sti vs. mach1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on sti vs. mach1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by chrisp It's a good race, not some kid in an outmatched domestic Okay... But you wouldn't know ...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    It's a good race, not some kid in an outmatched domestic
    Okay... But you wouldn't know if it's a "good race" until the outcome has happened. There are plenty of cars that you couldn't hope to guess their level of modifications and potential from just driving next to the guy, unless something obvious like big drag tires or a rollcage gives something away. You could roll up on an 11 second 115 mph+ Mustang or Camaro that doesn't sound or look any different than a 14 second Mustang or Camaro with Flowmasters.

I'm just suggesting you not be so harsh on a fellow enthusiast that likely just wants to see how they compare. Just because you are a notch above someone else on the totem pole, doesn't mean you are anywhere near the top.

Whether they whoop your ass and humble you, or you do it to them, you should give out the same respect to someone slower than you as you would want from someone faster than you...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a good race, not some kid in an outmatched domestic
    I fail to see the point of all of this trash talk. I assure you, there are many ordinary-looking domestics out there that will stomp all over your almighty STI.

It's entertaining how some folks have their egos so completely wrapped up in their car.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Last edited by timber; 05-13-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Please read and understand forum rules before posting

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I fail to see the point of all of this trash talk. I assure you, there are many ordinary-looking domestics out there that will stomp all over your almighty STI.

It's entertaining how some folks have their egos so completely wrapped up in their car.
    I agree, just not the car in this thread. way to come in late on this one.....is that your real vehicle in your profile or are you just messin around?
    Last edited by chrisp; 05-13-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk View Post
    Okay... But you wouldn't know if it's a "good race" until the outcome has happened. There are plenty of cars that you couldn't hope to guess their level of modifications and potential from just driving next to the guy, unless something obvious like big drag tires or a rollcage gives something away. You could roll up on an 11 second 115 mph+ Mustang or Camaro that doesn't sound or look any different than a 14 second Mustang or Camaro with Flowmasters.

I'm just suggesting you not be so harsh on a fellow enthusiast that likely just wants to see how they compare. Just because you are a notch above someone else on the totem pole, doesn't mean you are anywhere near the top.

Whether they whoop your ass and humble you, or you do it to them, you should give out the same respect to someone slower than you as you would want from someone faster than you...

you obviously drive a domestic car...im guessing a firechicken..look.. I know I can beat a mustang gt a stock ss camaro and im sure other domestics too..BUT I know there are plenty of cars that are better or faster out there. im not completely retarded...not completely.. I had my butt handed to me by an old eclipse with 400 whp that looked like a beater...I started this thread just too see what other peoples opinions were on the match-up, and I welcome any responses
    Last edited by chrisp; 05-13-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Im yea a firechicken would open a can of whopass on a sti a sti at your power level ,as some sti can sometimes be fast to/// you beat a ss camaro from a dig not a roll correct and not a full quarter
    Last edited by 4valvemach; 05-13-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4valvemach View Post
    Im yea a firechicken would open a can of whopass on a sti a sti at your power level ,as some sti can sometimes be fast to
    you obviously arent too familiar with the sti and the firechicken....especially a modded sti

I agree, just not the car in this thread. way to come in late on this one.....is that your real vehicle in your profile or are you just messin around?
    Did you not see the title "administrator" under his name? Smart move in mocking him...

had a 02 trans am aka (firechicken) and opened alot off whoopass ls1 motor's are very good and with minor mods better.but I have a hard time believing you beat a ss camaro was this a dig race or roll? and sti's are very powerful thats why i like them.you also called a TRANS AM a firechicken so I just had to say something

Smile

you obviously drive a domestic car...im guessing a firechicken..look..
    Did you manage to figure all that out by reading my signature? I'm also an import fan, and that should be obvious too by the fact that I had a WRX, a GTO (Australian import, domestic style), and currently a Cooper S. I'm just not biased and disrespectful against people and their cars until the owner does or says something foolish...
    I know I can beat a mustang gt a stock ss camaro and im sure other domestics too..BUT I know there are plenty of cars that are better or faster out there. im not completely retarded...not completely.. I had my butt handed to me by an old eclipse with 400 whp that looked like a beater...I started this thread just too see what other peoples opinions were on the match-up, and I welcome any responses
    Looking forward to seeing your results from the track when you head out there soon (like you mentioned in another thread). That will give you a good idea of how your car and your driving compare to other vehicles out there. And then you won't have to resort to having to "trash talk", as you'll have some numbers to back it up. Good luck at the dragstrip...

destroy a mach 1 I drive a mach 1 and from a roll I start to leave a wrx at 80mph I have yet to do a dig race but would love to do so. i would really need slicks or drag radials thats for sure.stock mach1 numbers are 270-280rwhp and 295-305 rwtq and my car is stock.stage 3 roush is the fast roush 400+hp stage 1 and 2 are just bs crap no power gains over a stock gt.
    race a modded STI and you'll be destroyed. least that's my prediction... i remember a highway run we made in a 92 VR-4 against a Mach 1... if the 3000 faired as it did... a decently modded STI is a sure win...
    yup

had a 02 trans am aka (firechicken) and opened alot off whoopass ls1 motor's are very good and with minor mods better.but I have a hard time believing you beat a ss camaro was this a dig race or roll? and sti's are very powerful thats why i like them.you also called a TRANS AM a firechicken so I just had to say something

Eh, I called my own car a Firechicken just for laughs recently.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2277382-post36.html don't take myself too seriously to let someone who doesn't know any better about "domestics" bother me too much. Sometimes the only way they learn is in real life against someone who isn't a librarian driving a base model car...
    Last edited by Dan00Hawk; 05-13-2008 at 07:00 PM.

I would hope a modded sti could beat a stock mach1, STOCK mach vs MODDED sti (hello micfly)...........what is a 92 vr4 and is the other a mittsu*****y 3000 gt
    Last edited by 4valvemach; 05-13-2008 at 07:04 PM.

you obviously arent too familiar with the sti and the firechicken....especially a modded sti
    modded STi?

onoes

Ne1 here famaliar with a modded firechicken? My buddy in study hall tells me the are slow.

TRANS AM!!! firechicken is being used way to much maybe some need a can of firechicken whoopass opened up on them did your buddy say they were slow when he was taken you home in his PRIUS
    Last edited by 4valvemach; 05-13-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast