18g wrx vs stock EVO 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 18g wrx vs stock EVO 9 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have an 18g 06 wrx and I have a friend that will soon be getting an EVO 9. He ...

18g wrx vs stock EVO 9

I have an 18g 06 wrx and I have a friend that will soon be getting an EVO 9. He is going to buy it stock and when he does I agreed to a friendly race at a local track.

I was wondering how and 18g WRX would stand up against his EVO 9 in everything like 0-60, 1/4 mile so on so fourth.

Also out of pure curiosity, on my way home I saw a nice looking Lotus Elise and I just kind of thought what would happen between these 2 cars if they were to race. Seeing as how I do not know the guy and am not about to go seek him out and race through school zones (although I hear you get better traction in school zones) What would happen with an 18g wrx vs a Lotus Elise?

Sorry for the long post

Cliff notes

1. Who would win 18g 06 WRX or stock evo 9

2. Who would win 18g 06 WRX or Lotus Elise

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

u would smoke them both

Thanks for the reply.

Haha thats good to know lets me rest easy

Straight line drag races past 50mph the 18g rex wins. Any race that involves turning WRX loses against both. Any race that shuts down before the WRX gets to stretch 3rd gear, it loses to the EVO and likely beats the Elise. The 18g is a nice turbo but it would not be a total blowout till up around 60mph where the EVO's stock tune and the Elise's small engine would start to hold them back. Now if it was a stage 2 reflashed EVO...you better bring your A game because they make WRX 18g numbers with just a couple mods and a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Any race that involves turning WRX loses against both.
    Really even if the rex had springs and strut bars I realize springs are not a fully tuned suspension but its a little step in the right direction. Do you think if I had coilovers and sway bars I would have a chance against the EVO I realize the Elise is like a life size go-kart so I don't even think thats plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Feezor View Post
    Really even if the rex had springs and strut bars I realize springs are not a fully tuned suspension but its a little step in the right direction. Do you think if I had coilovers and sway bars I would have a chance against the EVO I realize the Elise is like a life size go-kart so I don't even think thats plausible.
    Driver's race. Evo is better compared against an STi not a WRX...tune up a WRX to be as good as/better than an STi and then you've got a comparison.

I can beat stock evos in the 1/4 by a few cars on a stock turbo, an 18g should kill it.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

hey wut kind of mods do u have, and by the numbers looks like a very aggressive tune
    2007 WRB WRX Limited SOLD
    2008 QSM Legacy Spec.B

FJF
    Now if it was a stage 2 reflashed EVO...you better bring your A game because they make WRX 18g numbers with just a couple mods and a tune.
    Sorry, what is a "stage 2 reflashed EVO?" The standard IX mods are a tune, MBC, and a TBE. That's ~330awhp on a DJ. After that, there are multiple options, if one is after more power.
    Evo IX SE

Quote Originally Posted by FJF View Post
    Sorry, what is a "stage 2 reflashed EVO?" The standard IX mods are a tune, MBC, and a TBE. That's ~330awhp on a DJ. After that, there are multiple options, if one is after more power.
    A tune of the stock ECU, EVO or otherwise, is known as a "reflash". Stage 2 refers to full turboback exhaust and a tune.

FJF
    A tune of the stock ECU, EVO or otherwise, is known as a "reflash".
    Yes, I know.

Stage 2 refers to full turboback exhaust and a tune.
    As I mentioned, a TBE, tune and MBC make for the basic IX mod package. There's no such thing as a "stage 2 reflash." Well, maybe there is in Grand Turismo.
    Evo IX SE

As I mentioned, a TBE, tune and MBC make for the basic IX mod package.
    Uh, I mentioned that also...

