2008 Vw Gti Vs 2008 Wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 Vw Gti Vs 2008 Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJa1fftrr0 Is this right? Or does the lady suck?...

2008 Vw Gti Vs 2008 Wrx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwJa1fftrr0

Is this right? Or does the lady suck?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    If those times are accurate I'm VERY surprised.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    If those times are accurate I'm VERY surprised.
    yeah i was going to say the same thing. AWD+30 hp vs FWD ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh seems little bit off.

I'm pretty surprised by it as well.

But...

Being the owner of a 2008 WRX, I may have an explanation. (Note that this is my impression only, and I am just guessing as to the 5th gear results.)

Understeer.

My car, completely stock right now, understeers pretty badly during anything but very mild or VERY HARD cornering.

It took me a bit to get used to it, and find that I hard to push the car so hard to get past the initial understeer, and in truth, I have to push it too hard for normal driving on normal roads with other cars around.

This could be a factor, I am guessing.
    Note that I will be changing sway bars soon for this very reason.

Not being familiar with 5th Gear, I also wonder if the driving differences between FWD and AWD might have something to do with it as well?

I am not suprised at all. for the 08 wrx owners find yourselves an 08 VW GTi and look up a track.

with both cars stock go chase eachother for a lap or two and see for yourselves who crosses the line first.

I have encountered many GTi here in NL in bendy roads and trust me the handling of this car is amazing! in straight aways with that 6spd gearbox ... its pulls away and you'll be in your WRX with an open mouth.
    Bugeye Mafia member #79
    The Blobeye Syndicate #79
    01 WRB WRX aka The Scooby - Sold
    05 WRB STi aka The STi (EJ207)

All We'll Drive

I like the new GTI, The WRX however would benefit so much from coming with a decent set of rubber as apposed to the re-92's.

Quote Originally Posted by RDB81 View Post
    I like the new GTI, The WRX however would benefit so much from coming with a decent set of rubber as apposed to the re-92's.
    +1

Tires make such a huge difference and shows like that never seem to take that into account. If you can't get that power to completely contact with the road...then what good is it? Soft sidewalls of those re-92s kill handling. The Michelins on the GTI are good tires, definitely 10x better that the Bridgestones (my 03 Jetta GLI 6spd had the same Michelins).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Apparently the EDM GTI has an LSD and I guess the USDM doesn't so that makes it a better performer on the twisties. Also, the GTI comes with summer tires and the WRX with RE92A's which suck beyond all belief.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Apparently the EDM GTI has an LSD and I guess the USDM doesn't so that makes it a better performer on the twisties. Also, the GTI comes with summer tires and the WRX with RE92A's which suck beyond all belief.
    so the GTI in the vid has an LSD while the WRX in the Vid has brakes that try to do what the LSD does

I bet an 07 WRX with new tires would spank that Golf
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    so the GTI in the vid has an LSD while the WRX in the Vid has brakes that try to do what the LSD does

I bet an 07 WRX with new tires would spank that Golf
    I bet an 07/08 JCW Cooper S would spank that Golf as well (if you wanna compare FWD vs. FWD).
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.