G8 GT WRX "kill"

This is a discussion on G8 GT WRX "kill" within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just thought i'd share as i was excited to see one in person... driving through town the other day and ...

G8 GT WRX "kill"

just thought i'd share as i was excited to see one in person... driving through town the other day and a younger guy in a really nice looking G8 GT cruised up behind me. pulled around me and paced me for a mile or so. watched him fall back about 3 car lengths and then he hit it and was gonna try flying past me. we were rolling at about 35ish. I slammed it into second while he was just about on my rear quarter and pretty much instantly matched his pace and pulled ahead a couple car lengths by the time we had to slow down... which was not very long. i dunno which "GT" model it was... but i was actually quite dissapointed to see it fail so bad. I'm stock and expected him to at least put up a better fight.
    yup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The G8 is a nice looking car but i think unless you get the GTP version you basically have a slow car. I raced a Moch 3 Mustang the other day and he did beat me but not by the extra 40grand he paid for his car, either that or he was just a really bad driver.

Nice kill.

I'm a little confused though - what's a "Moch 3 Mustang"? I've heard of the Mach 1 but that's definitely not $40k more.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by 08WRXNick View Post
    I raced a Moch 3 Mustang the other day and he did beat me but not by the extra 40grand he paid for his car, either that or he was just a really bad driver.
    I think you mean "Roush 3" Mustang... Which are usually just labeled so as a replica and include nothing over a GT mustang than some body work and an intake/exhaust sytem.
    In reality, he probably didn't pay more than a few grand over what you did, considering a stock GT costs nearly identical to that of a WRX.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    just thought i'd share as i was excited to see one in person... driving through town the other day and a younger guy in a really nice looking G8 GT cruised up behind me. pulled around me and paced me for a mile or so. watched him fall back about 3 car lengths and then he hit it and was gonna try flying past me. we were rolling at about 35ish. I slammed it into second while he was just about on my rear quarter and pretty much instantly matched his pace and pulled ahead a couple car lengths by the time we had to slow down... which was not very long. i dunno which "GT" model it was... but i was actually quite dissapointed to see it fail so bad. I'm stock and expected him to at least put up a better fight.
    You sure it was a GT?

This is surprising considering the GT is a mid 13sec car @ 102/103mph +.
    And you're stock.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I'm sure it was a GT. I didn't look under the hood or anything but it was badged as a GT and looked like a full trim package. tis possible he wasn't full out... and it's also possible that had the situation lasted a little longer the results would have changed... lol... but all in all, i expected to get stomped on. and didn't... so that was good fun.

and also... i thought it was the GXP's that were the mid 13's @ ~108...
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    I'm sure it was a GT. I didn't look under the hood or anything but it was badged as a GT and looked like a full trim package. tis possible he wasn't full out... and it's also possible that had the situation lasted a little longer the results would have changed... lol... but all in all, i expected to get stomped on. and didn't... so that was good fun.

and also... i thought it was the GXP's that were the mid 13's @ ~108...
    I don't know about the GXP (I don't think they're in the U.S. yet) but just about every magazine that has tested the GT version is getting mid-high 13's with trap speeds anywhere from 103-105.

If there is a GXP coming, I would assume it would have to be a 12sec @ 110mph+ car... something with performance similar to the M5, CTS-V, etc...
    Just call me Clark Kent

There are currently only two versions of the G8 sold in the U.S., the regular G8 sedan and the G8 GT. The sedan gets the universal GM 3.6L V-6 making 256/248, while the GT gets the 6.0L V-8 (LS2 I think) making 361/385. Both look strikingly similar with the same hood scoops, fender vents, and dual exhaust. You'd probably be hard pressed to tell the difference driving past one. Also of note, both versions of the G8 are currently offered only as automatics. The sedan has a 5 speed auto and the GT has a 6 speed slush box.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

this was badged as a GT... and i think you might be wrong on the GT carrying the LS2... 6.0 yes... they wiegh 4k pounds though... ouch. i might have just caught him at a bad time... i really like the way they look... my GF wants one... i told her to wait a couple years...
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by 08WRXNick View Post
    The G8 is a nice looking car but i think unless you get the GTP version you basically have a slow car. I raced a Moch 3 Mustang the other day and he did beat me but not by the extra 40grand he paid for his car, either that or he was just a really bad driver.
    You shouldn't open your mouth unless you know what you're talking about. There is no GTP G8. The G8 GT is capable of running 13s all day in stock trim. The GTs V8 is putting out 361 horse, so what is that to the wheels, 330ish? And what the hell is a Moch 3 Mustang? And the GT doesn't have the LS2, but the 400+ horse GXP that's coming will have an LS3. The GT has the L76 V8.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ismegamanthere View Post
    You shouldn't open your mouth unless you know what you're talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 33648172.jpg  
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright