Not trying to rehash an argument or anything....
Closed Thread

This is a discussion on Not trying to rehash an argument or anything.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; But where I live there are no streets to race on or anything of that nature, just interstates... There are ...

Not trying to rehash an argument or anything....

But where I live there are no streets to race on or anything of that nature, just interstates... There are tons of old windy roads and they are a blast to drive on, it's unreal how the car handles, I wouldn't race on them though, no way... I'm way to inexperienced. I just wanted everyone to know I'm not some wreckless idiot, I know the difference between right and wrong on the road... I really just wanted to see where I stood with those cars... anyways, if I'm not mistaking, the stock '03 WRX has atleast 200hp according to the Subaru specs. Thanks guys, all the input was great, I truly appreciate it, I could only hope to be as knowledgeable as all of you one day.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stick around!
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

I Support ClubWRX
    Best way to see how your car stands up to other cars is to look for videos online of people racing. If that doesn't give you enough of an idea, go to the races with your car either to participate or to watch. I have a drag strip about an hour from me, and a road course about 3-4 hours from me. I'll be going to both somewhat often this year.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Wow... yeah that last thread turned completely useless really quickly...

First off buddy... congrats on the 03 wrx... I used to own one before I got my 06 wrx... and im currently looking for an 05 sti...

Some things you will soon learn... 03 wrx is a very nice car with potential... but be extremely careful launching your car... the transmission is pretty weak once you get above stage 2- turboback and engine management... :also in the 02-05 wrx's... you should probably get a new uppipe... because there is a cat a couple inches before your turbo... bad design by subaru... but if you increase boost... which is what stage 2 does... there is the potential for this cat to break apart and fly into your turbo... and little pieces of metal flying into a turbo that is spinning up to 100k rpms... well... it never ends well... so an uppipe would be a good choice... or at least hollow out your stock one... although you need to make sure its done right!:

You will also find out... you can outlaunch... if done right... tons of cars! but after or midway thru second gear... watch out... srt's... cobalt ss's... most v8 mustangs... at least newer ones... will catch you... :this is saying that you are still stock:

The kid that said you can hit 80 in second gear... just disregard everything he said... hahaha... use the search thread and really just start reading... thats the only way you are gonna learn about our cars... the STi has WAYYYY more potential than the wrx... main difference is the transmissions... 02 wrx's were the weakest... and they slowly got better until this year when subaru finally gave the wrx the legacy tranny which can hold closer to 400 whp... if I remember correctly... without modification... the sti tranny... 6 speed... can usually hold closer to 500 whp... so before you go listen to someone that says you can hit 80 in second... more like 60 or so... read around and get some information... if you bought your car to race quarter miles and whatnot... you may want to reconsider your purchase... not what subaru designed it for...

I would say start off with stage 2... then look towards suspension mods... sway bars are a very good upgrade in my opinion... nothing better than getting rid of the stock re-92 tires though...

Hope I have helped you out some... seriously just start reading around... many good sites out there.. this is a good one... nasioc.com is ok... if you are interested in sti's... iwsti.com is a good one as well...

Word of advice though... don't go around posting... I street raced this guy... and played games with this guy... street racing is very dangerous... keep it to the tracks or auto-x's....

Again... congrats on the purchase... and just be smart about going fast, where and how you do it... owning a fast car is no joke... they are fun but at the same time can be dangerous...

Congrats and good luck modding!
    Last edited by Ret030; 03-17-2008 at 07:28 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

Thumbs up

^^^ couldn't have said it any better
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    It was closed so conversation could die...
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.