wrx KILL of the night
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx KILL of the night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; okay fellas, ive posted before who would be faster a v6 6 speed accord 05 coupe vs a 2006 wrx. ...

Banned

wrx KILL of the night

okay fellas, ive posted before who would be faster a v6 6 speed accord 05 coupe vs a 2006 wrx. and well i have the results.

im crusing toward the highway, at about 12 am, and i see the HIDS' in my rearview, so i slow down pull to the other lane and well its an s2k with a wrx right behind it, we were both goin eh about 40 at the time, and to me it looked like he wanted to race the wrx, so he downshifts, and guns it to cut me off, and as do i, we stay about even till 85, and as soon as i put it in fourth, i start passing him easily, and we get to about 120, and i was about 1.5 cars ahead. and then we both slow down to a stop light.

at the stop light, the guy couldnt believe it, and he asks me what i have done to my car, and well...its 100% stock at 3500 lbs, and he was shocked, and light turns green and he guns it and rockets ahead, and i find myself goin about 20 next to a 06, 07 look wrx. he looks and downshifts and smiles, and as do i, we both in first gear, both step on it, he gets a lil jump, i was about .5 car ahead by the time we reached 60, by the time we reached 80 i was about 1.5 cars ahead, and by the time we reached 100 i was about 2 cars...

so i just thought i would update you guys and ive seen a lot of people saying they but buss lenghts on v6 accord, which i highly doubt, (unless it was auto) which is completely dif story.

so i thought id share my kills with u guys, leave comments or call bs if u want.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    lol im waiting for it, but im hoping people can be mature about it because, well its true and im a proud wrx owner lol.

still waiting....
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

Banned
    damn impressive, no fan boys goin crazy that vtak owned them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    okay fellas, ive posted before who would be faster a v6 6 speed accord 05 coupe vs a 2006 wrx. and well i have the results.

im crusing toward the highway, at about 12 am, and i see the HIDS' in my rearview, so i slow down pull to the other lane and well its an s2k with a wrx right behind it, we were both goin eh about 40 at the time, and to me it looked like he wanted to race the wrx, so he downshifts, and guns it to cut me off, and as do i, we stay about even till 85, and as soon as i put it in fourth, i start passing him easily, and we get to about 120, and i was about 1.5 cars ahead. and then we both slow down to a stop light.

at the stop light, the guy couldnt believe it, and he asks me what i have done to my car, and well...its 100% stock at 3500 lbs, and he was shocked, and light turns green and he guns it and rockets ahead, and i find myself goin about 20 next to a 06, 07 look wrx. he looks and downshifts and smiles, and as do i, we both in first gear, both step on it, he gets a lil jump, i was about .5 car ahead by the time we reached 60, by the time we reached 80 i was about 1.5 cars ahead, and by the time we reached 100 i was about 2 cars...

so i just thought i would update you guys and ive seen a lot of people saying they but buss lenghts on v6 accord, which i highly doubt, (unless it was auto) which is completely dif story.

so i thought id share my kills with u guys, leave comments or call bs if u want.
    I'm confused - what are you driving?

The new v6 accord makes 268hp/248tq. With 2wd and a close ratio six speed I would imagine they do well from a roll. The main problem the older honda engines had, in my opinion, was the significant lack of torque. The newer engines seem to have rectified this somewhat.

2005 Honda Accord V6 EX-L 6MT Coupe Zex Nitrous 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

A 14.3 @ 96mph isn't bad.... meh

I'm far from stock, though not really pushing the limits on the ej205, and on a slipping clutch with a bogged/failed launch I drove it down the track and ran 14@103. Next time I go to the track I should be somewhere in the 13's I think.
    Last edited by Micah; 04-22-2008 at 08:18 PM.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Downshifted to first? Don't blow your engine, and I have to be going less than 10 for the car to even let me think about first with out rev matching like crazy.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill, but did you check the welds on your intake manifold to make sure they held up after sustained high throttle/high load (HTHL)? There's a TSB about this.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Nice kill, but did you check the welds on your intake manifold to make sure they held up after sustained high throttle/high load (HTHL)? There's a TSB about this.
    link to TSB?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I'm confused - what are you driving?

The new v6 accord makes 268hp/248tq. With 2wd and a close ratio six speed I would imagine they do well from a roll. The main problem the older honda engines had, in my opinion, was the significant lack of torque. The newer engines seem to have rectified this somewhat.

2005 Honda Accord V6 EX-L 6MT Coupe Zex Nitrous 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

A 14.3 @ 96mph isn't bad.... meh

I'm far from stock, though not really pushing the limits on the ej205, and on a slipping clutch with a bogged/failed launch I drove it down the track and ran 14@103. Next time I go to the track I should be somewhere in the 13's I think.
    No Accord, Micah. S2K

Also, for the OP: this is the wrong forum for this stuff. I really smell blood in the water here

Edit: N/M I guess the op is driving an Accord? and raced an S2K

Edit: N/M op was driving an S2K? and raced Vin Diesel?
    Last edited by timber; 04-22-2008 at 08:33 PM.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    link to TSB?
    I'll post it up later tonight.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Banned
    its a 2005 v6 6 speed, and this is dif story, this is from a roll.

and i dont care about the welds on my intake mani i got warrenty.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002scoobyrex View Post
    and i dont care about the welds on my intake mani i got warrenty.
    The problem is, they'll most likely be able to tell the manifold weld damage was due to fast driving. The service department will be furious with your request for warranty work.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    The problem is, they'll most likely be able to tell the manifold weld damage was due to fast driving. The service department will be furious with your request for warranty work.
    at least the work won't be done fast. Unless It's Paul Walker turning the wrenches.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Banned
    i dont think ill have any problems with the manifold damage, i havne treally heard of anyone having any problems with it with the 2005 accords.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.