new cobalt ss
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on new cobalt ss within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; even though it has 55 more hp, at 260, it should be called the slobalt. it looks a little better, ...

Banned

new cobalt ss

even though it has 55 more hp, at 260, it should be called the slobalt. it looks a little better, but still slow as ever!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

'04 Aspen White WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Um, okay.
    <stares blankly at the wall for a few moments>

What inspired this dramatic, non sequitur outburst?
    =>WRX vs. the World.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    mindin my own business when a young punk in a brandy spankin new ss challenged me. normally I wouldnt let him get under my skin, but he got the best of my patience.

what is so bad with a cobalt ss 260hp and 3000 pounds that should be a good little hot rod.do some mods and it would be better right?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    even though it has 55 more hp, at 260, it should be called the slobalt. it looks a little better, but still slow as ever!
    Maybe compared to your almighty STI. But, running low 14's stock is pretty impressive for a car that can probably be had for around/under 20g.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGizzle View Post
    Maybe compared to your almighty STI. But, running low 14's stock is pretty impressive for a car that can probably be had for around/under 20g.
    I agree, I guess i was just put off by the cocky dude bumpin his throttle repeatedly beside me. point taken!

I agree, I guess i was just put off by the cocky dude bumpin his throttle repeatedly beside me. point taken!
    Sometimes it's hard not to react when some @$$hat does that.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

mindin my own business when a young punk in a brandy spankin new ss challenged me. normally I wouldnt let him get under my skin, but he got the best of my patience.
    How were you able to tell that it was a new turbo model compared to the s/c and n/a SS models that all look nearly identical (at least to me)? I'd like to be able to tell the difference on the street...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

2008 cobalt ss has a turbo, no more supercharger or n/a. I think the n/a are just called sports now.
    Last edited by McGizzle; 05-12-2008 at 04:01 PM.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk View Post
    How were you able to tell that it was a new turbo model compared to the s/c and n/a SS models that all look nearly identical (at least to me)? I'd like to be able to tell the difference on the street...
    like the other dude said they have a turbo now. It had the same exact decals as the turbo ss, and it def sounded like it was the real deal. plus it had that nice puff of black smoke when he first took off.

Quote Originally Posted by McGizzle View Post
    2008 cobalt ss has a turbo, no more supercharger or n/a. I think the n/a are just called sports now.
    Yes, I believe most of us are aware of that. But VISUALLY, the last few years of Cobalt SS with both the supercharger and normally aspirated motor look the same as the new turbo model (as far as I know). It's not as if the car has the words 2008 TURBO written on it...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp
    like the other dude said they have a turbo now. It had the same exact decals as the turbo ss, and it def sounded like it was the real deal. plus it had that nice puff of black smoke when he first took off.
    What decals should I be looking for to tell the difference between the model years? And how does a puff of black smoke indicate that it's a turbo? I've seen puffs of black smoke from someone in an economy car as they try to merge on the expressway... At least with most vehicles, there's an easier way to identify the differences...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

i know the s/c verison you can tell by the supercharger badge on it there were two SSs so you can easily mistake the two for the fi and na models they both had the SS on them

of course if they debadge it you cant tell till you go.
    open source stg 2, up/dp cbe, aem cai

Yes, I believe most of us are aware of that. But VISUALLY, the last few years of Cobalt SS with both the supercharger and normally aspirated motor look the same as the new turbo model (as far as I know). It's not as if the car has the words 2008 TURBO written on it...
    The '08s have a different looking spoiler and turn signal markers on the sides of the front fenders. The spoilers don't seem to sit as high as the previous years. But just like ANY car, they can take the spoiler and badging (as previously mentioned) off, and it can easily be mistaken for some 148 hp econobox.
    Last edited by McGizzle; 05-12-2008 at 06:27 PM.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

I Support ClubWRX
    Puff of black smoke huh....sure you didnt race the new Turbo Diesel verison?
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast