A horrible, horrible kill...(long)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A horrible, horrible kill...(long) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is pretty strange, but bear with me. Coming home from the local sports bar after the Phillies beat the ...

A horrible, horrible kill...(long)

This is pretty strange, but bear with me.

Coming home from the local sports bar after the Phillies beat the Braves, I roll up on a very sweet yellow WRX. I've always had a a thing for the yellow Subies.

Anyway, as I come up, I see that there is a motorcycle cop on the WRX's rear-end. I followed discretely back for about a mile and see the officer turned off.

I come up on the Subie, and at 25mph, cruising, say "Wow, you just lucked out!"

"Yeah", she says.

Not only is it a nice WRX, but also a hawt chick driving.

So, we do a couple blurps. You all know. A couple hits of the pedal. Nothing dangerous, just a little jump of both our cars in a 2nd gear lurch.

So I get up ahead and then she passes me.

Next thing I know, my Valentine 1 is silent, but a police cruiser comes flying past me with lights blazing...

I never feared, because:1) I wasn't speeding, and 2) I knew he had no radar running to make a claim...

But! As the cop passed by me, he turned off in the direction of my new WRX bud.

I didn't see it in total.

I'd like to think that the car in front of me pulled over was not our comrade.

I'd feel real bad if I contributed to a fellow WRX'er getting a ticket. Especially on such a BS speed exhibition..
    Last edited by Pavia; 06-06-2008 at 09:21 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post

I'd feel real bad if I contributed to a fellow WRX'er getting a ticket. Especially on such a BS speed exhibition..
    If, in the process of passing you, she was speeding, (or she was speeding while you guys were screwing around), then it's not BS, and he has a legitimate right to pull her, right?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    If, in the process of passing you, she was speeding, (or she was speeding while you guys were screwing around), then it's not BS, and he has a legitimate right to pull her, right?
    yeah but shouldn't the cops be out there catching REAL criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by infox View Post
    You mean the ones committing multiple moving violations? No.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    You mean the ones committing multiple moving violations? No.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Grap my tired?
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Grap my tired?
    ok, now I'm just confused

come on now, you can't just leave me hanging like that ray

I Support ClubWRX
    come on now, you can't just leave me hanging like that ray
    It's an ancient Nasioc expression...I save it for when I want to confuse someone.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

LOL... hahaha... that's funny
    yup

Grap my tired?
    Ha! I haven't heard that in ages...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    This is pretty strange, but bear with me.

Coming home from the local sports bar after the Phillies beat the Braves, I roll up on a very sweet yellow WRX. I've always had a a thing for the yellow Subies.

Anyway, as I come up, I see that there is a motorcycle cop on the WRX's rear-end. I followed discretely back for about a mile and see the officer turned off.

I come up on the Subie, and at 25mph, cruising, say "Wow, you just lucked out!"

"Yeah", she says.

Not only is it a nice WRX, but also a hawt chick driving.

So, we do a couple blurps. You all know. A couple hits of the pedal. Nothing dangerous, just a little jump of both our cars in a 2nd gear lurch.

So I get up ahead and then she passes me.

Next thing I know, my Valentine 1 is silent, but a police cruiser comes flying past me with lights blazing...

I never feared, because:1) I wasn't speeding, and 2) I knew he had no radar running to make a claim...

But! As the cop passed by me, he turned off in the direction of my new WRX bud.

I didn't see it in total.

The cop doesn't need a running radar to give you a speeding ticket. He can guess how fast you were going and give you a ticket for that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    The cop doesn't need a running radar to give you a speeding ticket. He can guess how fast you were going and give you a ticket for that.
    In what state is that?

It wouldnt hold up in court, atleast not in MD. There is a "Speed greater then reasonable" charge in MD along with the other generic speeding citations. Greater then reasonable is fairly hard to explain in court.

No radar, no pace, no other kind of timing device (using landmarks/strips on the road), then no actual speeding ticket here.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    In what state is that?

It wouldnt hold up in court, atleast not in MD. There is a "Speed greater then reasonable" charge in MD along with the other generic speeding citations. Greater then reasonable is fairly hard to explain in court.

No radar, no pace, no other kind of timing device (using landmarks/strips on the road), then no actual speeding ticket here.
    Pa. There are more then one way to judge speed not just a radar detector. I also got one with a cop driving the other way in Missouri on the way back from Arizona in my buddies evo. The detector never went off. Of course I wasn't going to fight it though. On my last ticket the boxes that can be checked for how you were clocked are Radar, clocked, AOV, ESP, Vascar, and other.

Can I get a speeding ticket without being gunned by the radar? - Yahoo! Answers

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I had a buddy who got a speeding ticket for going under the posted speed limit (according to him, 10-15mph under) - got it for "driving too fast for the conditions"

Sucks for him, but his truck went off the road - he was running summer tires during a NY winter
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast