Raced my brothers M3 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced my brothers M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by snowflowmfg +1 but a v8 that has that kinda redline is definately a beast na sounds like ...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflowmfg View Post
    +1

but a v8 that has that kinda redline is definately a beast
    na sounds like a boring car to me i prefer my WRX with ebay mods
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is 414hp fyi. Drive it and then talk. Don't try to act like you are all hard and try to instigate retarded internet fights. You are just looking at the numbers which is the same thing as paper racing. FYI my car isn't 227hp and is probably pushing more than 295tq at the crank. Now why don't you stop swamping the op's thread with all these dumb comments.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #911

My brothers m3 is an 05. Drove it and its just god damn sexy and even sexier that he got Angel Eyes headlights. Love the interior of it, but my brother told me that adding a turbo in his car would cost him about 16k not including the installation .
    black 08 wrx sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Token` View Post
    He said he didn't take off until i stopped burning out which was like a sec.
    Sorry, but I call BS. The only thing you're going to burn out in a stock WRX is your clutch.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    The two of you need to chill with the retarded comments and insults, or Timeouts are coming.

I suspect that the new M3 doesn't FEEL quick because it doesn't have the sudden surge that forced induction gives. Empirically it should wipe the floor with the cars owned by 98% of this forum's members, at least as far as a quarter mile drag goes.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by snowflowmfg View Post
    holy crap dude

so the M5 would normally be running around 400hp until you hit that button, which then would give you the full 500hp?
    The M5
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGALXsKq9h8

on the M3 .. i'd say you were lucky. M3's here in NL are not to reckon with
    Bugeye Mafia member #79
    The Blobeye Syndicate #79
    01 WRB WRX aka The Scooby - Sold
    05 WRB STi aka The STi (EJ207)

All We'll Drive

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Yeah thats true, snow/ice mode (like anyone drives a 599 in snow)
    if i had one, i would, with blizzaks and a sand bag in the trunk(do they have turnks?)
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

I have to say, it's hilarious that the OP thinks a stock '08 WRX hangs with an M3 until 60. It's possible that in that particular race, but don't get the idea that once you're stage II you'll be crushing BMW M cars. That is, unless the M3 was the E36 with its 240hp 6 cylinder.

I think I'm in a decent position to comment on this. Up until two weeks ago I had an '06 WRX, which is by all accounts at least as fast as an '08 (stock for stock). At that time I sold my Rex and got an '04 M3 (6 speed, not the SMG) and it is much faster than my 2.5L WRX was. I believe the most recent C&D comparison got the '08 5 door doing 0-60 in 5.8 and the 1/4mile in 14.4@94mph? The E46 routinely got 0-60 in the 4.5-4.8 range and the 1/4 in the mid 13s at about 105mph. I realize "magazine racing" isn't always apples to apples, but you can't argue those numbers. And FYI, the "sport" button in the E46 M3 does nothing but make the throttle mapping quicker, no extra power and no extra revs (8000 rpm is enough)

So, unless Stage II makes WRXs drop a full second off the 0-60 and add 10mph to their trap speeds, I wouldn't count on beating a (good) M3 driver...

Quote Originally Posted by mrturbo16v View Post

So, unless Stage II makes WRXs drop a full second off the 0-60 and add 10mph to their trap speeds, I wouldn't count on beating a (good) M3 driver...
    yep, the OP did say that his brother was hardly trying.,..

Oh and since when do we brag about Imaginary horsepower at the crank around here???
    Last edited by SonicWagon; 03-20-2008 at 08:09 AM.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    yep, the OP did say that his brother was hardly trying.,..

Oh and since when do we brag about Imaginary horsepower at the crank around here???
    That's true, but the OP also said:

"but im pretty surprised, cant wait till i go stage 2 and show him the Subie power",

and I just wanted to clear up that he shouldn't be expecting a stg II WRX to be blowing the doors off of 333hp M3s.

"but im pretty surprised, cant wait till i go stage 2 and show him the Subie power",

and I just wanted to clear up that he shouldn't be expecting a stg II WRX to be blowing the doors off of 333hp M3s.
    yes your right about that.

Where in that quote does it say that i will beat him . Don't put words in my mouth.
    black 08 wrx sedan

How exactly did you do a burnout in an AWD car?
    Even when I nailed a buttery smooth launch in my STi about a year ago, all that happened was the back tires squealed for a split second, then the front tires caught, then it felt like I was launched out of a sling shot. Any M3 that would have waited for me to stop 'burning out' on that launch would have been 2-3 cars behind me right off the bat.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    How exactly did you do a burnout in an AWD car?
    Even when I nailed a buttery smooth launch in my STi about a year ago, all that happened was the back tires squealed for a split second, then the front tires caught, then it felt like I was launched out of a sling shot. Any M3 that would have waited for me to stop 'burning out' on that launch would have been 2-3 cars behind me right off the bat.
    Well I dumped my clutch and all 4 of my tires blew smoke for like a second then when I took off he then took off. He told me once I stopped burning out he took off so I got like a second or a second and a half head start?

When I raced my friends turbo'd Integra before my friend that was outside said that all of my tires squealed and blew smoke but its like a second. But im not dumping my clutch anymore I like my tranny.
    black 08 wrx sedan

5krpm slip launch and 1.6 60ft times ftw. (sti tranny > u)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.