Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrx KILL of the night

8K views 87 replies 30 participants last post by  RayfieldsWRX 
#1 ·
okay fellas, ive posted before who would be faster a v6 6 speed accord 05 coupe vs a 2006 wrx. and well i have the results.

im crusing toward the highway, at about 12 am, and i see the HIDS' in my rearview, so i slow down pull to the other lane and well its an s2k with a wrx right behind it, we were both goin eh about 40 at the time, and to me it looked like he wanted to race the wrx, so he downshifts, and guns it to cut me off, and as do i, we stay about even till 85, and as soon as i put it in fourth, i start passing him easily, and we get to about 120, and i was about 1.5 cars ahead. and then we both slow down to a stop light.

at the stop light, the guy couldnt believe it, and he asks me what i have done to my car, and well...its 100% stock at 3500 lbs, and he was shocked, and light turns green and he guns it and rockets ahead, and i find myself goin about 20 next to a 06, 07 look wrx. he looks and downshifts and smiles, and as do i, we both in first gear, both step on it, he gets a lil jump, i was about .5 car ahead by the time we reached 60, by the time we reached 80 i was about 1.5 cars ahead, and by the time we reached 100 i was about 2 cars...

so i just thought i would update you guys and ive seen a lot of people saying they but buss lenghts on v6 accord, which i highly doubt, (unless it was auto) which is completely dif story.

so i thought id share my kills with u guys, leave comments or call bs if u want.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
I'm confused - what are you driving?

The new v6 accord makes 268hp/248tq. With 2wd and a close ratio six speed I would imagine they do well from a roll. The main problem the older honda engines had, in my opinion, was the significant lack of torque. The newer engines seem to have rectified this somewhat.

2005 Honda Accord V6 EX-L 6MT Coupe Zex Nitrous 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

A 14.3 @ 96mph isn't bad.... meh

I'm far from stock, though not really pushing the limits on the ej205, and on a slipping clutch with a bogged/failed launch I drove it down the track and ran 14@103. Next time I go to the track I should be somewhere in the 13's I think.

#10 · (Edited)
I'm confused - what are you driving?

The new v6 accord makes 268hp/248tq. With 2wd and a close ratio six speed I would imagine they do well from a roll. The main problem the older honda engines had, in my opinion, was the significant lack of torque. The newer engines seem to have rectified this somewhat.

2005 Honda Accord V6 EX-L 6MT Coupe Zex Nitrous 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

A 14.3 @ 96mph isn't bad.... meh

I'm far from stock, though not really pushing the limits on the ej205, and on a slipping clutch with a bogged/failed launch I drove it down the track and ran 14@103. Next time I go to the track I should be somewhere in the 13's I think.
No Accord, Micah. S2K

Also, for the OP: this is the wrong forum for this stuff. I really smell blood in the water here

Edit: N/M I guess the op is driving an Accord? and raced an S2K :confused:

Edit: N/M op was driving an S2K? and raced Vin Diesel?

#9 ·
link to TSB?

#17 ·
I'm just trying to give you a heads up. I was curious about the issue after a friend blew the welds during a friendly street race. The guy he was racing obviously lost respect for the Accord driver when this happened, but luckily the guy was planning on replacing the manifold anyway during his supercharger upgrade. It's quite a fast car now.

#26 ·
No prob.

Just saying, his car had under 40k miles when it happened. As I said, he did the bolt on supercharger thing and is hoping for a 10.xx car eventually with a turbo upgrade. If you're still stock, maybe go for an aftermarket manifold and then maybe some nitrous or another power adder.

#32 ·
Funny you should say that. My buddy Hector lives in Chi-town and has a mostly stock WRX. He'll run anything...even if he gets his ass handed to him. The guy's always saying "winning's winning". Really dedicated to this stuff.

Anyway, I'll email him tonight and see if he's up for it.

#37 ·
I don't see the point in messing with a troll using lame F&F references. We've got a large amount of members - why not pursue this from a more legit angle.

He has something which he seems to want to prove - setup a meeting with local members in his area. One of two things happens:

1. he shows up, they race and we see what happens
2. he doesn't show up, and we call him out as a troll

:sadwave:

#39 ·
#41 ·
Alright so i have a friend who has an 05 accord V6 manual tranny, he has a CBE and an intake, but we have ran before and from a stop he didnt stand a chance, but then we did a 20 roll and he kinda stayed up in 2nd but once 3rd rolled around i started to pull away and was about 1.5 car on him. then i shifted into 4th and gave him a little flame and some stank from my TBE and that was the game!

They are alot faster than you would expect though.

#42 ·
Alright so i have a friend who has an 05 accord V6 manual tranny, he has a CBE and an intake, but we have ran before and from a stop he didnt stand a chance, but then we did a 20 roll and he kinda stayed up in 2nd but once 3rd rolled around i started to pull away and was about 1.5 car on him. then i shifted into 4th and gave him a little flame and some stank from my TBE and that was the game!
To some people, respect is more important.

#46 ·
My sister has the 05 Accord 6speed EX V6. Dont get me wrong now its a quick car and all, I do all the personal maintenance for her. I drive an 05 STI so thats an unfair race to find out. All my friends got Rex's but are all modded, so thatll also be unfair. Ill give it to you that the V6 accord shift smooth as hell though. YOu got any problems with the 3rd gear locking up on it at all?

#47 ·
yea i had third gear problem, took it to the dealer and they replaced my third and fourth gear syncro so yea.

and also u have to know how to drive the car aswell, and it doesnt feel nearly as fast as it actually is.

and lets not forget that the accord traps about 100 mph quarter mile, while the wrx probably in the low 90's. ;-)

so lets set up a race and do this im ready.

#51 ·
I have a friend that has an 06 accord v6 6speed (actually faster car than the 05). We were on the freeway the other day, and both dropped the hammer. I walked away from him without a problem through 100MPH.

He has an intake, hondata manifold gasket, honda kpro and a cat back exhaust (he is also lowered with some lighter wheels).

Meh..

#52 ·
I dont understand how someone can miss 2 pages and F&F qoutes.

None the less...let's try to play nice....and setting up an orgazined street race is against the rules here (I'm sure Micah had a local track in mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.