could a Srt-4 hold its own against a stg.2 WRX??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on could a Srt-4 hold its own against a stg.2 WRX?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; not to seem like I have been under a rock this whole time but I jus Neva paid close attention ...

could a Srt-4 hold its own against a stg.2 WRX??

not to seem like I have been under a rock this whole time but I jus Neva paid close attention to the neon. I always knew they had potential but damn..like how much does it cost to make a good 350 to 400 hp outta of them and what would it need?? I hear it doesn't take much. And what is this I keep hearin about a "60 trim?" why does it seem like the WRX and the Neon are constantly compared?? What seems to make this thing stomp otha cars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They are easy to mod but it cost alot to mod them and they also will not last. You will have to rebulid quicker with any mod to any car really. Off the line a WRX is faster but top end the SRT-4 will take the WRX.
    When you do things right people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

Crabcakes and football thats what Maryland does.

srt-4 is more comparable to the sti than it is to the wrx, but i have heard that srt-4's end up having things go wrong with them

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Shoot, the SRT-4 is comparable to an f-16. I have onwed an SRT-4 before and a stage 2 WRX will hold its own.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by spark wrx View Post
    srt-4 is more comparable to the sti than it is to the wrx, but i have heard that srt-4's end up having things go wrong with them
    I herd they sheaer gears, and has bad reer axales.

weeee. in before it gets locked.

a stage 2 wrx. is very on par with maybe even a slight edge to a stock srt4. it takes 2-4gs pending on how far you wanna take it to get 350-450whp. a 60trim refers to a turbo size from turbonetics and support around 550whp. we have 6 srt4s (on srtforums) so far with over 100,000miles. 1 with 400whp sense 20k. nothing major has gone wrong on any of them. basic wear and tear items.

any other questions feel free to ask.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

basically you go all out on a wrx or SRT you will find their breaking points. WRX if you only run from a stop like real drag racers, SRT4 is the roll king. slicks do help but slicks find any trans/ driveline weakness.

I personally am not fond of SRT-4's because i hate FWD with lots of power. especially stick shifts. but if you can't row through the gears, then why drive a sports sedan?

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    weeee. in before it gets locked.

a stage 2 wrx. is very on par with maybe even a slight edge to a stock srt4. it takes 2-4gs pending on how far you wanna take it to get 350-450whp. a 60trim refers to a turbo size from turbonetics and support around 550whp. we have 6 srt4s (on srtforums) so far with over 100,000miles. 1 with 400whp sense 20k. nothing major has gone wrong on any of them. basic wear and tear items.

any other questions feel free to ask.
    Good løøkin out for that..I guess now tha question is what problems do most have when drivin wit 350+ horses..and iyo what would both need to be on par with each otha??

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr View Post
    basically you go all out on a wrx or SRT you will find their breaking points. WRX if you only run from a stop like real drag racers, SRT4 is the roll king. slicks do help but slicks find any trans/ driveline weakness.

I personally am not fond of SRT-4's because i hate FWD with lots of power. especially stick shifts. but if you can't row through the gears, then why drive a sports sedan?

a wrx will find way more weak points in its own drive line long before an srt on big slicks will. you can tear up a wrx trans in stock form. the srt stock clutch is good for 300ishwhp, axles 400+ and trans/diff 500+.

help me out here guys but 350whp+ in a rex is at least a 18g with full bolt ons and protune. and 450 range will at least take a 20g most likely a fpgreen or red. but before then you'll need different gear set for the trans and much more.

they only problem with 350whp is traction the car holds the power very well but getting it to the ground is hard
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

a wrx will find way more weak points in its own drive line long before an srt on big slicks will. you can tear up a wrx trans in stock form. the srt stock clutch is good for 300ishwhp, axles 400+ and trans/diff 500+.

help me out here guys but 350whp+ in a rex is at least a 18g with full bolt ons and protune. and 450 range will at least take a 20g most likely a fpgreen or red. but before then you'll need different gear set for the trans and much more.

they only problem with 350whp is traction the car holds the power very well but getting it to the ground is hard
    Yea I heard things about WRX trans.. someone chime in.

I Support ClubWRX
    the only otha thing that can compete with an srt-4 is light. Light is one fast motha.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    the only otha thing that can compete with an srt-4 is light. Light is one fast motha.
    nah nah i racd lite one time and left it in tha darkk
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

damn that sucks I wonder how much a warp speed engine would cost you kno one that I've seen on tha millenium falcon.

yup...if i had a rex first thing i'd change before adding any power to the engine is the tranny. my 5spd blew on me too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brooklynbo122 View Post
    I guess now tha question is what problems do most have when drivin wit 350+ horses..and iyo what would both need to be on par with each otha??
    1: Horses don't have blinkers and constantly change lanes. It's like driving with nothing but women and old people on the road.
    2: You will never be on par with them. They have legs, you have wheels.
    3: Watch out for horse crap in your tires. It stinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast