mach 1 vs 240sx

This is a discussion on mach 1 vs 240sx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my mach still has tranny problems can only start off in 2nd gear no 1st to 2nd shifts.raced a nissan ...

mach 1 vs 240sx

my mach still has tranny problems can only start off in 2nd gear no 1st to 2nd shifts.raced a nissan 240sx with a turbo and exhaust this morning two times. first from a dig he pulls a car ahead but i reel him in and end up 2 cars ahead. i told him i started in 2nd gear and he wants to race again so we did a roll race me in 2nd gear at 15mph i honk 3 times and we go he pulls a car and a half ahead but i reel him in going out of 2nd and into 3rd ends with me 4cars ahead.good race we wave at each other and go are own way.two weeks ago had a dig race with a 98 cobra convt me in 2nd gear he pulls almost two cars right away but i reeled him in with me one car ahead when done.nothing crazy but still good races you see a wounded mach 1 still can kick assmy car is stock but for k&n airfilter and flowmasters

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What's wrong with the tranny?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2nd gear syncro is bad so i cant shift from first to 2nd gear i can only go first to third or start off in 2nd gear

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 4valvemach View Post
    2nd gear syncro is bad so i cant shift from first to 2nd gear i can only go first to third or start off in 2nd gear
    Or by pass the syncro with "double clutching"
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

not to try to sound like a **** or anything, but if your tranny is have problems wouldn't racing be the last thing you wanna do?

A syncro isn't going to hurt anything or make anything get worse. It'll just keep you from shifting from 1st to 2nd.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

oh true, im still relatively new to the car thing, i mean i know some stuff but not much about trannys, and plus ive been driving auto's since ive got my liscense so that doesnt help much either