who would win: k20 civic hatch vs vf43 wrx? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on who would win: k20 civic hatch vs vf43 wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; His car with bolt ons will be around 200-220 whp. There's some dude on club rsx that runs a 13.7 ...

His car with bolt ons will be around 200-220 whp. There's some dude on club rsx that runs a 13.7 at 105mph in his integra. His friend with the same exact swap and same bolt ons ran in the 12.7 area with slick. He was running a gutted civic hatch and was 600 lbs lighter then the guy with the integra. I'd say go from a dig because unless he has slicks he's not going to hook for crap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just sold my k20 hatch and got an 06 wrx 2 months ago and let me tell you I used to scrap wrx's lightly modded mustangs as well with eahuast and I only had the usdm type s non lsd tranny in a 93 civic hatchback full interior all I had sone to it was kpro header and exhuast 8 lb flywheel, 6 puck clutch and HD pressure plate... not knowing how fast your car is I would say don't be mad if he beats you but you might win I don't really know as I am very new to subarus so I don't know what kind of power you are making with the mods you have listed.... good luck with your run if he's a good driver it doesn't matter if its from a dig. A few pics:

Last edited by white mike; 05-15-2008 at 08:39 PM.

i'm about to get tuned the last week of May. We'll see what kind of power I put down. It'll be on a Mustang dyno.

I took a peek inside his car, and he's stripped some of the interior. Still has back seats and whatnot, but it looks like he's done some weight reduction. Edit: I asked him about this and he said all he did was take out the carpeting lol

If/when I race him I think I'll prolly lose lol

he makes 210 whp.
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 05-17-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX View Post
    i'm about to get tuned the last week of May. We'll see what kind of power I put down. It'll be on a Mustang dyno.

I took a peek inside his car, and he's stripped some of the interior. Still has back seats and whatnot, but it looks like he's done some weight reduction.

If/when I race him I think I'll prolly lose lol

he makes 210 whp.
    that seems low most of the jdm motors are making 220-230 with a good header rbc intake manifold 3 inch exhaust and a decent tune he must have a dc header and the stock prc intake manifold does he have kpro?

don't go into it with the mindset you're gonna lose you're setting yourself up for failure just don't be cocky thats all... he might not be able to drive the car but usually if you have that kind of money in your civic you know what you're doing but there are the people that go out and buy their cars already done not knowing anything about them except its a honda and it should be fast with the swap thats in it like the kid who bought my car he didn't really ask me anything relevant about the car just what it had done and how much it was
    Last edited by white mike; 05-15-2008 at 10:08 PM.

that's gonna be a fast little car. the usdm type-s motor is no slouch, muchless the jdm typeR. Like the other guys said, I dont know what you're going to be putting down with your setup. your car should be pretty quick though.

this probably won't help much, but I raced a type s rsx with I/H/E in my stage1 bugeye. he was by himself, but I had me and two other guys in my car at the time. we went from about 10mph or so, and we pulled dead even up to about 80. So shave off about 500 lbs from the rsx, and take about 400 lbs out of my car for two guys and add your mods. It should be a pretty good race I would say

i'm putting down that your going to lose. i've seen from my friend that has a k20 92 civic with em, intake, exhaust, headers. i've seen him pull easily on a couple stock evo's on the highway. the power to weight ratio is a lot better than the wrx even with the mods. keep your head up though and try your best!
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynbo122 View Post
    This is a vid of a k20 hatch jus to show the potential they have. Not to say this is what you are up against tho..

YouTube - k20a vs 2jzgte
    i watched about 2 seconds of that race and had to stop it because my speakers made some god awful noises.... oh wait..... that was the honda
    Bugeye Mafia Member #177
    New England F4
    VF43'd by Wicked Innovation

Facebook

My dyno run today 243whp/222lb torque. 91 octane, temp was about 76 degrees. Mustang Dyno
    Previous run with custom tuned AP Stage 2 on a different Mustang dyno was 200whp/202lb torque

Mods:
    VF43, custom tuned EcuTek reflash, catback, catted dp, uppipe, UL headers, walbro fp, sti pinks, colder spark plugs, tmic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dynosheet2.JPG  
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 06-01-2008 at 12:01 AM.

My dyno run today 243whp/222lb torque. 91 octane, temp was about 76 degrees. Mustang Dyno
    Previous run with custom tuned AP Stage 2 on a different Mustang dyno was 200whp/202lb torque

Mods:
    VF43, custom tuned EcuTek reflash, catback, catted dp, uppipe, UL headers, walbro fp, sti pinks, colder spark plugs, tmic.

Wow, what max boost are you running?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Wow, what max boost are you running?
    18-18.5 lbs

now time to see when I can get a friendly run against my coworker with the k20.

18-18.5 lbs

now time to see when I can get a friendly run against my coworker with the k20.
    243whp seems kinda low. I'm putting out 320whp with a similiar setup at 18lbs boost, but its a 2.5 liter.

Is there that much of a gap in hp between a 2.0l and 2.5l with similar mods?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    thats pretty low, im on a Opensource Tune, on a simaliar setup VF-39 21psi and im at about 270ishWHP
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    243whp seems kinda low. I'm putting out 320whp with a similiar setup at 18lbs boost, but its a 2.5 liter.

Is there that much of a gap in hp between a 2.0l and 2.5l with similar mods?
    what dyno were u on?

the guy at EIP says stock evos and stis dyno about 220 (+ or - 5) on their dyno.
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 06-03-2008 at 06:17 PM.

what dyno were u on?

the guy at EIP says stock evos and stis dyno about 220 (+ or - 5) on their dyno.
    Dynojet Winpep...that might explain some of the difference (15-20hp worth)
    Last edited by Pavia; 06-03-2008 at 08:07 PM.

I know somebody with a K20 on a 93 hatch... he has no mods just the stock motor from a 2007 civic SI. He went to the track a month ago and the was running 12.6sec...

That is impressive! sorry to tell you man but I don't think you have a change at all; not even from stop.
    05 White Ghost...

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
    Nitrous, it's like a hot ass girl with std's you know that you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.