Track Night - Wrx v. Wrx S2-ProTune
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Track Night - Wrx v. Wrx S2-ProTune within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Pretty sweet night out at the track. It was a cool 85* in Southern Florida. So I went with a... ...

Track Night - Wrx v. Wrx S2-ProTune

Pretty sweet night out at the track. It was a cool 85* in Southern Florida.
    So I went with a...
    • Evo X
    • 07 Wrx s2 Protuned
    • 07 Wrx (Me)
    • 03? Accord V6 full bolt ons
    • and a 99 Corvette

With a slipping clutch doing a semi-conservative launch I ran a 14.6, a 14.5, a 15.2 (didnt have car in gear for the launch :/), and a 14.7. 2.0 60' ~.1
    The Evo ran a 15.1 against me, a 14.2 solo, and a 15.0 before I left. 2.0~2.3 60'
    The Protuned Rex: Tbe, inlet pipe, aps CAI, Sti-tmic, cobb springs, and a protune through a local performance shop. Ran a 13.8, 13.9, 14.1 (with passenger), and a 14.0. 1.7 60'
    The Accord has a ****load of bolt ons and ported heads I believe. Ran a 14.9, a 14.8 and a 15.1. Dunno about the 60'
    The vetter ran a best of a 14.5 and I never saw his other times.

It was a good night

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it me but are those times really high?
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

Ya they are. The evo is just learning stick, my rex has a very slippery clutch, the other rex was launching very easy, and I dunno what corvettes or accords should run.
    I don't know what else to say, we were at sea level and it was 85* so not too bad there

all of the above need the driver mod. i would be embarrassed to run a 15 in a evo.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

What would the STig say? Nothing...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Yes the evo driver needs work, this is his first car and first time driving stick though. He almost stalled on the way to the track so cut him a little slack. And the Stg2 won't launch his car because of our tranny :/ I tried explaining that it's fine till 300-350whp but he wont take a chance

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF
    And the Stg2 won't launch his car because of our tranny :/ I tried explaining that it's fine till 300-350whp but he wont take a chance
    Lose 1s (max) on his timeslip to save himself $4k+ - not too , if you ask me

BTW: people have blown 2nd with just StageII (I believe Micah did it with an OTS map)
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    Lose 1s (max) on his timeslip to save himself $4k+ - not too , if you ask me

BTW: people have blown 2nd with just StageII (I believe Micah did it with an OTS map)
    heheh - I'm not that bad

I had the vf34 on my WRX when I broke the trans on the 1-2 shift. Was using the OTS 93octane vf34 map, but I had used StreetTuner to turn off the TGV deletion related codes.

Oh, and while we are talking about driver mod - a few months prior to breaking the 5-speed I ran a 14.0@103. Tried to launch and the clutch slipped resulting in the car slowly creeping forward and falling on it's face, then I just drove it down the track as fast as I could.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF View Post
    Yes the evo driver needs work, this is his first car and first time driving stick though. He almost stalled on the way to the track so cut him a little slack. And the Stg2 won't launch his car because of our tranny :/ I tried explaining that it's fine till 300-350whp but he wont take a chance
    Wait the Evo is the kids first car, thats so bad! and Dangerous.

The Vet should be running low 13s 12s right?
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

Depends On The Vet...
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF View Post
    i had the glass 02 wrx trans back in the day. Subaru put 3 in mine while it was still stock before i sold it. i heard later its had 2 more replaced. so glad subby stepped up the program from that. first time i tore it up. it got 1st,2nd,5th,reverse,clutch,pplate, TO bearing and the synchros for all of the mentioned gears.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.