18G vs V I P E R SRT10 on 8 MILE - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 18G vs V I P E R SRT10 on 8 MILE within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hmmmm ok lets see. 18G. Lets just assume you have a nice 300 WHP car there k? according to Wikipedia: ...

hmmmm ok lets see.

18G. Lets just assume you have a nice 300 WHP car there k?

according to Wikipedia:

SRT10 92'-95'
    The engine weighed 711 lb (323 kg) and produced 400 hp (298 kW) at 4600 rpm and 465 ftlbf (630 Nm) of torque at 3600 rpm

it was also very light in comparison to modern Ferraris with a curb weight of 3280 lb (1488 kg)

# 0-60: 4.5 sec
    # 0-100: 10.0 sec
    # quarter mile: 12.5 sec @ 120 mph (193 km/h)
    # top speed: +180 mph (290 km/h) (confirmed by Road and Track magazine / 1992)

SRT10 96'-2002
    450 bhp
    # 0-60: 4.0 sec
    # 0-100: 8.6 sec
    # quarter mile: 12.2 sec @ 118 mph (190 km/h)
    # top speed: +190 mph (306 km/h)

Anything newer than 2002 is a waste of time comparing to you.

lets say it was a 92' k? 400HP with less drivetrain loss> 300 WHP. And with 465 ftlbs....Gobs more torque.
    Can you run faster than a 12.5 quarter mile?

Ya im pretty sure he wasnt racing you, more like seeing how much gas it would take to stay with you....then deciding it wasnt worth the gas.

my .02$

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xsnapshot View Post
    hmmmm ok lets see.

18G. Lets just assume you have a nice 300 WHP car there k?

according to Wikipedia:

SRT10 92'-95'
    The engine weighed 711 lb (323 kg) and produced 400 hp (298 kW) at 4600 rpm and 465 ftlbf (630 Nm) of torque at 3600 rpm

it was also very light in comparison to modern Ferraris with a curb weight of 3280 lb (1488 kg)

# 0-60: 4.5 sec
    # 0-100: 10.0 sec
    # quarter mile: 12.5 sec @ 120 mph (193 km/h)
    # top speed: +180 mph (290 km/h) (confirmed by Road and Track magazine / 1992)

SRT10 96'-2002
    450 bhp
    # 0-60: 4.0 sec
    # 0-100: 8.6 sec
    # quarter mile: 12.2 sec @ 118 mph (190 km/h)
    # top speed: +190 mph (306 km/h)

Anything newer than 2002 is a waste of time comparing to you.

lets say it was a 92' k? 400HP with less drivetrain loss> 300 WHP. And with 465 ftlbs....Gobs more torque.
    Can you run faster than a 12.5 quarter mile?

Ya im pretty sure he wasnt racing you, more like seeing how much gas it would take to stay with you....then deciding it wasnt worth the gas.

my .02$

Don't forget we are dealing with human drivers...not professional drivers.

Look at Fast Dodge Vipers 1/4 Mile 0-60 Drag Racing - DragTimes.com

and you will see that with a bad driver, those figures can easly be thrown out the window.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

op should be sterilized
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    You sir are an ass. I pray when you lose control of your car you only extinguish your own worthless life instead of innocent people in your path.
    While I hope for that as well, don't do it in the rex, as it will cause higher insurance for the rest of us.

Go get a rental car and see how many times you can roll it, then report back to us.
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

IBTL

Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    Since you dont' live close to Detroit or 8 Miles, let me paint the picture a little better.
    don't waste you're breath. they're legends in their own minds.

Gunnison Colorado/ Oklahoma City (over summers)
    I have found that their are alot of street racer haters on this site but i say power to ya. I came was driving home from work last summer and i just so happen to run into my friends dad tht owns 3 vipers 2 corvetts and a new ford GT.. Yeah its a prety nice garage. But anywho i rolled up on him in his Ford GT and all i have to say is my WRX stood no chance. Before i even knew the race was going it was over.... after we stopped and talked at sonic when he offered me a ride in his crazy ****ing car. That was probably the fastest car i had ever been in. Hands down.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    don't waste you're breath. they're legends in their own minds.
    Still waiting for a logical defense of your pro-streetracing philosophy, rather than these lame insults.

You seem to be saying that if a streetracer makes a snap judgment that a piece of public road is "safe" to race on, then somehow that discounts all inherent hazards; animals, potholes, cars that you didn't notice while revving and looking macho (100 cars behind him means that it's almost a sure thing that there are more ahead), etc.

He's admitted that there were people at a bus stop in the vicinity. That means sidewalks and people, some of which are probably close by. Your assertion is that I'm to trust the judgment of streetracers with regard to how close they can race near me while I'm minding my own business on the sidewalk?

Please defend this. I'm really anxious to hear something other than BS namecalling to support this.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Let me put it this way...if anyone of you had the chance...would you take the once in a life time race? or go home crying because you were scared and did not want to know...WHAT IF?

I was scared at first...but thought ...hey...this chance will never come again.

I'm sure 99% of you will ever see a VIPER, let alone go head to head with one.

I took my chance and I was very suprized at the outcome.

Don't think too deep guys...there has been far worse races on this forum and other forum.

This is minor.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    Let me put it this way...if anyone of you had the chance...would you take the once in a life time race? or go home crying because you were scared and did not want to know...WHAT IF?
    It's called self control. Grow up, and learn some. I know it's hard to resist whipping your **** out to prove it's bigger when you need constant reassuring. Lame man, lame.

There's no such thing as a safe street race or "perfect condition" for a street race bud. If you have common sense you would know better to take it to the tracks.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Doesn't any post by the OP usually end up getting locked?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens dont wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang
    I'm sure 99% of you will [n?]ever see a VIPER, let alone go head to head with one.
    There are two across the street from my work as we speak - I have no desire to race them.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    It's called self control. Grow up, and learn some. I know it's hard to resist whipping your **** out to prove it's bigger when you need constant reassuring. Lame man, lame.
    stop lying you know you cry every time you have a chance to pop your blow off valve at an enzo but you wuss out because your scared to look like a total retard and fear the loss of your freedom, or worse taking an innocent persons life.

what a Mangina you are.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    stop lying you know you cry every time you have a chance to pop your blow off valve at an enzo but you wuss out because your scared to look like a total retard and fear the loss of your freedom, or worse taking an innocent persons life.

what a Mangina you are.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast