18G vs V I P E R SRT10 on 8 MILE
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 18G vs V I P E R SRT10 on 8 MILE within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was the race I have been dreaming all about and it happened yesterday. Beautiful Day. Heading home on Hoover, ...

18G vs V I P E R SRT10 on 8 MILE

This was the race I have been dreaming all about and it happened yesterday. Beautiful Day.

Heading home on Hoover, I spotted a drop dead alsome VIPER srt10. Black with hard roof. The driver was probably a drug dealer because he was heading South towards Detroit like me...

We instantly made contact and we went at it on Hoover a few times. I would boost and stop and he would run and stop. It was teaser time.

The real race began when we HIT 8 Mile. The turn off of Hoover onto 8 mile lead to a RED light. The game was on

....GO...we stayed together in 1st gear....I was gentle with my 1-2 gear shift because of my stock tranny, so he gained a little. His rear was at my front fender...but when I finished my 2nd gear shift and was WOT, I slowly was pulling on him. I was impressed so far. Thru all of 2nd gear, I started to pull even with him....THE MONSTER GEAR (THIRD GEAR) approached and I changed gears very fast. I was slowly walking him...and then he gave up

I won. Either he chickend out and gave me the win, or he missed a gear. Maybe he stopped racing because he did not want any more attention...afraid of getting caught by the police...drug dealer?

Whatever the reason...I raced the biggest race and my dream race...I can die a happy man now. I was impressed with my car...4 wheel power does play a roll against the big guys. I know if we ran any futher, he might had killed me, but he gave up. I'm sure it will be different the next time we meet.

Note: the viper could possible be a very old VIPER and the driver may really have sucked. Maybe the car was not running good?

All I know is that I raced a VIPER on 8 Mile around 5:30 PM with 100 of cars around us. 8 Mile is a 4 lane road.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    your a drug Dealer?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

your funny man...NO. I'm not the drug dealer...
    Meng Hang

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    your funny man...NO. I'm not the drug dealer...
    anyway, nice kill Rush hour racing on the busiest street in the state FTMFW.

too bad you did not talk to the viper owner i wonder if he knew he was in a race.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

i pulled a debadged something-or-other with aftermarket exhaust of some kind. it looked like a 6 banger of some sort, but the owner had done at least some cosmetic (and exhaust work).

we were in the same lane and, as oportunity presented itself, i moved left and he nailed it. i cleanly pulled him through 2nd and 3rd through a long sweeper. as we wrapped up at a stop light, he rolled down his window and offered due props.

he said he was running around 210hp. i was running a stock 08 STi w/a Cobb/Perrin Stage 1/93. i forgot to ask him what the hell kinda POS he was driving.

i did compliment him on his ride; according to The Manual.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    anyway, nice kill Rush hour racing on the busiest street in the state FTMFW.

too bad you did not talk to the viper owner i wonder if he knew he was in a race.
    We were teasing each other on HOOVER and when 8 mile hit...I'm 100% he was racing. If he was not racing. I would have killed him with my 2nd gear. 2nd gear is way too fast. I use to love 2nd gear because it was long and pulled decent, but now 2nd gear does not last long at all with the 18G.

The old model VIPERS only ran the 1/4 in 13.1 or around there. I'm sure it was not the newer 400-600whp. Those would have killed me.
    Meng Hang

Vipers are not exactly light either, truck based supercar.
    l imagine 3rd gear hits like a hammer with an the 18g.

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you ever driven a Viper?

All due respect but I've been in Viper's and I'd have to believe that maybe he started to race but then backed off a bit because of cold feet worrying about cops or traffic. I've been in Viper's and there's just now way you'd beat him from a rolling start. WRX's are alright, but no match for a Viper in a rolling start unless its driven by someone who doesn't know how to shift.
    But racing on 8 mile...thats nuts.

Does everybody have a quote from RayfieldsWRX in their sig!?
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Have you ever driven a Viper?
    Yes. I drove one of the older "slow" Vipers. It was a 95 SRT-10 (way back when they only had 410 hp). I've never been in a WRX with an 18g, but that viper sure moved. The thing that amazed me the most was the instant throttle response. Nothing at all like the turbo imports I'm used to.

That's gotta be a mighty impressive WRX to have kept up with the snake (on its home turf no less) Nice kill!
    '05 silver WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #28
    Raammat Soundproof Thread
    The Octane Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcaputo View Post
    Yes. I drove one of the older "slow" Vipers. It was a 95 SRT-10 (way back when they only had 410 hp). I've never been in a WRX with an 18g, but that viper sure moved. The thing that amazed me the most was the instant throttle response. Nothing at all like the turbo imports I'm used to.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    All due respect but I've been in Viper's and I'd have to believe that maybe he started to race but then backed off a bit because of cold feet worrying about cops or traffic. I've been in Viper's and there's just now way you'd beat him from a rolling start. WRX's are alright, but no match for a Viper in a rolling start unless its driven by someone who doesn't know how to shift.
    But racing on 8 mile...thats nuts.
    The race was from a dig.
    Meng Hang

I Support ClubWRX
    Racing in heavy traffic is awesome.

My guess is the viper was toying with you and decided not to give it a go since it was heavy traffic.

But none the less keep your head up because you beat a viper street racing...way to go.

Having been in several Vipers from several different years....my guess is he wasnt trying or missed a shift and gave up. Once he gets rolling he would have reeled you in VERY quickly.

Your setup might make peak torque what he makes at 3k rpms.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    IBRaysayssomethingohwaitIamRay.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.