evo's are not scared but wrx? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on evo's are not scared but wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Weasel 555 Hey look at my sig I think we have a taker....

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Hey look at my sig I think we have a taker.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

evo's may be cheapper to upgrade and faster but.. What is the point of having a really fast car if it breaks all the time?? This is why i got a subaru not a evo..
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Megan type 2 Stealth Catback
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ

Quote Originally Posted by Havok_60 View Post
    evo's may be cheapper to upgrade and faster but.. What is the point of having a really fast car if it breaks all the time?? This is why i got a subaru not a evo..
    With a 5yr/50k bumper to bumper and 10yr/100k powertrain, I'm not too worried about it Besides, Evos are surprisingly reliable, not sure where you got the impression that they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok_60 View Post
    The axel broke on my 04 wrx and I got it new. It snapped at 35k miles and I babied that car. Was not launching. Never mind the transmission that felt like it was gonna blow up if I screwed up just this --- much. I wouldn't say that my old rex would be any more reliable than a mitsi evo.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Quote Originally Posted by UR MOTHA View Post
    With a 5yr/50k bumper to bumper and 10yr/100k powertrain, I'm not too worried about it Besides, Evos are surprisingly reliable, not sure where you got the impression that they're not.
    thank you sir! Southcoast mitsu is tuner friendly, no warranty voids
    Boostin!

when i was test driving cars i looked at a brand new one and it flooded right there on the lot. plus Mitsubishi from what i have heard is uber anal about any moding interms of warrenies on thier cars. So in the end if the company is not going to stand behind you if you mod your car then whats the point of the warrent unless you aren't going to mod your car... Sorry don't mean to sound like a whole..
    Last edited by Havok_60; 03-28-2008 at 06:10 PM.
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ

I've had my Evo since April of '06 and had zero problems with it. Granted, it's not my daily driver, but even so it's been flawless, even with being modified.

I think a lot of it comes down to how you treat the car. I extensively research the mods I do to make sure I'm getting a quality part, and don't just throw on any old thing I see on eBay. I'm also not launching at every stoplight and generally take care of the car like it's an exotic.

I'm not saying that the cars don't have problems (the clutch is notoriously weak), but I think it's a fallacy put out by the Subaru fanbois to say that the Evo isn't a reliable car. There's problem vehicles out there to be sure, but the same can be said for any brand.

yeah right

I have a 04 wrx with a coulple of bolt ons and i know for a fact that i can beat an evo why cause i have and they had the some what the same mods that i do its sad but what im about to say is true " Its the DRIVER not the car most of the time ok" I bet if i got into those evos i couldve beat my wrx but i guess i was a better driver than they were keep that in mind next time any of you guys race

Sti mod for mod with an Evo is a closer race. I'm not sure how a bolt on wrx can out run a evo with bolt on unless your friend is learning how to drive a stick. lets be real here..
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

sorry the two guys i race just told me what they had and we race so you tell me whats goin on lol i was surprised to when i beat them

Yah i agree, it does depend on the person driving the car and if the person tries to achieve crazy amounts of hp through modding. I guess Evos's just have a bad rap because they are made by Mitsubishi.. I just never heard of a brand new subie flooding like that..
    -07 STI Black
    -K&N Dropp In filter
    -Indash nav unit (Soon)
    -Protuned By Bobby @ PRE
    277WHP & 302TQ

I Support ClubWRX
    These "streetracer soap opera" threads are beginning to give me a migraine.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

speaking of evos... i got my strock wrx ass handed to me... not like i thought the results would be different... but oh well...
    yup

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post
    speaking of evos... i got my strock wrx ass handed to me... not like i thought the results would be different... but oh well...

Why not form one complete sentence?
    Is that too hard?

WTF
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

fre
    I got just over 300 passes out of my tranny before it finally gave up the ghost. 6-7k launches. Obviously, this is on an aftermarket clutch. I would say the car is built pretty well. The engine still going strong at 76k on the odometer with plenty of 28psi+ passes under its belt. Only thing I have done maintainence wise on the engine is timing belt and water pump and the obvious oil and spark plug changes. We will see how this Sheppard tranny holds up. Of course I went into it knowing I was going to void my warranty anyway.

As far as modability goes, I think you can get more out of the 4g63 with out having to rebuild the block, which is why I went with it. The wrx is a very nice car though and it really depends on what you want to use your car for. I wanted a drag racer that could also corner decently. This being said I would say nothing bad to anyone willing to build up a wrx as a dragster, I think they have potential if done properly. It all comes down to personal preference.
    Last edited by fre; 03-28-2008 at 08:23 PM.
    11.1 @ 131

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.