who would win: k20 civic hatch vs vf43 wrx?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on who would win: k20 civic hatch vs vf43 wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, I don't know much about hondas, but one of my coworkers has a jdm rsx type r engine ...

who would win: k20 civic hatch vs vf43 wrx?

Hey all, I don't know much about hondas, but one of my coworkers has a jdm rsx type r engine (dunno the engine code guessing K20?) in his civic hatchback. Has all the goodies including very close ratio 6 speed (at 75 mph he's at 4500rpms in 6th gear).

I heard they pull stock evos and sti's and saw some youtube videos that confirm that.

I have an 03 wrx with a vf43 (with necessary components) and bigger tmic going in soon. Have full exhaust along with headers. Do I have a chance from a roll?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no, your best chance is from a dig.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    Hey all, I don't know much about hondas, but one of my coworkers has a jdm rsx type r engine (dunno the engine code guessing K20?) in his civic hatchback. Has all the goodies including very close ratio 6 speed (at 75 mph he's at 4500rpms in 6th gear).

I heard they pull stock evos and sti's and saw some youtube videos that confirm that.

I have an 03 wrx with a vf43 (with necessary components) and bigger tmic going in soon. Have full exhaust along with headers. Do I have a chance from a roll?
    You might have a chance. I have seen those cars go 12 sec without much work one. You'll have to try him. You have a vf43 or 34? You'll have a chance from a dig. Those honda's break easy. If you race from a dig, he just might break something. If he has not already broke his axle, etc. Those axles are weak on the honda.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    If he has not already broke his axle, etc. Those axles are weak on the honda.
    My guess is that if he has the brains to do the swap correctly..he knew that and took the precaution to change them out. Then again, maybe he didn't
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

I call Shenanigans. What makes that motor so fast? I know wieght is an issue but I have run up against and RSXr and it was the usual non turbo FTL??
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

is the hatch gutted? engine mods?
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingjibus View Post
    I call Shenanigans. What makes that motor so fast? I know wieght is an issue but I have run up against and RSX S and it was the usual non turbo FTL??
    The K20 motor series can be extremely quick. Just because its all motor doesn't mean that its not fast.

fixed.

yes those engines are extremely powerful.... if he did the swap right, and put other supporting mods, like clutch and drivetrain, then have a full exhaust and intake my guess is,and his gears are so short, you would get killed, afterhis tires stoppe spining. my friend ronny, did this swap in his 2 door civic, im not guna lie , his **** is fast and has a lot of power/ pull through all his gears.....
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

What kind of numbers are you putting down? I am going to say that you'll only have a chance from a dig.

That motor, with similar mods (tranny ratio's, bolt on's, ecu tuning) in the nearly 3,000lb RSX is good for high 13's @ 105.
    Now drop that potential into a hatch that weighs anywhere from 2200-2500lbs and you have an EASY low 13sec @ 110mph car.

I would race seeing as it seems like a good one, but don't be surprised if you lose. My cousin's friend (whom I've ridden in his car with) has a civic coupe weighing in at 2600lbs and dropped in the Kseries RSX-S motor and tranny with only intake, exhaust, raceheader, custom tuning and was pulling pretty good on stock evo's on the roll.

People don't give that K-series motor NEARLY enough credit. The damn thing responds to exhaust + tuning mods nearly as well as FI cars do.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    People don't give that K-series motor NEARLY enough credit. The damn thing responds to exhaust + tuning mods nearly as well as FI cars do.
    Absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post

I guess people missed that part that's highlighted in red So I have no idea how much power I will put down. Turbo is going in next month.

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    You have a vf43 or 34?
    VF43. It's the turbo from the 07 STi.

As far as my coworker's mods, I'm sure he's done a lot to it. All I know for sure is that it's the motor from the JDM RSX Type R engine in the 97-98 civic hatchback making 210 whp. I also know he has a 6 speed tranny in it with short gear ratios and a ridiculously loud full catless custom made exhaust.. Everything else is speculation, but his car is show car worthy, and has a lot of expensive stuff in it (lots of jdm stuff).

I Support ClubWRX
    If he has the JDM parts then me believes you'll lose.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

VF43, UP, DP, Turbo Inlet pipe, 800cfm inj, STI TMIC, protune, 20lb boost, and you will have him.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

yea alotta ppl don't give Honda credit where its due. Having had a modded 99' prelude I kno those things pull. I jus wished I had all that engine in hatch. K20's are somewhat of a step up from the H22's. K20's make all the horse power your car does even without having a turbo, and that's with just an intake. Now imagine all the mods your coworker has on his engine and put it in one of the lightest imports. More than likely you will prolly get the ****ens smacked outta ya. So do all you can and hope for the best. But take it from someone who's been one of these..

This is a vid of a k20 hatch jus to show the potential they have. Not to say this is what you are up against tho..

YouTube - k20a vs 2jzgte
    Last edited by brooklynbo122; 05-11-2008 at 01:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.