WRX vs. Explorer vs. Impreza

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Explorer vs. Impreza within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was headed up onto the Highland Plateau and was really looking forward to the section of 64 that ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

WRX vs. Explorer vs. Impreza

So I was headed up onto the Highland Plateau and was really looking forward to the section of 64 that snakes up along the cliff last night. I took advantage of an uphill passing lane to clear a group of cars I had been catching up to, leaving them a respectful buffer and then resuming my normal pace (slow enough to avoid a ticket). Apparently the older explorer in front took this as an offense though and came rushing up behind me, tailgating with its fog lights on.

Thankfully the first extensive set of corners arrived shortly, after which I could no longer see their lights (45mph road with corners marked as low as 15mph), but then when there was a really long straight they came flying back up on me. I was tempted to pull over but it is a rather remote area and the driver was obviously manic.

This happened a couple of times, then shortly after the falls side tavern I saw glimpses of another set of lights catching us both from way behind - I was impressed thoroughly by this. Then on around the third or fourth straight I saw the explorer signal to turn, then I saw the blue lights emerge from behind it. I'm sure they were looking at a wreckless for the way they were bombing the straights (and probably cutting the corners too), plus maybe something for they way they were riding my ass.

Ok decent story so far, but still not worth posting. However, today, driving back down I noticed the local station, and the police cars were 06 style Imprezas. Apparently they also know how to drive them. Hats off to that officer and their Subaru.

Disclaimer -
    I kept a reasonable margin of saftey, always stayed on my side, and don't think I would have even gotten a warning for speeding at any point.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not a WRX. Cops almost always have some pretty fast cars. Still thats pretty cool, i've never heard of a station with imprezas
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Banned
    That is cool, wonder what they have under the hood. Probalby a hemi

[QUOTE=I noticed the local station, and the police cars were 06 style Imprezas. Apparently they also know how to drive them. Hats off to that officer and their Subaru.

Disclaimer -
    I kept a reasonable margin of saftey, always stayed on my side, and don't think I would have even gotten a warning for speeding at any point.[/QUOTE]

what state, city was the police car from?
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The building was on the side of 64 in NC, I noticed it while passing by and it had a big badge on the front, and the Imprezas out front with light racks. I could not tell for sure but they did not look like WRXs or Stis. It was near Cashiers.

Why do you ask?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Midway through lifes journey the Explorer lost his way...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

that's stinking awesome. I dont live there, but I do go up to the boone/blowing rock area a good bit in the subie. I'd love to get pulled by one haha