There's no such thing as a "stage 2 reflash." Well, maybe there is in Grand Turismo.
    Yeah, there is such a thing as a stage 2 reflash. If you don't want to refer to mods in stages and prefer to explain everything that's fine, but around these parts a TBE and a tune is known as stage 2. A totally stock car with just a reflash is stage 1. Add an upgraded turbo/intercooler/injectors/fuel pump and you have stage 3. Throw a big custom mount turbo kit and manifold on it you're at stage 4. Get the picture? It's a common expression on ClubWRX and if it doesn't work for you then head on back over to evoM.

All the best

FJF
    Uh, I mentioned that also...
    Except, you called it a stage 2 reflash, which is entity unknown to the Evo community. If you prefer to think of it in (err...) stages, it would be stage 1.

Yeah, there is such a thing as a stage 2 reflash.
    Can you please post a reference that confirms the nature of such an animal? I'm on my second Evo, I'm involved in the Evo community, and such a thing does not exist.

If you don't want to refer to mods in stages and prefer to explain everything that's fine, but around these parts a TBE and a tune is known as stage 2. A totally stock car with just a reflash is stage 1. Add an upgraded turbo/intercooler/injectors/fuel pump and you have stage 3. Throw a big custom mount turbo kit and manifold on it you're at stage 4. Get the picture?
    If you prefer to make-up your own definition, so be it. Once you begin to communicate with others, these definitions are simply nonsense.

The comments above are almost silly. Why would you need to upgrade the injectors on a IX stock turbo? The fuel pump upgrade is dubious, as well, unless one begins to run very high boost. Would you like me to go on and list the multiple items you failed to include that actually do make power? Clearly, you have no idea of what you speak, as was brutally illustrated by your "stage 2 reflash" to begin with.

It's a common expression on ClubWRX and if it doesn't work for you then head on back over to evoM.
    By what leap of logic did you assume that WRX and Evo mods follow a common path?
    Last edited by FJF; 06-02-2008 at 09:54 PM.
    Evo IX SE

If you prefer to make-up your own definition, so be it. Once you begin to communicate with others, these definitions are simply nonsense.

By what leap of logic did you assume that WRX and Evo mods follow a common path?
    Wtf are you arguing with me for? You realize you're on a Subaru board, right? When in Rome, do as the Romans do...I would not presume to go on an Evo board and tell people what's what but on here we use common terminology. I'm trying to explain something to a guy who owns a subie using terminology he's familiar with. I know how people mod EVOs and if you don't use stages then I will say it again: that's fine! I'm not making anything up nor am I inventing some magical new mod path. I think 99% of the people on here understand what I mean when I say a "stage 2 evo". Go troll somewhere else if you wanna start drama with veteran posters

Last edited by Timdog1650; 06-02-2008 at 10:05 PM.

FJF
    Wtf are you arguing with me for?
    Because, you're posting gibberish. Per you own words, you're fairly unfamiliar with Evo mods and it might be of benefit to actually gain a bit of knowledge.

You realize you're on a Subaru board, right? When in Rome, do as the Romans do...I would not presume to go on an Evo board and tell people what's what but on here we use common terminology.
    If you were on EvoM and someone referred to something as ridiculous as a WRX Stage 3.72 Delta7, it's safe to say that most folks would appreciate your input. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some accuracy on discussion forums and a reference to an Evo stage 2 reflash isn't it.

I'm trying to explain something to a guy who owns a subie using terminology he's familiar with.
    Fair enough.

I know how people mod EVOs and if you don't use stages then I will say it again: that's fine! I'm not making anything up nor am I inventing some magical new mod path.
    That's not entirely true. You invented an Evo "stage 3," as an example, that included unnecessary parts and completely omitted parts that make power. Basically, you're making things up as you go along and I cannot see anyone being grateful for being fed erroneous information.

I think 99% of the people on here understand what I mean when I say a "stage 2 evo". Go troll somewhere else if you wanna start drama with veteran posters
    Doesn't t strike you as odd that the terminology you chose to use is unknown to the folks who actually own, mod, and drive the cars in question?
    Evo IX SE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.