sti vs. mach1
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on sti vs. mach1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wondering if anyone has gone up against either a mustang cobra, mach1, or better yet a roush mustang. I was ...

Banned

sti vs. mach1

wondering if anyone has gone up against either a mustang cobra, mach1, or better yet a roush mustang. I was trying to egg on a yellow roush 2 mustang the other day. I wasnt sure how I would fare in my modded 06 sti. opinios vary, what do you guys and girls think???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you ask my opinion... you'd destroy the mach 1... the roush 2 i think would be close with you winning... not sure over 100... and i'd bet on the same for the cobra... although if any of the above are modded... beyond factory... then things can change
    yup

I don't know what the output would be for any of them, but make sure you go from a dig, so you can eat them from the launch.

*Street Racing is bad umkay*

1+ make shure it's a dig
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Banned
    i have a highflow dp, protune w/18.5psi and k&n drop in filter makin just under 300 whp, and around 340 wtq. I started gettin a little nervous behind the roush on the highway, thinkin " I think I would be much better off at a stoplight or somethin"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    I don't know what the output would be for any of them, but make sure you go from a dig, so you can eat them from the launch.

probably should have done more research before I posted last. turns out a 2008 roush stage 2 is exactly the same performance wise as a regular gt, it just has slightly better suspension and has ground effects. my mistake

whatever you do just stay away from the factory supercharged cobra's...03-04 terminators can still beat you from a roll in stock form even with your mods, and with couple hundred $$ in mods they make 500whp+. the other 'stangs i woulnd't worry about too much unless they're decently modded as well...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionchicken View Post
    whatever you do just stay away from the factory supercharged cobra's...03-04 terminators can still beat you from a roll in stock form even with your mods, and with couple hundred $$ in mods they make 500whp+. the other 'stangs i woulnd't worry about too much unless they're decently modded as well...
    I watched a couple videos on youtube of terminator mustangs, those things are insane!

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    I was trying to egg on a yellow roush 2 mustang the other day. what do you guys and girls think???
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    That says it all.

Why would you try & "egg on" a car to race? That's almost as bad as taunting a lion at the zoo with your arm sticking through the cage. "Come here kitty, kitty,.... right meow!"
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I wouldn't count the Mach 1 out either. A well-driven stocker can do low 13s with a good top end too. If the guy has added exhaust and/or a tune, it'll be pretty interesting.

I ran a mildly modded Mach 1 from a ~ 10 roll in my Stealth and he stayed within a couple of cars by 130. My old car was no slouch on the top end either.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp
    mindin my own business when a young punk in a brandy spankin new ss challenged me. normally I wouldnt let him get under my skin, but he got the best of my patience.
    I agree, I guess i was just put off by the cocky dude bumpin his throttle repeatedly beside me. point taken!
    So if someone else does that to you, he's a "young punk" and a "cocky dude", then what is it when you challenge someone else like the Mustang?

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    That says it all.

Why would you try & "egg on" a car to race? That's almost as bad as taunting a lion at the zoo with your arm sticking through the cage. "Come here kitty, kitty,.... right meow!"
    Like you have never raced anybody before.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 05-13-2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Grammatically incorrect namecalling removed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk View Post
    So if someone else does that to you, he's a "young punk" and a "cocky dude", then what is it when you challenge someone else like the Mustang?
    It's a good race, not some kid in an outmatched domestic

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Like you have never raced anybody before.
    I've never "egged someone on" to race me, if that's what you mean. I take care of business at the track.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

destroy a mach 1 I drive a mach 1 and from a roll I start to leave a wrx at 80mph I have yet to do a dig race but would love to do so. i would really need slicks or drag radials thats for sure.stock mach1 numbers are 270-280rwhp and 295-305 rwtq and my car is stock.stage 3 roush is the fast roush 400+hp stage 1 and 2 are just bs crap no power gains over a stock gt.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast