WRX vs AC cobra
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs AC cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know, I know, there is no comparing the two. But my father is hitting his 3rd mid-life crisis and ...

WRX vs AC cobra

I know, I know, there is no comparing the two. But my father is hitting his 3rd mid-life crisis and wants a small block 1965 cobra replica build by backdraft.

I know that besides a dig, (B/c of the AWD) he would slaughter me in any actual race. But would a 20g be enough to atleast maybe keep up in my little 2.0L. Just curious if it would be worth all the mess to go through.... Thanks guys

-Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It all depends on what small block it is, and how built it is. Some are built with only a 302 injected Mustang motor. Plenty of punch, but nothing great. Some have full built 383 stroker race motors under the hood. You could be talking about 250chp or 600chp. What motor is in it?

the current one he is looking at is a small-block Ford stroked to 350 cid... and the car weighs less than mine. So I understand that this is a big undertaking but I have saved up some money and I would love to get home from college and rip his 50,000 + sports car with my little 2.0L. But I know I would start needing to save for some PPG's...

But he wants a small block and the current one is 350 cid. So i don't know if he will buy that one or not but I just was curious if a 20g even stood a chance... Thanks

-Aaron

just tell him u want to race in the snow. u will always win then
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

They are REAL fast cars with any engine. It would be hard for you to beat it.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    They are REAL fast cars with any engine. It would be hard for you to beat it.
    I drove one years ago with a blown 502. It was the most insane thing I've ever had the pleasure to drive. The speedometer climbed faster than my tach through 1st gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    The speedometer climbed faster than my tach through 1st gear.

Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

I Support ClubWRX
    Does it have a 350 or a 347? Either way it's still more then likely a "small block".

The kit's are built to demand most of the time. Meaning as TR said it could have a box stock 225hp 302 or a supercharged 347 making 600-700hp. The 351 variants (still a SB) can get even crazier with the power.

I actually hope to have the KIT in my garage for one of these by the end of next year....331 stroker kit with a Kenne Bell supercharger.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

my boss was building one of these from a partial kit and doing alot from scratch. I think he ended up with an awesome Roushe crate motor. But just seeing this thing in pieces you could tell it weighs almost nothing.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mon420 View Post
    the current one he is looking at is a small-block Ford stroked to 350 cid... and the car weighs less than mine. So I understand that this is a big undertaking but I have saved up some money and I would love to get home from college and rip his 50,000 + sports car with my little 2.0L. But I know I would start needing to save for some PPG's...

But he wants a small block and the current one is 350 cid. So i don't know if he will buy that one or not but I just was curious if a 20g even stood a chance... Thanks

-Aaron
    You will need the MONSTER GT35R turbo. You'll need a lot of engine work though. Search GT35R WRX.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

yea i figure its probably not worth my time, I have the money for the turbo upgrade (with injectors and fuel pump) but not the engine overhaul. It would be nice to come home from college and spank that AC cobra with my suby, but it doesn't seem economical for me. I will just have to wait til I am my father's age and by a Bugatti Veryon

Thanks for the input guys

-Aaron

HiPo 289 FTW
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mon420 View Post
    yea i figure its probably not worth my time, I have the money for the turbo upgrade (with injectors and fuel pump) but not the engine overhaul. It would be nice to come home from college and spank that AC cobra with my suby, but it doesn't seem economical for me. I will just have to wait til I am my father's age and by a Bugatti Veryon

Thanks for the input guys

-Aaron

LMK how that works out for ya.

love the "MONSTER" 35r comment too.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    LMK how that works out for ya.

love the "MONSTER" 35r comment too.
    Thats Meng Hang for you
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Or find yourself a very rare 1966 427 AC cobra..and that would take care of the small block kit version

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.