point.
    when he purchased the car they claimed that it has a complete cobb stg2. They claimed that the suby put 300whp/310wtq on a dyno jet. (this is what the salesman said to have been told by the guy that traded it).
    Tonight, we got off work and we decided to do couple of highway runs. Since i dont have good tires, and it was wet, i would not even think of running an STI from a dig. By the way my 350z is 2007, with technosquare reflash, APS TD, test pipes and JWT (clutch/flywheel, and pop chargers) i dynoed 290whp/265 wtq
    Thus, here is what happened.
    We did a 60mph roll, and i pulled him by a CL by 130. He said that he miss shifted.
    Second roll, we started form 50mph, and he did better. By 120 I had him by a fender.
    Third roll, 30 mph (since it was 11 pm, there were not cars, so we could safely slow down to that speed) 30 mph is kinda crappy speed for the Z because of the gearing. However, by 100 mph my front bumper was by his front tires. I let go after that cause my radar went off.
    here is my question. I expected a stg 2 to have killed me, but i ran better than him. My buddy is an experienced driver. He drag races his father's chevelle (10 seconds car) He had a 2004 VW R32, which he had t-boned recently. So, by the way i am describing the STI running against a 350Z (on the highway ) does it seem legitimate stg2 ? like i said i thought that it should have been faster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

from a dig your in trouble but a roll the z has a large advantage. BTW street racing when it is wet is not smart
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I'm not understanding where the wrx is compared to the Z....

Which one beats who
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    Cliff Notes: Stage 2 STi and a modded 350Z line up from some good old fashioned SRT-Racing. STi miss shifts the frist race loses. STi loses second race by a fender. STi wins third race by a fender. Both drivers lose at life for street racing.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

sounds normal enough, u can't look at whp when they are on different dynos, dyno jet dynos always show higher numbers, sounds like you guys got pretty much the same power and gearing makes all the difference.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    sounds normal enough, u can't look at whp when they are on different dynos, dyno jet dynos always show higher numbers, sounds like you guys got pretty much the same power and gearing makes all the difference.
    yeap, that's what i thought. The STI seems to have very agressive 1, 2 and 3rd gear.

Sounds about right.

07' Z's with bolt on's and flash are lower 13sec cars and trap ~ 107/108. Stage2 STI will do mid 12's @ 107-108. Hence the drivers race that it was.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    from a dig your in trouble but a roll the z has a large advantage. BTW street racing when it is wet is not smart
    Street racing in general is not smart. Doesn't matter wet, dry, traffic, no traffic. At at speeds up to 130 if that.

Case in point.
    Earlier this year, 06 GTO racing his buddies 07 350Z down I-10 in excess of 100 mph. Come flying over a little hill and rear-end 3 guys in a sentra just enjoying their night on the town. All three cars totaled, GTO driver and 350Z driver, taken to the hospital arrested afterwards. Driver and front passenger of sentra go to hospital... guy in the back seat.... Dead! All because people can't race each other at a track and have to do it on the street.
    Last edited by timber; 06-09-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: --><-- this close to being insulting
    Bugeye Mafia #231 - 2002 WRB - sold Dec 31, 2009
    -Stink-Eye Mob- #173 - 2008 SWP - Returned to TD04 Stage 2 in Jan 2012
    Frmr Blobeye Syndicate #173 - 2005 CGM -sold Sept 15, 2008. I miss my STi
    Proud owner of 99 RS coupe with EJ205 engine and tranny swap.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ05 View Post
    Street racing in general is not smart. Doesn't matter wet, dry, traffic, no traffic. At at speeds up to 130 if that.

Case in point.
    Earlier this year, 06 GTO racing his buddies 07 350Z down I-10 in excess of 100 mph. Come flying over a little hill and rear-end 3 guys in a sentra just enjoying their night on the town. All three cars totaled, GTO driver and 350Z driver, taken to the hospital arrested afterwards. Driver and front passenger of sentra go to hospital... guy in the back seat.... Dead! All because people can't race each other at a track and have to do it on the street.
    so sad so sad
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    so sad so sad
    drag strips ftw!!!

YouTube - divine intenions

[edit]

okay i lied... no one was around, does that count

YouTube - DIVINE Intentions
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

not trying to justify me actions, but the secondary streets were wet. The highway was perfect. Believe me i can abstain myself from racing when the weather conditions are not suitable

you can slow down quickly from 30 mph. what if someone were to pop out while you were doing 100 mph. could hurt a family. save it for the track.

I've got a high horsepower vehicle which I never speed on the road with. I'm modding it for more power so I can take it to the track once every two years.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I've got a high horsepower vehicle which I never speed on the road with. I'm modding it for more power so I can take it to the track once every two years.
    n00b
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

come on guys, at some point any one of you have street raced. It was 12;30 in the morning when we ran. The secondary streets were slightly wet. However, the highways were dry, so we jumped on the highway. It was Sunday in the dead of the night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast