06 stg 2 vs 05 Sti stock

This is a discussion on 06 stg 2 vs 05 Sti stock within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok the other night I am on this access road near my house and this STI rolls up on me ...

06 stg 2 vs 05 Sti stock

Ok the other night I am on this access road near my house and this STI rolls up on me revving up like he wants to race. I have never raced an STI before so I was game just to see how my car stacked up. The only visible/audible mods on the STI was BOV, CF trunk & CBE. So we go from a 20mph roll and he gets me at first but I start pulling to about a half a car and we shut down???? Ok now I am amazed. So we line up at the light again he gets me off the line and then I just keep pulling on him up to about 75-80ish??? I know he was getting on it I could see his shift light flashing. So does that sound right stg2 WRX>Stock Sti?? Really not trying to brag so dont flame me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Drivers race
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Could go either way - but, the edge is slightly in your favor. You've got about the same amount of horsepower but you should have a bit more torque than him which explains you pulling on him at the lower speeds. He got the jump on you because of the shorter 1st gear he has. If you would have gotten up above 100mph you would have probably stopped pulling as much.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

with My Cobb OTS stg 2 map I could pull on stock STI's. Pulled on an Evo once as well ( no idea on set up)

I have yet to go against one with my pro-tune but Im sure it would be an eye opener.
    Sonic Wagon
    P.R.E. Tuned 249 WHP

如此親吻 我的臀部猴子男孩 !!

I Support ClubWRX
    I know my protune stage 2 is faster than a stock STi, but cobb stage 2, I dunno.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

STOCK STI + garbage driver= wrx wins...
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

the reason he got you off the line was because he has those short gears wrx's gears are so dam long....i can do 80 in fifth... and be a lil above 3 grand.. my spyder would be over 4 grand at 80mph in fifth.
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    to be fair the STI was less than stock. besides the BOV there was probably hot air intake.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~