"Stage 2" wrx vs Evo MR

This is a discussion on "Stage 2" wrx vs Evo MR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a race awhile back against an Evo MR. Guy said he had test pipes and that was it. I ...

"Stage 2" wrx vs Evo MR

Had a race awhile back against an Evo MR. Guy said he had test pipes and that was it.

I have a "stage 2" 03 wrx (jdm headers, full jdm exhaust, no tune hence the quotes).

Neither of us launched at the start but I got a slight jump and was half a car length ahead by end of 1st. By end of 2nd, he was side by side with me and pulling. End of 3rd he was 1-1.5 car lengths ahead. End of 4th he was 2.5-3 car lengths ahead and we both shut down.

I lose

vf43 turbo going in soon, I can't wait

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so y even say stage anything just say im stock with just a full exhaust with headers.

good lose nothing surprising there. just pray he doesn't fart on that car or it will gain 75whp on the stock turbo.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I got a stage 2 02 rex with a tune that could be a lot better and have beaten my buddies evoVIII atleast 5 times, gained 3-4 cars going to fourth at stg 2 vs stock and then about 1.5 cars after he got full tbe and 25psi. Really depends on the launch though. i think if you had a tune it would be a pretty damn good race

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
    I got a stage 2 02 rex with a tune that could be a lot better and have beaten my buddies evoVIII atleast 5 times, gained 3-4 cars going to fourth at stg 2 vs stock and then about 1.5 cars after he got full tbe and 25psi. Really depends on the launch though. i think if you had a tune it would be a pretty damn good race
    I had a stage 2 wrx before (AP protuned) but I only gained a measly 10 whp with the tune. I ended up with 200whp on a mustang dyno 91 octane gas.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    steaming pile of bovine scat.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    .. just pray he doesn't fart on that car or it will gain 75whp on the stock turbo.
    sigg'd
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

FJF
    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    sigg'd
    <grin> I liked it, too. Evos can make almost startling gains with nothing more than a tune and a MBC, especially the IXs.
    Evo IX SE