New cars of 2008
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New cars of 2008 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday I passed a new challenger on the freeway. Silver. Looked pretty good. Wasn't sure why it had an SRT ...

New cars of 2008

Yesterday I passed a new challenger on the freeway. Silver. Looked pretty good. Wasn't sure why it had an SRT badge on the rear?

Last week I saw the new Camaro going the opposite way on the freeway. Silver. Looked hawt from far away.

You guys dig these cars? How would these stack up against an 04-05 STI? Any other new ones coming out this year?
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tmann05 View Post
    Yesterday I passed a new challenger on the freeway. Silver. Looked pretty good. Wasn't sure why it had an SRT badge on the rear?

Last week I saw the new Camaro going the opposite way on the freeway. Silver. Looked hawt from far away.

You guys dig these cars? How would these stack up against an 04-05 STI? Any other new ones coming out this year?
    I do like them. I'm probably in the minority. These cars were the stuff of my dreams when I was growing up, so the nostalgic throwbacks really hold a place in my heart.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Wasn't sure why it had an SRT badge on the rear?
    Because it's an SRT vehicle?

It's neat but IMHO I still prefer my old Charger SRT8 to the Challenger.

Last edited by TheJ; 05-21-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    You guys dig these cars?
    Yes! I like anything reminiscent of 70s Americana. The bigger and more outlandish, the better. I like all that stuff. If I had one, I'd put a vinyl roof on it and paint it brown or something. Give me acres of Detroit steel and I'm all in.

How would these stack up against an 04-05 STI?
    I would stack the Chrysler on the bottom because it's bigger, and then gently stack the STi on top of it. I'd use blocks or wood to make sure the STi doesn't fall off.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Yes! I like anything reminiscent of 70s Americana. The bigger and more outlandish, the better. I like all that stuff. If I had one, I'd put a vinyl roof on it and paint it brown or something. Give me acres of Detroit steel and I'm all in.

I would stack the Chrysler on the bottom because it's bigger, and then gently stack the STi on top of it. I'd use blocks or wood to make sure the STi doesn't fall off.
    and vinyl roof flapping in the wind ftw!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Brown, vinyl roof Challenger, big V8, me inside with bushy sideburns and I'm off to V e g a s!

I love large US vehicles. I wish they'd run on solar power or something, but I l o v e L A R G E US sedans and dreadnought-sized "coupes" and I smile almost every time I come across one.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    don't forget the bell bottoms!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    They are nice looking.

I also think they are America's attempt to sell cars based on nostalgia.. because lets face it.... most new Domestic cars suck.

With that though.... they'll probably produce a LOT of power, suck a LOT of gas, and not really go that quick because they are carrying so much weight, and are only rear wheel drive.

For example.... my buddy back home in St Louis was PISSED when he found out I ran in the 12s at the strip.

He's got an $40K+ SRT hemi charger, with a performance exhaust and a "chip" (whatever that is) I think they are rated at 425 hp STOCK (before the mods)

His BEST time..... was a 13.1.

Great time...... except I ran quicker in a Japanese, $24K, 4-door, 4 cyl. sedan
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    ahh that would make sense lol. when i saw SRT i was thinking SRT-4

So dodge does have some good "SRT" vehicles i see.
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Because it's an SRT vehicle?

It's neat but IMHO I still prefer my old Charger SRT8 to the Challenger.

if i was in the market for a domestic... that would be it!!!! i love those cars of course it would be "murdered out"!!!!
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

I love the body styles of the new challenger and camaro. They remind me of my dads '67. And the srt and ls2 versions are going to be pretty fast. I didn't know these were on the streets yet?
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Yes! I like anything reminiscent of 70s Americana. The bigger and more outlandish, the better. I like all that stuff. If I had one, I'd put a vinyl roof on it and paint it brown or something. Give me acres of Detroit steel and I'm all in. I would stack the Chrysler on the bottom because it's bigger, and then gently stack the STi on top of it. I'd use blocks or wood to make sure the STi doesn't fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    For example.... my buddy back home in St Louis was PISSED when he found out I ran in the 12s at the strip.

He's got an $40K+ SRT hemi charger, with a performance exhaust and a "chip" (whatever that is) I think they are rated at 425 hp STOCK (before the mods)

His BEST time..... was a 13.1.

Great time...... except I ran quicker in a Japanese, $24K, 4-door, 4 cyl. sedan
    No doubt. I know my stg2 STi would destroy my Charger in nearly every performance category. However, traveling around with my wife and two kids in my Charger is a billion times more enjoyable then my really-not-built-for-comfort Impreza. If nothing else my SRT8 Charger, unlike my STi, was one "bad-ass family sedan".
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Any word on how much the new camaro will weigh? I like the look of the challenger but its rather portly.

No doubt. I know my stg2 STi would destroy my Charger in nearly every performance category. However, traveling around with my wife and two kids in my Charger is a billion times more enjoyable then my really-not-built-for-comfort Impreza. If nothing else my SRT8 Charger, unlike my STi, was one "bad-ass family sedan".
    What car do you have now? I remeber a thread about it but for some reason I can't remeber.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

wow your stage3 + mods 12.98 to his 4000 pound n/a car with exhaust and chip, automatic 13.1 you kicked his butt good job.

The SRT8 is nasty. Here it goes. From a roll 70 to 105 5th gear in my sti and the dodge was even...almost...he was pulling ahead. He braked for the u-turn speed trap sign ahead and I 'won' cuz didn't brake. Would have lost in the long run for sure. Even if I held down that damb IC spray button
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast