People in firebirds.. what can I say??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on People in firebirds.. what can I say??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I <3 domestics. I am actually in the beginning stages of an 1985 Utah SSP Mustang restoration. I also <3 ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I <3 domestics. I am actually in the beginning stages of an 1985 Utah SSP Mustang restoration. I also <3 imports. I am the proud owner of a 2002 WRX Impreza. But mostly, I <3 cars.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Jackholes know no car brand, I've had bad experiences from all kinds of cars in the past from other Evos when I had my Evo to some guy in a Focu^h^h^h ^h 08 STi last week. . .

You'll find that there are avid enthusiasts driving all kinds of cars.

Jesus, I sound like a hippie.
    yeah in my area my main problem was guys in mustangs but i got more respect from them than guys at import car oriented meets. i only got death glare from them. usually the GM muscle guys here aren't to bad but i had a run in with a camaro guy when i drove my 69 Pontiac. apparently he felt the need to pick on a 17yr old kid enough to tell him his 180hp 2bbl car "was easy" against his 315hp LS1 with mods. to this day i find more a$$'es in camaro's.

Banned
    I always got the dirty looks especially from mustang owners, when I had my 07 civic si sedan. Traded for an 06 sti that I modified, and I actually havent come across any aholes yet. the only jerk was the proud owner of an 08 stang that I whooped twice, but I think he was just a sore loser. Alot of import guys share the love!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    I always got the dirty looks especially from mustang owners, when I had my 07 civic si sedan. Traded for an 06 sti that I modified, and I actually havent come across any aholes yet. the only jerk was the proud owner of an 08 stang that I whooped twice, but I think he was just a sore loser. Alot of import guys share the love!
    Yeah, that's gotta be expected with a civic.

Like I said though, most domestic owners respect the wrx/sti. Not so much anymore, but back in the day we had a good amount of members here who had daily driver wrx's and their weekend cars were mustangs, camaros, vettes, gto, trans am, etc...
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I <3 domestics. I am actually in the beginning stages of an 1985 Utah SSP Mustang restoration. I also <3 imports. I am the proud owner of a 2002 WRX Impreza. But mostly, I <3 cars.
    +1.

I buy imports typically but I still love domestics. Nothing quite like the torque and endless pull of a V8 (particularly the LSX engines).

I still want a WS6 or Terminator.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I have been in Austin for a week now and I have seen 6 WRX/STIs and I have waved at every one and gotten nothing but "WTF" faces and dirty looks. Shows that even WRX owners can be D-bags.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

ehhh new sti,wrx owners don't understand the wave/thumbs up thing anymore, that was just something everyone did in the bugeye days, even girls lovin girls driving foresters used to give thumbs up. Now its a rarer event.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    ehhh new sti,wrx owners don't understand the wave/thumbs up thing anymore, that was just something everyone did in the bugeye days, even girls lovin girls driving foresters used to give thumbs up. Now its a rarer event.
    I get more waves from folks driving EVO's then I do WRX's/STI's at this point.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

It is unfortunate that the wave is dying.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm still getting waves from Bugeye/Blobeye owners. I just don't know if the current generation, for the most part , even recognize the older models as what they are.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers View Post
    I have been in Austin for a week now and I have seen 6 WRX/STIs and I have waved at every one and gotten nothing but "WTF" faces and dirty looks. Shows that even WRX owners can be D-bags.
    You're in Austin now?

Didn't you live in Ohio or something pretty recently?
    Just call me Clark Kent

yeah the wave used to be awesome, but to many rich boys started buying them or like said before, D-bags with cash to spare. know where a few park. can't stand them, made me wish i didn't love subaru enough to get out and find a new good car culture.

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I'm still getting waves from Bugeye/Blobeye owners. I just don't know if the current generation, for the most part , even recognize the older models as what they are.
    thanks for the quote wasn't i referring to the evo?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    I always get the SRT4s & Civics to bounce it off the rev limiter a few times when they go by me. Why?

BOOOOOO!!!! Was it this guy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mullet-4.jpg  
    Last edited by 20WRX04; 04-30-2008 at 04:30 PM.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    thanks for the quote wasn't i referring to the evo?
    yup! that was just awesome, so I had to snag it.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.