Raced my brothers M3 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Raced my brothers M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Token` Well I dumped my clutch and all 4 of my tires blew smoke for like a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Token` View Post
    Well I dumped my clutch and all 4 of my tires blew smoke for like a second then when I took off he then took off. He told me once I stopped burning out he took off so I got like a second or a second and a half head start?

When I raced my friends turbo'd Integra before my friend that was outside said that all of my tires squealed and blew smoke but its like a second. But im not dumping my clutch anymore I like my tranny.
    Yeah. Next time, try what AWDturboWRX stated.
    slipping clutch > dumping clutch
    A new clutch costs much less than a new transmission.

AWD, while I agree that (STi tranny > us) I will also have to say that (we > STi clutch and half shafts)
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    Yeah. Next time, try what AWDturboWRX stated.
    slipping clutch > dumping clutch
    A new clutch costs much less than a new transmission.

AWD, while I agree that (STi tranny > us) I will also have to say that (we > STi clutch and half shafts)
    We have allready gone over this in PM, he has done it enough that the clutch is starting to slip on its own...
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    We have allready gone over this in PM, he has done it enough that the clutch is starting to slip on its own...
    Glad to know you have the situation under control.

I've launched my STi a total of 4 times in the two years I've owned it. The idea of having to replace twisted half shafts costing >$400 a piece or ~$1000 to have a clutch replaced just isn't that appealing to me.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Yeah, ive done it about 10 times or even less. Should of done more research on AWD cars before I started doing stupid ****
    black 08 wrx sedan

lmao , wtf?? how sh1tty are the 08 clutches if its already slipping on its own??? 03 wrx never had problems with the clutch slipping and i raped that thing at the drag strip and randomly on the streets SO many times.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Token` View Post
    Yeah, even though ive done it about 10 times or even less. Should of done more research on AWD cars before I started doing stupid ****
    Hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson and can now move on to a kinder more gentle way to beat up the car
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    lmao , wtf?? how sh1tty are the 08 clutches if its already slipping on its own??? 03 wrx never had problems with the clutch slipping and i raped that thing at the drag strip and randomly on the streets SO many times.
    It's not slipping on its own, I told SonicWagon that now when I dump my clutch I don't feel any kind of burnout that I felt before. (is this clutch slipping? Thought it meant something else )
    black 08 wrx sedan

Well now that im thinking what he said was the same launch technique is no longer resulting in the burnout that might not be the Clutch it could be that 1st gear is sightly worn ???

Token you should drain your tranny fluid and replace it with Jeremys new coctail and while your at it take a picture of the Tranny drain plug it is magnetic and if there are chunks of metal on it already then that is where the damage is. hopefully it will be clean and its your clutch that is slipping

ehh no, slipping is when your driving in 5th gear lets say at like 60mph and you punch it your rpm starts moving up quicker then its supposed to and your not really accellerating. I'm sure your car is fine just don't do it 2 much till you learn how to launch the damn thing.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

ehh no, slipping is when your driving in 5th gear lets say at like 60mph and you punch it your rpm starts moving up quicker then its supposed to and your not really accellerating. I'm sure your car is fine just don't do it 2 much till you learn how to launch the damn thing.
    +1

I love the sport button, reminds me of the turbo button on cpu's back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Sorry, but I call BS. The only thing you're going to burn out in a stock WRX is your clutch.

I agree on the clutch issue...

I raced an m3 from like 0-70mph and i only stayed ahead of him untill about 40, then he blew by....

Stock 06 WRX TR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.