2006 wrx VS. c5 corvette how they stack up - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2006 wrx VS. c5 corvette how they stack up within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Calling a Vette a drag machine doesnt due it's just. If you havent driven one they handle rather well. The ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Calling a Vette a drag machine doesnt due it's just. If you havent driven one they handle rather well. The last one I was in was a C-4 and was really impressed. Would love to get some wheel time behind a C5 z06.

Later model vette's are VERY well rounded...not just drag cars.

I do agree comparing them is odd as I highly doubt many buyers are in the same market.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User boardinshorty81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Calling a Vette a drag machine doesnt due it's just. If you havent driven one they handle rather well. The last one I was in was a C-4 and was really impressed. Would love to get some wheel time behind a C5 z06.

Later model vette's are VERY well rounded...not just drag cars.

I do agree comparing them is odd as I highly doubt many buyers are in the same market.
    Yea I mean I havn't driven one so I don't know, but it is nice to see that someone else sees where I am comming from.

I raced my friends 02 c5 (stock)MT from a dig. I have a 02 wrx stg2 OTS map also 5MT and we stayed even til about i hit the top of third gear at about 85 or so. Then he started to walk. The shift into forth (very tall gear) is what hurts the wrx.

just letting you guys know that is as close as I have come. And we have raced multiple times.... with roughly the same outcome everytime.

I don't believe anyone is "arguing" about it... Coming across a Corvette on the track or the street is a somewhat common occurrence for many people. It can be fun to see how you hold up to that benchmark of performance, or what it would take to stay close, or even leave it staring at your tail lights in amazement...

When two enthusiasts put the pedal down in a contest, I don't think either one really cares whether or not their cars "are in the same class" or "which one costs more". A sore loser may say something to that effect afterwards, however...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boardinshorty81 View Post
    I don't know why we are wondering about how a WRX stacks up against a corvette becuase the are different cars. Not only that but they are also completely different costs as well. A WRX is a 20k to 30k rally inspired street demon and a corvette is a 40k upwards(not sure I just know they are expensive) drag machine that defines American culture. If you take the value of a corvette and put into a WRX then you might have a race, but why worry about how a completely different car goes up against another different one. It is like getting a burger from a grill or from Macdonald's, they are different and you get them for different reasons.
    I am not usually confrontational, but this seems a little bit ridiculous to me, thats all.
    Because it's fun to beat another car that is more expensive and thinks he is going to win. being matched up with a vette could happen easily so he just wants to know how he would do. Great question!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.