ran 06 STI stg 2 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ran 06 STI stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 350Zimo come on guys, at some point any one of you have street raced. It was 12;30 ...

Quote Originally Posted by 350Zimo View Post
    come on guys, at some point any one of you have street raced. It was 12;30 in the morning when we ran. The secondary streets were slightly wet. However, the highways were dry, so we jumped on the highway. It was Sunday in the dead of the night.
    I feel you, feels like a ghost town out here at 12:30 in the morning.

Oh man especially if ur out in the fields, straight roads for miles with no light in sight.

When theres no moon out, turn off your light and it's pitch dark.

Also noticed when I was traveling across Canada that everything shuts down around 10:00PM.

Freeways that are usually equivalent to Bay Area traffic during the day are dead empty at night.

Anyways hope nothing bad happens to all you street racers out there.

and hopefully yah keep trouble away from innocent peeps.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Acrdys View Post
    I feel you, feels like a ghost town out here at 12:30 in the morning.

Oh man especially if ur out in the fields, straight roads for miles with no light in sight.

When theres no moon out, turn off your light and it's pitch dark.

Also noticed when I was traveling across Canada that everything shuts down around 10:00PM.

Freeways that are usually equivalent to Bay Area traffic during the day are dead empty at night.

Anyways hope nothing bad happens to all you street racers out there.

and hopefully yah keep trouble away from innocent peeps.
    I am usually pretty careful when it comes to racing. I have hit a rabbit before (in my old car) driving on an empty highway late at night, and i was not even speeding. I can run someone worth racing for a second just for the heck of it, but after that i am off. I try to go to the track once in a while to fulfill my need for speed.

I'm not going to comment on the street racing ethics, but rather the numbers...

I'm trying to figure out the sequence of events and what doesn't add up to me is the MPH at shutdown. This seems real excessive for a quick run.

120, 130mph shutdowns to me, anyways, strikes me as you losing the race and then using your bigger displacement to gun it up past the STi, after the fact.

An STi (or WRX) is going to start petering out on the top end past 100+ (compared to say a V8, for example).

So my question to the OP is, aside from the 1st race (which was a mulligan I guess?), what was the car length situation like from say 50 to 90mph?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.