My EVO IX (R RED) vs White Wingless STi chicago 294 N. bound

This is a discussion on My EVO IX (R RED) vs White Wingless STi chicago 294 N. bound within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sat around 12pm 294 north bound Ever since leaving the subie world i had my first run in with a ...

Thumbs up My EVO IX (R RED) vs White Wingless STi chicago 294 N. bound

Sat around 12pm 294 north bound

Ever since leaving the subie world i had my first run in with a STi... this guy had a White STi w/ Gold BBS / black mudflaps/ looked like he had a COB TBE and Stage 2 / was also wingless and debaged..

Any how i was behind him for the longest and then finally on a nice open strech we went for it...(started at 80mph)

since i started from behind he had an instant lead of 1 car but was nice enough to move over once he saw me start to gain on him... by 110 we were neck to neck and then by 130 i was clearly 2-3 cars ahead of him...

As for my IX ... it has bolt on's and has been tuned by the very best chicagoland Subie Tuner (JORGE Carrilo P&L Motorsports).

It was a nice race... i gave the driver a thumbs up...and let off
    2006 RR EVO IX GSr, AMS 3" HFC TBE,Painted Black and Cut to Fit JDM Bumper,Hallman Pro Boost Controller (24 Psi),AMS Cone Intake,JDM rear Bumper with EDM Badging, 312WHP and 291WTQ @ 24PSI
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L Motorsports

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

street racing ftl.

Oh boo hoo. From his description it was an open interstate run. That's far safer than people weaving through rush hour traffic.

It's not any more legal, mind you, but a couple of guys making a quick run is a pretty common thing.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

i would have rather seen you guys drop down to 40 or 50 then go, but sad news none the less. Good kill... i suppose.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

unlike EVO owners... I have noticed STi owners to be a lot more sensible when it comes to Street racing...

So both of us made sure first that we cleared the traffic and then went for it when the next cars were atleast 2 to 3 miles ahead..
    2006 RR EVO IX GSr, AMS 3" HFC TBE,Painted Black and Cut to Fit JDM Bumper,Hallman Pro Boost Controller (24 Psi),AMS Cone Intake,JDM rear Bumper with EDM Badging, 312WHP and 291WTQ @ 24PSI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    It's not any more legal, mind you, but a couple of guys making a quick run is a pretty common thing.
    "Common" = smart?
    Not by my reckoning. Sounds like rationalization.

I'm with the 2nd poster. 130mph on American public highways is stupid.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

It may not be something I'd do (now), but I won't automatically condemn somebody who does it either.

It's been my experience that the faster the car is, the more "sanely" it gets driven on the street. The 200hp guys always have something to prove while the 500hp guys keep it more on the track.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    It may not be something I'd do (now), but I won't automatically condemn somebody who does it either.
    No problem; I got it covered.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

nice kill
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm with the 2nd poster. 130mph on American public highways is stupid.
    Absolutely.

I'll be the first to admit that I've been stupid a few times in my STi though when I've found an empty highway ahead of me for a mile or two and no place for a cop to hide.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

no matter how empty the road is...you don't know what type of conditions lie ahead, potholes, wet spots (in the winter, ice), gravel, sand...etc...

do you know what a pot hole can do to a car at 130mph?
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    no matter how empty the road is...you don't know what type of conditions lie ahead, potholes, wet spots (in the winter, ice), gravel, sand...etc...

do you know what a pot hole can do to a car at 130mph?

I totally agree with you on this... its just that the road was dry (warm weather is finally here) and there are no pot holes on 294 near Ohare airport...

However there are a **** load of cops that would just love impound a RR evo and a White STi.

I do take the blame for stupidity on my part...

I just posted on here in a hope of finding the owner of the STi and ask what he had done to his car?

Being a Former Subie owner myself .... i still miss the rumble of my Boxer.

dunno man even if the road is wide open drag racing is still a bad idea. I seen too many horror stories where I'm sure there are no cars around and somehow someone ends up wrapped around a tree. Please leave the drag racing to the tracks. Its in a controlled environment with professionals around just in case something does happen. Congrats on the Evo man, makes me miss mine.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    i disagree. 130mph on urban highways is unwise. 130 mph in the desert outback of the west is no big deal (weather, mechanical, and other conditions considered, of course).
    I have no experience driving around in the desert, so I'll take your word for it that this is a perfectly safe activity. Of course, I'm also willing to bet that 99.9% of the people here that brag about their triple digit speeds aren't driving around in the desert.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited