evo's are not scared but wrx? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on evo's are not scared but wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by UR MOTHA Well...it's not unheard of. I wouldn't say "just a tune", but close. And yes definitely ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UR MOTHA View Post
    Well...it's not unheard of. I wouldn't say "just a tune", but close. And yes definitely depends on the dyno. But most IXs need exhaust mods and boost control (ecu or otherwise, but even ecu boost requires minor modifications i.e. pill) to be in the ballpark of 300whp.
    right on the button

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's nothing magical about the Evo or how it makes power. Mitsubishi gave it a large turbo (compared to its displacement) while Subaru has always been stingy with the snail.

Mitsubishi gave the Evo a real FMIC, not the top mount bbq grill that Subies get stuck with. It's got a robust fuel setup too, that isn't out of capacity until the turbo is too.

To top it all off, the parts to make your Subaru equal are subject to the Subaru Owner's Tax, by which everything is marked up 200% over what it should be worth.

I wouldn't try to run 30 psi on the stock engine like Evo owners do, but then again, I won't ever have to. I'll be quite happy in the 21-22 psi range when mods are complete.

People were jealous of the Supra because all it needs is a downpipe & MBC to hit 117+ mph traps. Again - it's a case of having the right components from the factory vs. having to add them yourself.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll applaud all of our EVO's owners for acting rather respectful this whole thread....I honestly had no idea we had so many EVO owners on this board.

This thread was rather silly from the start....starting basically a flame war for the car that this forum is based on makes no sense.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123