2006 wrx VS. c5 corvette how they stack up - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 wrx VS. c5 corvette how they stack up within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jmp2006 Actually, if you read some of the previous posts you'll see that he doesn't need an ...

Quote Originally Posted by jmp2006 View Post
    Actually, if you read some of the previous posts you'll see that he doesn't need an STI and there's no need to imagine all the work that needs to be put into the regular WRX 'cause it's mostly spelled out for you.

To the OP - if you've got the money to dump into the WRX you can make it as fast as you want to.
    +1
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Cobb Stage 2 AP/MBC @ 17 Psi, 13.62@103.48 Stage 1 Suspension, Stage 1 Brakes, Lightened Pulley, Header wrap, Crucial Up & Down pipes, Axel back, Sloted brake discs, Walbro 255l/hr, FPR crush mod, STI Hood Scoop & Splitter, Hood vents with fans, 3/4" IC Tilt & water sprayer, IC insulated from engine heat, Before & after IC temp. probes, +... http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/wrxdrvr/ . Albums wrxdrvr, ICmod, Info. A stock topmount that's AS GOOD as a front mount (that's the same size)

just an example. this sounds like a lot of work for not that fast! to do all this work and only run a 13.62 seems like a waste of time. u need an sti
    Last edited by chrisp; 04-12-2008 at 07:46 PM.

That's just retarded. There are plenty of plain Stage 2 WRXs that run 13.6 1/4 miles. No need to pick on someone who did a whole lot of work on their car only to find out that they can't drive.

Besides, what do the Stage 1 brake kit and STI hood scoop add to the straight line performance.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

if you can't go 14.0 in even a stock 02wrx 5spd you need more practice. as well as deep 13s high 12s in a stock sti. i assume both 06+wrx's and sti's should be even faster in stock from. less cash on mods and more on driving practice.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
    Cobb Stage 2 AP/MBC @ 17 Psi, 13.62@103.48 Stage 1 Suspension, Stage 1 Brakes, Lightened Pulley, Header wrap, Crucial Up & Down pipes, Axel back, Sloted brake discs, Walbro 255l/hr, FPR crush mod, STI Hood Scoop & Splitter, Hood vents with fans, 3/4" IC Tilt & water sprayer, IC insulated from engine heat, Before & after IC temp. probes, +... http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/wrxdrvr/ . Albums wrxdrvr, ICmod, Info. A stock topmount that's AS GOOD as a front mount (that's the same size)

just an example. this sounds like a lot of work for not that fast! to do all this work and only run a 13.62 seems like a waste of time. u need an sti
    Dude, you need to do some more searching...

I ran a 13.4@101 with basic catted stage2. The guy you are referencing either cant drive or his setup is not correct.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

Banned
    That's just retarded. There are plenty of plain Stage 2 WRXs that run 13.6 1/4 miles. No need to pick on someone who did a whole lot of work on their car only to find out that they can't drive.

Besides, what do the Stage 1 brake kit and STI hood scoop add to the straight line performance.
    im not picking on this guy, just using it as an example. this kind of performance wouldnt even come close when racing a corvette, but like everyone says it could just be the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp View Post

I went 13.3 with less mods than that in my 02 before.

With my current mods, I am pretty sure i'll be in the very high 12's this summer on the stock turbo and motor
    You chose a car with $1,500 worth of more or less pointless mods for a stage2 setup.

Many good drivers hit mid-low 13's your basic stage2 setup and good driving.

Again, trying to play power-catchup with a C5 vette is a very uphill battle. However, properly driven stage2 wrx's will run close, and protuned ones might even pull a car or so. The roll is where it gets ugly, and a Z06... well... forgetaboutit.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    if you can't go 14.0 in even a stock 02wrx 5spd you need more practice. as well as deep 13s high 12s in a stock sti. i assume both 06+wrx's and sti's should be even faster in stock from. less cash on mods and more on driving practice.
    wow if u run 14.0 on a stock wrx and ur not drag racing , you need to be. because SportCompactCar Magazines pro driver ran 14.1 and
    Road & Tracks driver ran a 14.4. so guys that do this for a living ur up with them. get r done.... go to wrx specs if you want more info.
    Last edited by justin.jordan2; 04-14-2008 at 04:39 AM. Reason: ON A 2005 WRX
    COBB FLASHED STAGE 2, UPPIPE, DOWNPIPE WITH HIGH FLOW CAT, AND FULL 3 INCH CAT BACK, 160 CRUCIAL RACING THERMOSTAT, K&N FILTER. TRACK: 1/4 MILE 13.66 102.7 MPH ON THE COBB OTS MAP

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    wow if u run 14.0 on a stock wrx and ur not drag racing , you need to be. because SportCompactCar Magazines pro driver ran 14.1 and
    Road & Tracks driver ran a 14.4. so guys that do this for a living ur up with them. get r done.... go to wrx specs if you want more info.
    Well, the '06+ WRXs are capable of high 13's stock. There's at least one guy on here who did a 13.7 stock, I believe. Do some searching and you'll find his thread I'm sure. And, there are plenty of others who have done 13.9s in stock form. Now, just because the car is capable of such times doesn't mean that the driver can do it.

New to all this.

Hey everyone , I'm new to this wrx thing I just bought an 06 TR and was just wondering what the stage 2 setup consists of?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsnl98
    Hey everyone , I'm new to this wrx thing I just bought an 06 TR and was just wondering what the stage 2 setup consists of?
    Downpipe (removal of the 2 factory catalytic converters - either fully catless or a single high-flow cat) and an ECU reflash
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Banned
    for the record, I bet their is not a single person on this whole forum with a stage 2 wrx that has beaten a vette. not even a zo6 just a regular vette. I garaunteeeee all you guys that talk a big game havent even come close. not trying to be a dink just trying to prove a point.

Banned
    Well, the '06+ WRXs are capable of high 13's stock. There's at least one guy on here who did a 13.7 stock, I believe. Do some searching and you'll find his thread I'm sure. And, there are plenty of others who have done 13.9s in stock form. Now, just because the car is capable of such times doesn't mean that the driver can do it.
    those numbers are decieving, because it depends which part of the country your running in. your times could fluctuate almost a full second depending on how high you are above sea level and the temp. you cant assume that all 06 wrx's can run 13.7. they cant.

I'm simply stating that the car is "capable" of those times. I was by no means implying that everyone in every part of the country can do those numbers. And, if we're going to do paper racing then we'll have to take the times that the cars are capable of and pit them against each other. As to your other point, whether or not any of us have ever beaten an Corvette is irrelevant. The OP was simply asking what it would take to beat one and I think we've answered that question for him.

I have beaten a corvette in a WRX before. It was an 03 z06. I had 400whp with an SZ49 on a fully built 2.5 STi block with JDM Spec C heads, STi 6mt, turboxs fmic, all supporting mods. That car had about 45k invested in it at the point where I was beating cars like Z06's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast