2003 wrx vs. 2007 gt500 - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2003 wrx vs. 2007 gt500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 WELL UR IN FORTH HOW MUCH BOOST ARE YOU RUNNING ...... BUT MY GUESS IS YOU ...

Quote Originally Posted by justin.jordan2 View Post
    WELL UR IN FORTH HOW MUCH BOOST ARE YOU RUNNING ...... BUT MY GUESS IS YOU SHOULD TAKE IT AFTER UR SPOOL UP..... HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE CLOSE CALL
    OH AND THE 2007 GT500 IS 450HP OR A LIL ABOVE. NOT 500HP SORRY....
    Would someone ban this kid? seriously... you have NO IDEA what you are talking about...

Sorry man... any way you look at it... a stage 2 wrx is not gonna stand a chance from a 60 mph roll against a GT500... sorry... unless the GT500 driver is a complete moron... and btw... the GT500 does have 500 hp... get your info straight before you start runnin your mouth...
    Last edited by Ret030; 03-26-2008 at 06:02 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OH AND THE 2007 GT500 IS 450HP OR A LIL ABOVE. NOT 500HP SORRY....
    The 2007 GT500 is 500hp. Go here to see:
    http://www.carsdirect.com/research/m...=645&year=2007

Also, you're not going to get a Stage 2 WRX to put down anywhere near 300whp; I don't care who tuned it.

On a personal note, I suggest you stop misinforming people now before it gets worse. It's not the first time you've been caught in the wrong. In case you forgot, you're apparently the only person on here who can get to 80mph in 2nd gear. The admins have already pointed out to you that you should be careful with the things you say because there are some people on here that will call you out on them. Be careful or you'll turn into one of those people who's opinions become meaningless because you're consistently wrong.

Just a bit of friendly advice - do yourself a favor and research the numbers before you post stuff up.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Y DONT YOU READ THE WHOLE THREAD I DIDNT SAY HE WOULD BEAT HIM. PLUS ITS NOT MY CAR. AND HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A GT 500 JUST SO YOU KNOW THE SRT8 CHARGER THEY RUN CLOSE HP SO UR SAYING WRX WONT BEAT SRT8 CHARGER. PLUS ITS ALL ABOUT POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.THINK.

WELL JUST SO YOU KNOW I HAVE DONE RESEARCH I LOOKED IT UP BEFOR YOU THEY SAY IT HAS 500 HP JUST LIKE THE STI HAVEN 300 HP BUT IT DOESNT DOES IT.....

You're apparently not taking my friendly advice.

Dodge Charger - 425hp
    Ford GT500 - 500hp

Please do your research before you stick your foot any further into your mouth.

The WRX driver would most likely lose to both from a 60mph roll, but has almost no chance whatsoever against the GT500.

SORRY IT WAS 475 EST, SO IT MIGHT NOT EVEN MAKE THAT.......

Y DONT YOU READ THE WHOLE THREAD I DIDNT SAY HE WOULD BEAT HIM. PLUS ITS NOT MY CAR. AND HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A GT 500 JUST SO YOU KNOW THE SRT8 CHARGER THEY RUN CLOSE HP SO UR SAYING WRX WONT BEAT SRT8 CHARGER. PLUS ITS ALL ABOUT POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.THINK.
    WELL JUST SO YOU KNOW I HAVE DONE RESEARCH I LOOKED IT UP BEFOR YOU THEY SAY IT HAS 500 HP JUST LIKE THE STI HAVEN 300 HP BUT IT DOESNT DOES IT.....
    A wrx will definitely have its hands full with a srt 8 charger... trust me... my friends dad has a srt8 300c... and yeah... they are fast...

you seriously need to do some more research on cars in general... wrx's are not the fastest cars in the world... and if this keeps going... i definitely see this thread being shut down like the last one I saw you post in...

Don't ruin this site... please... get your info straight...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

I SAID THE WERE IN THE SAME BALL PARK I KNOW THE SRT8 HAS 425HP AND THAT IT HAS BREMBO BRAKES..... SO DID THAT RESEARCH TOO SORRY....

WHY DONT READ THE THREAD I NEVER SAID THEY WOULD BEAT EITHER OF THEM. I SAID THE RUN IN THE SAME HP RANGE.

WHY DONT READ THE THREAD I NEVER SAID THEY WOULD BEAT EITHER OF THEM. I SAID THE RUN IN THE SAME HP RANGE.
    Ok... before I lose any more brain cells from listening to your ranting... I'm outta here... admin's you seriously need to do something with this kid...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    ok.. well when i asked him he said he drove a 5.4L, ive tried looking and the only 5.4L was supercharged...

i raced him from a 60 mph, and it was about dead even.....

The 5.4L is definitely supercharged...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxisthebest View Post
    ya.. thats about right... but i also did race a stage 2 05 sti last night from a 45 mph roll in second and i held right next to him until he braked... i was also running cobbs 93 octane stage 2 map, but when i raced the mustang, i was on a 91 octane stage 2 map...

My guess is that you have a complete factory freak... you should not hold up to a stage 2 sti... unless you are beyond stage 2...

Something doesn't sound right... are you sure both of these people could drive?? hahaha... you should get your *** handed to you by both...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!

OK, for the last time:

OP - you're gonna lose, period.

justin - I know that you've said that the OP will lose to either car. That's not where the argument lies. The problem is that you seem to throw numbers around without backing anything up and when people call you out on them and correct you, you still won't concede your mistake.

- If you think that 425hp and 500hp are "in the same ballpark" - you're wrong.
    - If you think that you can go 80mph in 2nd in your WRX - guess what, you're wrong again.

Just so you know, me and others on this site will be waiting for other post of yours in which you will undoubtedly be wrong and we'll call you out on those too. Why? Because we want to make sure that when people post a question on this forum they get as honest of an answer as possible. I hope you can understand that and get with the program if you want to keep contributing to this forum in a positive manner.

WELL MY OP ABOUT THE 80 MPH WAS WRONG BUT THAT WAS MY BAD I DIDNT KNOW MY GAUGE IS NOT READING RIGHT BUT I TRYED TO REPST AND COULDNT FIND POST MY BAD BUT IT DID READ 80 BECAUSE MY GAUGE WAS BROKE HAD TO BUY NEW GUAGE CLUSTER OFF EBAY.

Stang Specs
    Project Cars
    Mustang Quizzes
    Production Info
    Online Store
    Wallpapers
    Links
    Link To Us
    Contact Us

Home :: Stang Specs :: 2007 :: 2007 Shelby Cobra GT500
    2007 Shelby Cobra GT500 - Specs

Overview | Chassis | Powertrain | Exterior/Interior | Safety | Environment | Specs | Photos

Body
    Construction Unitized welded steel body, aluminum hood

Engine
    Type V-8
    Manufacturing location Romeo, Michigan
    Configuration Iron Block and Aluminum Heads
    Intake manifold Cast-aluminum with screw-type supercharger and air-to-water intercooler
    Exhaust manifold Cast iron
    Crankshaft Forged steel
    Throttle body Dual 55 mm, electronic
    Valvetrain DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
    Valve diameter Intake: 37.0 mm
    Exhaust: 32.0 mm
    Pistons Forged aluminum
    Connecting rods Cracked forged steel I-beams
    Ignition Coil-on-plug
    Bore x stroke 3.552 x 4.165 in. / 90.22 x 105.8 mm
    Displacement 330 cu. in. / 5,409 cc
    Horsepower More than 450
    Torque 450 lb.-ft

Dude, seriously - stop while you're ahead.

Let's see - you post stats on a car with estimated HP values and I post a link to the same car that's actually on sale with the real values. You're only digging yourself a bigger hole. And besides the 500hp in the real car is, in fact, "more than 450hp" that you've posted; so, guess what, I'm right again.

I think you should really consider not arguing this point with me any further, but if you insist I'll keep making you look worse and worse. Your move.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.