Got smoked by a Mazdaspeed3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

This is a discussion on Got smoked by a Mazdaspeed3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex The torque steer really wasn't that bad when I drove one though. My maxima was ...

  1. #16
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post


    The torque steer really wasn't that bad when I drove one though. My maxima was FAR FAR worse.
    what year was the maxima?
    i drove a 96 and the launch bout put me in the stands.
    i seriously think i pulled a muscle trying to steer it back.

    damn supercharged V6 FWD...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    My cousin just got a mazdaspeed 3 a few months ago. I convinced him to let me drive it a bit and I was quite impressed. Mazda seems to make pretty cool interiors too.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  4. #18
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    what year was the maxima?
    i drove a 96 and the launch bout put me in the stands.
    i seriously think i pulled a muscle trying to steer it back.

    damn supercharged V6 FWD...
    97 SE.

    It had pretty extensive bolt on's, some other goodies, and tuning. Nothing crazy, but a 3,000lb FWD car with 215whp/230tq and no LSD spun like a mofo with pretty bad torque steer.
    My mom has a 5.5gen Maxima with the 3.5L and that thing is even worse... and it's automatic.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  5. #19
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    97 SE.

    It had pretty extensive bolt on's, some other goodies, and tuning. Nothing crazy, but a 3,000lb FWD car with 215whp/230tq and no LSD spun like a mofo with pretty bad torque steer.
    My mom has a 5.5gen Maxima with the 3.5L and that thing is even worse... and it's automatic.
    the open diff makes torque steer 918324571934587x worse.
    who pays 4k for a vortech SC and doesn't put a LSD on the dang car...?

  6. #20
    Registered User 06hawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salt lake city, utah
    Posts
    2,567
    i actually like the speed 3? dont know why wouldnt own one but they are growing on me. but who am i kidding i cant own fwd rear or all ftmfw
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

  7. #21
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    Warner Hitachi K04, can run up to 20lbs of boost.

    I'm waiting for the 'yeah but fwd ftl' or 'you would have raped him on sand/gravel/dirt' post.

    noble death though. 320whp wrx isn't anything to underestimate-- im sure you suprise a lot of people.

    you're running a vf43 right?
    Correct, VF43.

    But man, if it was only raining...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  8. #22
    Registered User 06hawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salt lake city, utah
    Posts
    2,567
    those are good numbers for a vf43 who did your tuning?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

  9. #23
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    ahhh yes, here come the ms3 haters.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  10. #24
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    ahhh yes, here come the ms3 haters.
    ahh yes here come the people who feel the need to defend a car they don't own.

    PS cappaccino is an AMAZING flavor, AWD.

  11. #25
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    ahh yes here come the people who feel the need to defend a car they don't own.

    PS cappaccino is an AMAZING flavor, AWD.
    yeah, i don't own it, i'm not bias. How's that a bad thing?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  12. #26
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    ahhh yes, here come the ms3 haters.
    yeah...isn't it funny--

    everyone who owns or has actually driven the car says the torque steer isn't an issue.. everyone who has never driven the car *****es about the torque steer.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 05-29-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

  13. #27
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    yeah, i don't own it, i'm not bias. How's that a bad thing?
    in the legal world we call that 'hearsay'

    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    yeah...isn't it funny--

    everyone who owns or has actually driven the car says the torque steer isn't an issue.. everyone who has never driven the car *****es about the torque steer.
    maybe the one i drove had faulty electronics, because everytime i hit the gas in first it was pretty bad. not the worst, but pretty bad.

  14. #28
    Registered User ElBartoRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Chester Co. PA
    Posts
    1,348
    Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    maybe the one i drove had faulty electronics, because everytime i hit the gas in first it was pretty bad. not the worst, but pretty bad.
    I am just going to link to the 3 other threads that aready got into this debate
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

  15. #29
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex View Post
    I am just going to link to the 3 other threads that aready got into this debate
    i don't really care.
    if teen drivers suck then so does the slow3

  16. #30
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    what an argument lol.


    okay lets all hold hands sit around a hookah, puff puff pass and sing some songs about world peace.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •