People in firebirds.. what can I say??? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on People in firebirds.. what can I say??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 20WRX04 I always get the SRT4s & Civics to bounce it off the rev limiter a few ...

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    I always get the SRT4s & Civics to bounce it off the rev limiter a few times when they go by me. Why?

BOOOOOO!!!! Was it this guy?
    HAHA, almost...

It is true that alot of suby owners at least in my area just give me dirty looks when I wave or throw the peace sign up, like today when I was going to school I saw a black 06-07 wrx drive by me and I waved and the guy just gave me a dirty look

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    You're in Austin now?

Didn't you live in Ohio or something pretty recently?
    I was offered a job working for a campaign and I would of been moving up to DC but it did not work out(I was told I was going to be the schedule manager and what-not and then they gave that job away and wanted me to be the guy's "body guy", I am 5'8" and 160 lbs, with no experience at all, I turned it down very quick). So I just stayed in NM for a little longer and picked up a great job down here and moved up.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers View Post
    I was offered a job working for a campaign and I would of been moving up to DC but it did not work out(I was told I was going to be the schedule manager and what-not and then they gave that job away and wanted me to be the guy's "body guy", I am 5'8" and 160 lbs, with no experience at all, I turned it down very quick). So I just stayed in NM for a little longer and picked up a great job down here and moved up.
    Very cool.

I hear awesome things about Austin.

My parents might be moving to Dallas in a couple years and Utexas-Austin is one of the places I was considering for Grad School.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Very cool.

I hear awesome things about Austin.

My parents might be moving to Dallas in a couple years and Utexas-Austin is one of the places I was considering for Grad School.
    Ya man I would highly suggest it. I love it and it is beautiful out here. You would not think that Austin, Texas would be pretty but it is. Tons of hills and a TON of trees and very very green and a few amazing lakes.

That is the view of Lake travis in Austin.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

SRM
    Every car has its set of Aholes.

Surprisingly, domestic owners usually respect the wrx and give it more props than most other imports. I know a lot of die hard domestic dudes that love the STI (pre-08' of course).
    +1

I'm a domestic guy at heart but respect anything with power.
    Mine: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
    Hers: 2010 Wrangler Sahara

Previous cars: 2000 Z28, 2007 WRX TR

Talking

Yeah, that's gotta be expected with a civic.

Like I said though, most domestic owners respect the wrx/sti. Not so much anymore, but back in the day we had a good amount of members here who had daily driver wrx's and their weekend cars were mustangs, camaros, vettes, gto, trans am, etc...
    Ah, the good ole days...

When I drive my FireChicken, I wear a mullet wig and jam to Poison and Motley Crue while giving import owners evil looks. But when I'm in my import, I do ricer flybys to the domestic guys and then turn on my hazards. I'm just trying to give some legitimacy to all the stereotypes and generalizations...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Dan00Hawk - keepin' it real!
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by jpjester View Post
    I have found that with Evos it's HIT or MISS. Either they are really cool and interested in your car and respect what your driving. OR they are a$$ holes and either blow by you or just give you an evil look and you don't even recognize your presences.

As for Firebirds, I was on 81s outside of Carisle PA, and I am in the right lane minding my own business going about 75 mph. This yellow 80's Firebird pulls in front of me and this guy sticks his hand out his T-Top's and Flicks his Cig out the top onto my hood. I was like WTF Mate lol. So I am mad then so I pull up next to him and he has 2 other friends in the car. They start laughing and the drive beeps three times. On the third beep I hear him full throttle it. I let him get a good two car lead to get excited, downshift into 3rd and blow his socks off. Putting about 20 Car Lengths on him in no time. I hate punky kids.
    1+ on hit or miss...
    One of my best friends I met cuz he had an evo on my avatar actually... we just dig each others cars and all...

On the other hand, there have been a couple spole white kids under 18 that just try to race and such... it's like I don't think you wanna run againts me in this time of day.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk View Post
    Ah, the good ole days...

When I drive my FireChicken, I wear a mullet wig and jam to Poison and Motley Crue while giving import owners evil looks. But when I'm in my import, I do ricer flybys to the domestic guys and then turn on my hazards. I'm just trying to give some legitimacy to all the stereotypes and generalizations...
    wow long time since i've seen a post from u, welcome back
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by SRM View Post
    +1

I'm a domestic guy at heart but respect anything with power.
    Same here. I'm mostly a domestic fan (GTO FTW!), but respect anything that's fast and not riced out.

Ah, the good ole days...

I really like to throw people off. I just happen to have a Veggietales 'Silly Songs' CD in my car that my fiance likes to listen to...

Imagine, if you will, that you're an 18 year kid in his Mustang/Camaro/Civic/whatever, you're cruising around with your hat sideways, seat leaned back, looking as hard as possible, doing your best Vin Diesel impersonation...

As you approach a stoplight, you notice you're getting next to a silver GTO, softly shaking back and forth from an aggressive cam, snarling through a set of longtubes...

You pull up next to it, turning down your thumping stereo long enough to size your opponent up, getting ready for two hard dudes to fly from the stoplight, living your lives a quarter-mile at a time.

As you get next to the GTO, you hear coming from the car:

"WE ARE THE PIRATES, WHO DON'T DO ANYTHING!...OH WHEEEREEE IS MY HAIRBRUSH?"

Now, imagine the look of utter confusion on that 18 year old's face. Oh yeah.

06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Thumbs up

^ I miss my GTO a little bit, except when it comes time to put gas in the car. I'm getting about 10-12 mpg better on avg with the MCS with the same type of driving than I got with my GTO.

Still, there's something about a torquey rwd muscle car that puts a huge smile on your face when it throws you back in the seat while you are steering the back end of the car with the throttle.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    Same here. I'm mostly a domestic fan (GTO FTW!), but respect anything that's fast and not riced out.

I really like to throw people off. I just happen to have a Veggietales 'Silly Songs' CD in my car that my fiance likes to listen to...

Imagine, if you will, that you're an 18 year kid in his Mustang/Camaro/Civic/whatever, you're cruising around with your hat sideways, seat leaned back, looking as hard as possible, doing your best Vin Diesel impersonation...

As you approach a stoplight, you notice you're getting next to a silver GTO, softly shaking back and forth from an aggressive cam, snarling through a set of longtubes...

You pull up next to it, turning down your thumping stereo long enough to size your opponent up, getting ready for two hard dudes to fly from the stoplight, living your lives a quarter-mile at a time.

As you get next to the GTO, you hear coming from the car:

"WE ARE THE PIRATES, WHO DON'T DO ANYTHING!...OH WHEEEREEE IS MY HAIRBRUSH?"

Now, imagine the look of utter confusion on that 18 year old's face. Oh yeah.

"Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

uke
    ^ I miss my GTO a little bit, except when it comes time to put gas in the car. I'm getting about 10-12 mpg better on avg with the MCS with the same type of driving than I got with my GTO.
    My commute is all city driving. I usually get about 14mpg on the commute. My arsehole hurts everytime I'm at the pump

It used to be about 17mpg city, then I went and threw a big cam into it...yeeaah.

I'm getting a beater civic from a family member in about a week, though, so that'll help my commuting milage a good bit.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Banned

Still, there's something about a torquey rwd muscle car that puts a huge smile on your face when it throws you back in the seat while you are steering the back end of the car with the throttle.
    couldnt agree more. although I love my sti, I loved my 68 chevelle. wife and I had to sell 2 years ago when we bought our first place. brings a tear to my eye every time I think about that car....

Haven't had too much trouble with domestics, just a couple of mustangs with punk kids blowing by me and or revving their engines. Most of my run-ins have been with civics, rsx's, and rx-8s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.