06 WRX TR Vs. modded SRT-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 06 WRX TR Vs. modded SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm prettttty sure his car in stock form would have beaten your stock wrx, muchless with mods...

i'm prettttty sure his car in stock form would have beaten your stock wrx, muchless with mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah... I'm throwin the B.S. flag!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

[QUOTE=WRXreX;2300433]You need bigger turbo in order to run against modded SRT4.

With your current mod, you will get murdered by Honda Accord V6 coupe.[/QUOThow are you stage four and not maked 300 awhp yet?????
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by Llyon Gauge View Post
    Sorry for taking so long, but I beat the SRT4 w/ no problem really, by about the front half of my car. It only had a BOV, boost controller, larger FMIC, and some other non-major things. Waiting for a copy of the video.

needed a laugh
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

My stock 04 STi vs chipped/catback 05 Audi TT won by 2 cars up to 55 from a dig. I'm sure a stock 06/07/08 wrx could do that as well...the TT's really aren't that quick.

As for the SRT-4, I would TOTALLY believe that a stock-ish WRX would beat one in a straight line race if the driver not only spun in 1st but also shifted like a retard. Considering the demographic of SRT-4 owners, I would say both are highly likely.

souldn't of happened, but your right, probably the driver not the car.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

[QUOTE=justin.jordan2;2301694]
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX View Post
    You need bigger turbo in order to run against modded SRT4.

With your current mod, you will get murdered by Honda Accord V6 coupe.[/QUOThow are you stage four and not maked 300 awhp yet?????

stage 4 doesn't mean 400whp

This is pretty hard to believe unless the srt-4's front wheels were made of spaghetti

But chances are you'll beat him in the long-run (aka he'll breakdown before you).
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

all i can say is you got lucky... were the race from a dead stop and less than 1/4mile you would have him, but pretty much once you pass 55mph, or take away the WRX's advantage (AWD from a stop = less tire spin) the WRX is no better than a N/A FWD car.. i used to play with WRX's on the higway with my SVT-f, I could drop into 3rd and just walk away, but from a dig I had no chance in hell...
    I'm sorry, did I just jack your thread?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX View Post
    You need bigger turbo in order to run against modded SRT4.

With your current mod, you will get murdered by Honda Accord V6 coupe.
    My 18G went against a stage 3 SRT4. We ran even, but
    I had stock IC and stock headers.

I expect to beat him the next time around.

Good luck with your race. You'll need it with stock turbo.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.